Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Small Nadine and kitties' update

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I should find out tomorrow whether or not Naddy and babes have coccidia or giardia. I am hoping for neither one but it would help to pin down why Naddy is not feeling the best right now. She is doing much better. Her poops are almost back to norm which is great. The antibiotics seem to be doing their job for most of the gang. A couple of the kitties may need a longer time on them.
At the moment they are going through two large cans of Wellness, one large can of Innova Evo and approx 1 and a half cups of raw a day. :eek: At this rate I will be broke in no time. Anyone have a part time job? :D
MiniMoo looking dapper.
Little tabby gal, who I have tentatively named Sneakers as she is always the first one to try to sneak past me when I open the door in the morning, enjoying supper.
MiniMoo's twin. She is not responding as quickly as I would like to the meds. Her eyes are still running quite a bit. It's not affecting her appetite though. :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Tipster was having a blast taking a round out of one of his sisters. She got hers back though. Don't worry. He, by the way, is FULL of energy and playfulness. :cloud9:

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 09:15 PM
This was hilarious! Kitties were trying to figure out why the curtain was moving and growling.
Oh! It's Mommy!! She's taken to hiding out behind the curtain to get away occasionally.
And the last picture before I left the room for the night.

Frenchy
July 11th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Kittens at play !! :cloud9: with all the food they're eating , of course they have the energy to play :evil: :D

and they'll all get healthier in no time :goodvibes:

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Kittens at play !! :cloud9: with all the food they're eating , of course they have the energy to play :evil: :D

and they'll all get healthier in no time :goodvibes:

I'm hoping to try to get them eating more raw and less canned. It's a little cheaper. They wolf it down. I'm still waiting for the smaller poos but with the canned food too I won't get it.

Frenchy
July 11th, 2010, 09:45 PM
So the kittens are eating raw , good job ! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 09:52 PM
So the kittens are eating raw , good job ! :thumbs up

They came to me eating raw. Mom does too. MM and cpietra did a good job on that! Now they get a mixture of chicken and turkey. I take in about 3/4 of a cup in the morning and open a can of Wellness too. The raw is gone before I leave the room. I think they could easily just do raw but I am still trying to figure out how much they need. Once they are weaned (soon) I should be able to judge how much is enough.

Frenchy
July 11th, 2010, 09:55 PM
That's pretty good. It takes time for some adult cats to get use to raw. But those kittens are already liking this ! I must ask tips to Cpietra :p

hazelrunpack
July 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
They seem to be enjoying the spare bedroom! :laughing: Love the growling curtain mystery! :p

14+kitties
July 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM
They seem to be enjoying the spare bedroom! :laughing: Love the growling curtain mystery! :p

They LOVE the spare bedroom hazel! Now I have to do some more planning on their outside home. Already have told hubby a few things I want done before they move back out. Haven't told him the half of it yet though. :D:eek: :D

Love4himies
July 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I know what you are talking about the amount they eat :eek:, I needed a conveyor belt with continuous food going into their room :eek: :laughing:

I am so glad Tipster is back to himself :thumbs up.

cpietra16
July 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
It's great to see them playful and eating...ok...well that part has never changed.
Frenchy...a dab of butter on raw always starts the kittens going...;)

They were checked for both coccidia and giardia and test was negative...I hope they don't have that...unless it comes back:yell::frustrated:
This is so frustrating. You think they get a clean bill of health and then this happens.
I am not putting my organization down , but if someone adopted out these kittens and came back telling us they are sick and already spent 100's on them ..they would have reason to get upset.
14+thanks for the update and you are doing an amazing job.:thumbs up:angel:

14+kitties
July 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM
They were checked for both coccidia and giardia and test was negative...I hope they don't have that...unless it comes back:yell::frustrated:
This is so frustrating. You think they get a clean bill of health and then this happens.
I am not putting my organization down , but if someone adopted out these kittens and came back telling us they are sick and already spent 100's on them ..they would have reason to get upset.
14+thanks for the update and you are doing an amazing job.:thumbs up:angel:

My vet told me the other day that they can test negative one day and the next their poo will be filled with one or both parasites. That's how fast they move through the system. I took in samples from a few different kitties so hopefully if it doesn't show from one it will in another if they have it. It is not your organization's fault if that is the case. They maybe just tested on a "good" day. :shrug:

Melinda
July 12th, 2010, 08:00 AM
will all your cats have it now? sorry, I only know dogs and how each can catch it from the others, not sure about cats

Love4himies
July 12th, 2010, 08:15 AM
It is not uncommon for to have the coccidia protozoans present in their intestines and they may not show any symptoms until a cat becomes stressed. Sooooo, the cats can seem healthy one minute, then go through some stress, and get sick.

ancientgirl
July 12th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Oh my gosh, they are so darned cute! Tipster and little sis, so cute. And the others are just gorgeous looking kitties. I hope Naddy gets better soon. :pray:

Melinda
July 12th, 2010, 08:35 AM
will all your cats have it now? sorry, I only know dogs and how each can catch it from the others, not sure about cats

:thumbs up ohhh ok, now I understand, thanks!!

14+kitties
July 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Melinda - the new kitties were never in with the other cats. They had their own separate enclosure. In the house they are separated from the other house cats. I wash my hands after visiting with them. I don't think I have to worry too much about that. I have at various times had samples tested with my cats to see if either show up. Never has done so far. :fingerscr

Melinda
July 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
well thats good then, can't imagine paying to have them all treated

14+kitties
July 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM
well thats good then, can't imagine paying to have them all treated

Me either!!! Right now with having to do flea meds and worming every month it's a little pricey!!! :eek:

BrownEyedGirl
July 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I love these pics. Minimoo is so stinkin precious!

14+kitties
July 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks folks! They are all precious. :cloud9: Loving their different personalities. :thumbs up
Results are in. Nothing in the poop!! That's good but it does not explain why Naddy is still not well. Although she has gained probably a good pound in the last few days. :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
July 13th, 2010, 01:45 AM
14+ I love the little white and grey striped kitty that is playing with tipster!

Could Naddy have diarrhea from the change of water? I know our dogs get it from change of water.

Dog Dancer
July 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
14+ good news on the results. :thumbs up Hopefully Naddy will pick herself up shortly with all your TLC. What a happy looking family. You're doing such a good thing and they are obviously thriving with it.

TeriM
July 15th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Woohoo for good test results :thumbs up.

Those kittens are all soooo cute :cloud9:.

cpietra16
July 15th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Thanks folks! They are all precious. :cloud9: Loving their different personalities. :thumbs up
Results are in. Nothing in the poop!! That's good but it does not explain why Naddy is still not well. Although she has gained probably a good pound in the last few days. :thumbs up

glad to hear there were no parasites in their poop....with all the homeopathic meds and vets meds in their system..those poop pest really had no chance to survive:thumbs up