Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so sad :(

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
As some of u know I have chipmunks running around our place and I have made friends with at least one of them.

It has been very rainy the past week or two so tonight I went to dump out a weeding bucket to keep the mosquitoes from laying eggs in it. I didn't dump it yesterday cause it was raining so I thought it would be ok if I waited till today. (Most of the time I usually turn the bucket over so it doesn't get water in it.) When I dumped it out a dead chipmunk was in it. It had drowned in the couple of inches of water. :cry::( The poor little guy I felt so guilty and awful I just started crying. He must of been so scared....oh gawd! :cry: My other weed bucket has holes in the bottom and this one didn't. I just feel sick. :(:cry: I'M SO STUPID!! And he had to pay for my stupidity with his dear life! :yell:

I threw the bucket out, but why the heck didn't I do that before!

Debbie :(

Rgeurts
July 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Awwww :(:(

I'm so sorry! I would say don't feel bad, but I know you would anyway, just as I would. But everything happens for a reason, and it wasn't intentional... so I'm going to say it anyway... don't beat yourself up over it. Just treat the remaining chipmunks extra special! :)

And don't let yourself think about how he/she felt... that will drive you insane :(

14+kitties
July 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
:grouphug: I'm sorry :grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
July 8th, 2010, 11:52 PM
thanks Rgeurts and 14+. I know some people would think it's silly be sad about a chipmunk but i've been this way since was I was a little girl. I always worried about creatures and when they are on our yard I feel they are my responsibility. Especially when he trusted me enough to come up to my feet and look up at me and not be scared. He would feed and drink with me and the dogs outside only a few ft away.

Debbie