Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello!

Jakes-mom
July 7th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hello.....

I'm a newbie here. I have previously been apart of a GSD forum, but sadly over the past year we lost our 2 GSD's :cry:......

We have a recent new addition to our family, his name is Jake and he is a 8 week old mutt baby (best guess is he is a ****zu/min pin and/or something mix...mom was the ****zu type & apparently was friendly with a min pin).

We had decided that when we were ready we would be getting something smaller so that our kids could be more involved in the care and such (not much opportunity with a 90lbs Shepherd, he was my baby!) Anyways, I wasn't wanting to rush having never owned a small breed dog I wanted to find the right breed, breeder, etc.....but fate (and/or actually my sister) decided to intervene!

We went on holidays to visit my family & there was this little pup waiting. Apparently he was born to an oops litter (ie..irresponsible owner who never had mom fixed) & the guy who owned the mom was a transient guy who was just trying to offload the pups as quickly as possible by giving them away.....my sister took him knowing darn well we wouldn't turn him away (her friend took the one other pup & they did give him some money suggesting he spay the mama with it).

We also have two crazy cats at home, so basically 3 furbabies & 3 of the two legged variety!

Nell

luckypenny
July 7th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ok, so being familiar with forums.....how could you forget to post pictures :yell:???

Welcome to pets.ca, Jakes-mom :D.

Jakes-mom
July 7th, 2010, 11:20 PM
LOL...no pics yet as we are still on holidays & they're all on my camera until I get home!! I will post as soon as we get back as Jake is such a little cutie!!

luckypenny
July 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I will post as soon as we get back as Jake is such a little cutie!!

I bet :lovestruck:. Don't forget pics of the kitties too :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
July 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the board, Jakes-mom! You get a reprieve until you get back from vacation and then we need lots of pics. :D

Dee-O-Gee
July 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Welcome to our forum Jakes-mom.

Plenty of pets and friendly forum humans too. :thumbs up

Hurry back from holidays so we can see some pictures of the little mutt baby and two crazy katz! :D

Tundra_Queen
July 9th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum! Eagerly waiting for pics. :D