Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye my Sweetheart, Greta

Sylvie
July 15th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Last Thursday night we lost our girl Greta.

She had bloat, and by the time we got her to the emergency vet her stomache had turned and she was almost gone. Nothing could save her at that point. It has taken a week for me to write this down. It doesn't seem real.

She was our first foster failure and she started out to be the foster from hell.
She destroyed our 50" T.V., destroyed 3 doors, numerous screens, custom made blinds etc. We could not fence her in, she destroyed 2 heavy duty crates, and one larger kennel. The gate at the front of the house because she was convinced that her Daddy needed help with the snowblowing. Over time she settled in and actually stayed in a cage. Last year she actually went to the Wiggle Waggle Walkathon with many many dogs and did not create a scene.

Rest in Peace my sweetheart.

Frenchy
July 15th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Sylvie , I'm so sorry about Greta :( She was a beauty. :rip:

:grouphug:

Chris21711
July 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Oh Sylvie I'm so sorry to hear this, she was such a beauty :cloud9:...you must be totally heartbroken. Many hugs to you :grouphug:

I remember last year You, Cindy and Gerri came to visit the day after my sweet Cocoa was laid to rest and were such a great comfort to me, I wish I could do the same for You and Cindy in your times of grief.

:candle: Sweet Greta

chico2
July 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Aww Sylvie,I am so sorry,she certainly was a beautiful destroyer:lovestruck:
This has been a bad week,we have lost so many,crying by the computer has been the norm,hopefully next week will be a better one.
So sorry about your loss,lovely pics of Greta...
:rip:beautiful girl:pawprint:

CsqU4r3d
July 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I am so sorry for your loss...bloat is nasty, it can take your beloved dog so quickly. Such a helpless feeling.

Love4himies
July 15th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I am sooo sorry, how devastating for you :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
July 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Greta. She was a beautiful pup. :grouphug:

:candle:Greta

14+kitties
July 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
:candle::rip: sweet Greta:candle:

Sylvie - I wish I could wrap you in a hug. I am so so sorry hon. :grouphug::cry:

Dee-O-Gee
July 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Sylvie, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. :(

May Greta run free to the bridge and we're here for your mf.

:grouphug::grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Greta girl. :candle: :candle:

Winston
July 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Goodbye precious little sweetheart! She was a beautiful soul and thats why she was a foster failure. You and her Daddy should be some proud of what you accomplished with Greta.

Greta was Winston's walking buddy along with many other doggies! Our walks will never be quite the same! :( She learned to love walking with Winston and always seem to know when we were there! We both will miss her very much!

The tears are flowing again and I just cant seem to stop them at all. :cry::cry: You know where I am MF! :grouphug::grouphug:

RIP Sweet girl! :dog:
Love from your buddy Winston! :pawprint:

Floppy Dog
July 15th, 2010, 07:39 PM
:candle:RIP, Greta.

Maybe off topic, but what is bloat and how do dogs get it?:offtopic:

Winston
July 15th, 2010, 07:55 PM
here is a link to a previous thread on bloat.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67521&highlight=bloat

luckypenny
July 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Oh no :( . I'm so sorry Sylvie :grouphug:. Please take comfort in knowing Greta held you dear in her heart as you hold her in yours.

RIP Dear Sweet Greta :candle:

aslan
July 16th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Sylvie, i'm so sorry for your loss of such a beautiful angel. You rescued her from all that was bad to her and gave her love and a wonderful life.
:rip: Greta

BenMax
July 16th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Sylvie - I am so very very sorry:(. I wish there was that special word to say to make your pain go away.:grouphug:

Peace to you dear friend.

RIP Sweet angel. Run free and wild Greta.:rip:

Masha
July 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I am so very very sorry for your loss Sylvie... :( my heart goes out to you and your family... Beautiful Greta :candle:

Sylvie
July 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thank you everyone for all your kind words. It is nice to know that there are people who understand.

I think it is hard to accept because she did not do any of the things that you associate with bloat. She wasn't running, she hadn't ate or drank anything and then bang she bloats.

I picked up her ashes yesterday and she is home where she belongs.

luckypenny
July 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
:grouphug:

14+kitties
July 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM
:grouphug: You have another :angel2: watching over you.

ancientgirl
July 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she was.

:rip:Greta. Run free and watch over your loved ones.

hazelrunpack
July 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl, Sylvie :grouphug: She certainly found an :angel: when she came to you--someone to tame her :evil:ish shenanigans and teach her the meaning of a loving home. What a character she was!

You did so good by her and now she's your :angel:

:candle: Greta

growler~GateKeeper
July 18th, 2010, 08:18 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Greta :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

krdahmer
July 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
so so sorry for your loss :candle::grouphug:

mastifflover
July 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. But you obviously made a difference in her life and now that she is gone she will always be there watching over you.:rip: sweet little girl

Dog Dancer
July 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Sylvie I'm so sorry for your loss. Greta was a beautiful girl who just needed you and your husband in her life to make her blossom. RIP sweet girl and know how truly you were loved.