Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Korean dog food

moontamara
September 10th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Actually, should be titled "Dog Food Sold in Korea" but that sounded way too boring and didn't want to bore everyone away.

So.... anyone still reading?

I finally found Solid Gold :D and am thrilled, although only the Puppy kind, so I may be screwed again once Casey turns a year :( . But I wanted to mention two things. The first one is that when I told the dog food seller that I wanted high quality food for a dog with allergies, she recommended a Japanese brand. The first ingredient was "pig meat" :eek: :eek: :eek: Isn't pork extremely dangerous for dogs????

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I found out that less than a year ago Pedigree dog food (the stuff sold here in Korea is made in Thailand, I believe) was responsible for the deaths and serious illnesses of many dogs in Korea. The woman I spoke to about it didn't know many details, but her dog is one of the survivors. Pedigree actually paid all of their vet bills. I was HORRIFIED by this story!!! I will now not feed my dog ANYTHING that wasn't made in North America!!!

Just wanted to share THE HORROR (pls imagine the late great Marlon Brando whispering this for full effect ;) )

Sneaky2006
September 10th, 2004, 07:50 AM
From what I read on here, pork isn't good for dogs because of the fat content. Maybe in the dog food it's different because it's a dry food? I am not sure but I would stick with the solid gold, and maybe someone else can answer this... is it that horrible for a dog to eat puppy food?

Cactus Flower
September 10th, 2004, 01:09 PM
LOL! "The horrah.....the horrah....."
Ah, Marlon!

You're right, pork is a big no-no, especially for small dogs. Causes pancreatitis.

I believe the nutritional needs change once a dog exits puppyhood, and that's why they have puppy/adult formulas. Could the place who sells Solid Gold get some adult food for you?