Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggie Owner Etiquette

CsqU4r3d
July 10th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I am in need of advice ...the other day the dog from across the street got loose ,came into my yard and did his business ( I have no issue with that) but when I went to clean it up ... I found a rather nasty chicken bone (2 inches long jagged end ) right in the middle of it. I keep thinking about the poor little guys innards...now should I just keep my big mouth shut or maybe say something to the owners?..:shrug:

Goldfields
July 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM
If it was me I would have picked the bone up using a plastic bag and taken it to show to them. If you explain it as you have here then they should appreciate your concern. Amazing what can pass through without hurting them though.

14+kitties
July 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Just curious if you noticed if the bone was raw or cooked? Could be they are feeding a raw diet and the dog didn't chew the bone up well enough. If you want to present yourself as being curious as to if they are indeed feeding raw then go have a chat. If not IMO I would let it rest.
Unless, of course, the dog is a known garbage picker in your area. Then I would be going and talking to them gently about the dangers of doing so.

CsqU4r3d
July 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Well I did talk to my neighbour...she was glad I let her know..apparently they had KFC at her daughters birthday party and Izzy did a little foraging in the garbage...she will keep a look out for any ill effects.

Luvmypitgirls
August 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Just curious did your neighbor at least apologize for her dog getting loose and poopin' on your yard? Did she thank you for picking it up?
Just curious...cuz, my neighbors dog crapped on my yard...again. When I asked them to please get a bag and clean it up I was given the one finger salute.
:mad:

Loki Love
August 9th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Just curious did your neighbor at least apologize for her dog getting loose and poopin' on your yard? Did she thank you for picking it up?
Just curious...cuz, my neighbors dog crapped on my yard...again. When I asked them to please get a bag and clean it up I was given the one finger salute.
:mad:

I'd clean it up the poop (and any other their dog may leave behind) and dispose of it neatly (sans bag) on their front doorstep.

They should get the message loud and clear.