Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rash and hair rash

GAB5588@aol.com
September 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I have been feeding a stray dog that lives in a field, he has a red rash and hair loss, he has also lost weight, even though he eats alot of food. The rash is red and then it seems to turn a dark color and looks very thick and real rough. I have tried everything to help him with no luck. Lotions, Creams, antibotics, shampoos food supplements nothing is working Please help

badger
September 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Can you get him to a vet? Sounds serious and very painful for the dog. Poor fellow. Bless you for helping him.

goldenblaze
September 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
That really sounds like mange to me, I have a a Golden with mange now. It is a very painful disease when left untreated, there is nothing you can give this dog to help him. Please take him to a Vet or shelter so he can get so help before it is too late. Mange also known as scabies, do you know if the dog is itching too? Treatment can be given by a Vet but this must not be left as it will get worse and in bad cases euthanasia is not ruled out. Let hope this little guy has something other than mange but really please have him looked at by a Vet. You are a good person for feeding this dog and I know you will do what you believe is right. :D