Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rose and the Squirrel

Love4himies
July 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Rose had a bit of excitement today. A young red squirrel wanted to come out of Rose's tree:

It kept coming down the tree and squeeking at Rose.

Until she couldn't take it anymore:

And then watched as the squirrel climbed away.

Love4himies
July 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Of course Jasper had to watch the shananagans, even though he was not in the pen:

And Sweet Pea was a polite little girl, staying still in the window sill until Rose had her fun :lovestruck:

And of course Puddles thought they were just being silly:

BrownEyedGirl
July 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
What great pics - love the one of Puddles, too cute.

14+kitties
July 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
That'll teach that squirrel to stay out of Rose's yard!!! :thumbs up What a hunter!!! I can see the other kitties just enjoying the show. Even Puddles even though she wouldn't admit it. ;)

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM
:laughing:I love that last one of Puddles.

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I swear squirrels (especially red ones) just come 'round to torment the domestics, cats and dogs. :D Go get 'im, Rose!!!!

She seems to really appreciate her new exercise area, L4H!

I love that shot of Puddles, too, AG! :laughing:

cpietra16
July 14th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I knew there was a reason why Rose ended up there....She isthe entertainer...:thumbs up
Come on Puddles, you've got to lighten up....sheeshh

Love4himies
July 14th, 2010, 06:37 AM
That'll teach that squirrel to stay out of Rose's yard!!! :thumbs up What a hunter!!! I can see the other kitties just enjoying the show. Even Puddles even though she wouldn't admit it. ;)

You wouldn't believe the strength this girl has :eek:. She managed to keep still staring at the squirrel for a few minutes while holding onto the tree. Unbelievable!

Yes, Puddles gets entertained when the kitties are playing, as long as they don't come within 10 feet of her :laughing:.

Love4himies
July 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I swear squirrels (especially red ones) just come 'round to torment the domestics, cats and dogs. :D Go get 'im, Rose!!!!

Oh they certainly do!

She seems to really appreciate her new exercise area, L4H!

I love that shot of Puddles, too, AG! :laughing:

She just loves being outside, she is in her pen every minute she can be.

Love4himies
July 14th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I knew there was a reason why Rose ended up there....She isthe entertainer...:thumbs up
Come on Puddles, you've got to lighten up....sheeshh

She certainly is, cpietra, she even entertains the hoomans of the house :laughing:

Puddles has always been, shall I say, a snooty, stick-in-the-mud, kinda gal. Even when Snowball would bring her some of his hard gotten critters she would snub him unless it was a bird :(. Poor guy, such rejection. :laughing:

chico2
July 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
L4H,love the pics,no wonder Rose loves the outdoors her pen is just great,then there is Jasper and you know how I feel about him,love at first sight:lovestruck:
So,Sweet-Pea and Rose get along??
Puddles has earned the right to be Queenish,she's a beauty,a real diva,watching over her underlings:laughing:

Here,the red Squirrel(one)comes early morning and at night for suet,has to fight the wood-peckers for it.
The little Chickadees are the once teasing the cats,they get awfully close,swooping down at especially Rocky..

Hows the Butterfly bush doing??? One of mine is almost 6 foot tall and wide.

Love4himies
July 14th, 2010, 08:17 AM
L4H,love the pics,no wonder Rose loves the outdoors her pen is just great,then there is Jasper and you know how I feel about him,love at first site:lovestruck:
So,Sweet-Pea and Rose get along??
Puddles has earned the right to be Queenish,she's a beauty,a real diva,watching over her underlings:laughing:

Here,the red Squirrel(one)comes early morning and at night for suet,has to fight the wood-peckers for it.
The little Chickadees are the once teasing the cats,they get awfully close,swooping down at especially Rocky..

Hows the Butterfly bush doing??? One of mine is almost 6 foot tall and wide.

Thanks chico. Yes, Rose and Sweet Pea get along, because when Sweet Pea says "Get out of my way", Rose does :laughing: Puddles will only say "I don't think so", then Sweet Pea gets :evil:.

I need to get access inside the pen to cut back the dead blooms. I haven't seen any butterflies going to it :(. Rose loves to lie under it though :cloud9:

luckypenny
July 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Love that first photo! Looks like the squirrel is trying to decide if Rose is safe to play tag with.

Does Sweetpea go into the enclosure when she wants to as well? I think that set-up is brilliant :thumbs up.

Love4himies
July 14th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Love that first photo! Looks like the squirrel is trying to decide if Rose is safe to play tag with.

Does Sweetpea go into the enclosure when she wants to as well? I think that set-up is brilliant :thumbs up.

While we are able to supervise Rose, the basement window remains open, so any cat who is inside and wishes to go out they can. I have to keep Sweet Pea and Puddles separated at all times, so when Puddles is outside, Sweet Pea is inside.

Dog Dancer
July 14th, 2010, 11:00 AM
What a great set up for the kitties. Puddles is such a Diva. How sweet they all look.

Tundra_Queen
July 15th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Rose must be so happy to be outside with her friends! I love the pic of her "hanging" on the bark of the tree just waiting! :laughing:

Has she tried to escape the enclosure?

TeriM
July 15th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Puddles :laughing: :lovestruck:.

and wow, Rose looks like she moved very fast :eek:. That squirrel would be smart to pick another target next time :D.

Love4himies
July 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you everybody.

The squirrel was back today :yell: taunting Rose, so now I just can't guarantee it's safety :frustrated:. Rose just about got it.

TQ: Yes, Rose is so happy to be outside. She now runs to the window when we get home from work waiting for us to open it.

No, she has never tried to get out, she is such a doll, who seems to just accept what she has and appreciates it :cloud9:. She is one of those cats who is so easy to fall in love with :lovestruck:.