Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

6 months way too young

Rottielover
July 12th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I am sad to update that Taz has gone to the rainbow bridge. At 5am on his 6 month birthday. One second he was cuddling with me, playing with the cat that found me, the next min he dropped to the floor with a loud scream not breathing. I rushed him to DMV but he died instantly from cardiac arrest. We are doing a necropsy to find out what could have caused this. The breeder has been great and very supportive, just like me she is stunned to see how a perfectly healthy puppy could just pass away so quick.
He was never over exerted, nor ever in the heat more than 5 mins.
It does not make sense, I have not stopped crying, I just do not get it.
Tazzy boy mommy will always love you, Harley and Kayla are grieving as well. I keep seeing your precious face, I do not understand...... I really don't

pamha
July 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I`m so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you get some answers

Goldfields
July 13th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Oh, that is just awful, poor baby. What a dreadful shock for you, Rottielover, I know you would be devastated. You have our deepest sympathy. That was how quick it was with the 3 yr old Old English Sheepdog that died at a show here too, he just turned his head around to his heart and was down and gone. In some lines of ACDs we are seeing heart problems in young pups, which is alarming. Wonder if your baby had a congenital abnormality that no-one could guess at?

hazelrunpack
July 13th, 2010, 04:55 AM
:candle: Taz

Run free, little one.

Winston
July 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM
RL I am so sorry for this loss you have to endoure..Take comfort in knowing that your beloved TAZ is running free of pain at the Rainbow Bridge...you will meet him again!

RIP weet baby :candle:

Love4himies
July 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I am so sorry, Rottielover :grouphug:
:rip: Taz :candle:

ancientgirl
July 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I'm so very sorry.:(

:rip: Sweet Taz

BenMax
July 13th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your puppy's passing. I hope that you get the answers you need to put your mind to rest. Also, I hope that your breeder honors the contract though right now I know this is the furtherest thing on your mind.

So sorry.

Run free little man.:rip:

Rgeurts
July 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
What a horrible shock that must have been. I'm so sorry for you :cry:
:rip: sweet baby :candle:

Rottielover
July 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
The breeder is doing everything she possibly can, yes contract will be honored, but I am no where ready. I am waiting for the autopsy report to send to her as well so we can both sit down and try to figure out what went wrong with my sweet boy.
Not only is it a horrible loss for me, but her as well. I went to visit her as I needed lots of love from Taz's daddy, Taz was so much like him.

Dog Dancer
July 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Oh Rottielover I'm so sorry to hear about Taz. How sad. At least you were there and know he did not suffer, hopefully you get some comfort from that. RIP sweet little boy, play long and hard at the bridge.

Longblades
July 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry. What a horrible shock.

diandpat
July 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM
RL, I am so sorry...I remember how excited you were to adopt him. Sometimes bad things just happen...no explanation :(

Run free at the Bridge sweet Taz...Roxie will meet you there :angel2: :pawprint:

Masha
July 13th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I am so sorry... this is just horrible... :( stay strong :grouphug:

Life can be so cruel sometimes... and so unfair... :cry:

clm
July 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
OMG. What a horrible shock. I'm so sorry.

clm

CarolynInPEI
July 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

CsqU4r3d
July 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM
How awful for you! So very hard to accept at the tender age of 6 months..my sympathies to you and yours.:cry:

chico2
July 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Oh Rottielover,that beautiful little pup,it's hard to believe,he looked very healthy and beautiful.
So sorry for both you,Kayla and Harley:(:grouphug:

I know of another Rottie(a former neighbors dog)that died suddenly from a heartattack,but he was 3 yrs old,still too young,but not as young as your Taz.
So very sorry:cry:what a terrible thing to have happen..

Dee-O-Gee
July 14th, 2010, 07:55 PM
So very sorry to hear this sad news RL.

Hope you get some answers and closure from the report.

:rip: Sweet Taz :candle:

:grouphug::grouphug:

luckypenny
July 14th, 2010, 11:59 PM
:candle: Taz :candle:

mikischo
July 15th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Taz :dog: :candle:

growler~GateKeeper
July 15th, 2010, 01:26 AM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Taz :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

TeriM
July 15th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss RL, how awful and unexpected :( :grouphug:.

Rest easy Taz :candle:.