Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New here...

jenniferW
July 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone. I just joined in hopes of getting some advice or finding somebody in a similar situation as myself. First off, I have a Dalmatian, Betty, who is 14 years old. At her advanced age, she seems to enjoy the little things in life anymore. She loves being brushed, eating table scraps, and getting in the pool to cool off. Roxy is our 9 year old Dachshund. In December, she was diagnosed with a nasal tumor. The outlook is grim and it breaks my heart. We have 2 cats and an African Grey parrot named Sophie. Sophie likes to mimic and sing and laugh. She's a lot of fun. Looking forward to reading some of the posts on here.

Rgeurts
July 8th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Welcome Jennifer! I'm very sorry to hear about your baby :(
There are alot of very kind people here and I'm sure more than one who has gone through something similar. I hope everything turns ok! :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
July 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome JenniferW. Your furbabies (and featherbaby) all sound delightful. I know what you are dealing with with your older doggy, and sadly with your younger pup with the tumor. Hopefully both will find the strength with your help to carry on for a while longer. So long as they are still enjoying life we can share the time with them. I have two dogs about the same age as your two so I know just what your thoughts are! You'll find lots of helpful advice on these pages if you dig it out. I hope we'll get to see pics of your babies soon! We never get enough pet pics.

cpietra16
July 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the forum JenniferW. I am sorry to hear about Roxy:(. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your furbabies...hint hint hint

Dee-O-Gee
July 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Sounds like you have a wholesome fur family jenniferW. :)

So sorry to hear of Roxy's conditions and hope things will improve for her. :pray:

We all would love to see pictures of your gang and welcome to the board JenniferW. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Welcome, jenniferW! Pictures would be nice :D

So sorry to hear about Roxy :grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
July 9th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see pics of your furbabies. And your Sophie. :)

So sorry to hear about Roxy's illness. :(