Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

She Passed! Yippee!

Writing4Fun
September 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
OK, I know it's rediculous to get excited about this (it's not like anyone actually ever fails), but Phoebe gradutated from Puppy Kindergarten today! Happy Day! :D (My sister thinks I'm a little nuts for wanting to frame her certificate :o ) If I may say so myself, she was absolutely brilliant during our final "exam". :cool: She starts Puppy Advanced on October 14th. But, the next, more immediate hurdle she's facing is getting spayed TOMORROW! I know she'll be fine ... I'm not even that nervous right now. Talk to me in the morning, though. I'm sure I'll be a basket case! :rolleyes:

Jack's Mom
September 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
WooHoo !! Congratulations ! You frame that certificate & any others
that come your way. I have a special wall space in the family room with all
of Jack's certificates. We are proud Moms & Dads and why the heck not ??
Good luck tomorrow, it will be OK.

Lucky Rescue
September 9th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Congratulations and well done!! You have every reason to be proud.

I have my dog's Obed. certificate on the wall too. :D

silver_girl
September 10th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Congrats! Such an accomplishment! :D

Maggie was spayed at the end of August. I was kinda worried, but there were absolutely no problems, and even the next day it was hard to tell she had anything done! ;)

GsdDiamond
September 10th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Congrats!! I'm also making a wall of fame for Diamond, so I know you're not crazy...or I'd be crazy too...and that's just WRONG! ;)

Luba
September 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Very well done :D

Writing4Fun
September 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Well, we picked Phoebe up from the vet this evening. Although she could barely walk, the first thing she did was try to get at her incision. So, we had to put on the dreaded "cone". :( She's now resting as comfortably as possible with that stupid plastic sheet wrapped around her head. Poor baby! She'll spend the night in my room (she's usually in her crate at night). I hope she stops trying to get at the spay site. Imagine having to wear that thing for 7 whole days?! :eek:

Spoiled
September 12th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Congratulations! Good job on passing the test!

She'll probably stop trying to lick at it after it gets healing.

Writing4Fun
September 12th, 2004, 10:11 PM
We left the cone off for most of the day today (it's back on for the night, though). I don't think the incision is giving her as much trouble as the fur that's regrowing! She is constantly trying to scratch along the hair line - she's starting to scratch herself raw, and my constant "Phoebe, leave it" is making her a little skittish. Does anyone know of an ointment I can put along the hair line to help with the itching?

Shelby
September 12th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Congratulations on passing the exam!! You're not crazy wanting to frame her certificate, Izzy came 2nd in her intermediate exam (after failing the first time round with my husband) and I have her red ribbon on the fridge. You should be very proud!!

pug lover
September 13th, 2004, 12:24 AM
congrats on passing!!!! :D I can't wait for rosie to be able to go to school. I hope she does as weel as you guys have

Writing4Fun
November 3rd, 2004, 09:53 AM
Yahoo! Phoebe passed her Puppy Advanced class last night. She scored 111/115 on her final exam. :D I got an extra 11 bonus points for a) using hand signals as well as voice commands, and b) remembering to talk to her and praise her during the "sit politely for petting" exercise. Such a proud Mommy today - but there's no one around to brag to :( (except you guys ;) ).

lilith_rizel
November 5th, 2004, 09:55 AM
My friend, thought that James and I were nuts for having a web page for our dog Cano. But my entire family loves it. They can watch him grow up, and read about things he does, even if they are 1300 miles away. So I don't think that is is crazy hanging up a certificate. I would do the same thing.