Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster and the Stupid Humans

BusterBoo
July 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Well....Buster finally met the "stupid human's" wife and it went well. I went for a walk last night (alone) and met up with the lady of the house. We chatted and I explained that it was a shame that her little boy didn't know how to meet dogs as one day he might ask for his own puppy and it would be nice if he was aware of rights and wrongs. Mrs Human agreed and admitted that Mr Human sometimes over-reacted (as men do....according to her).

So tonight, Buster and I took a short walk (it's a freakin' 40 degrees with the humidity) and when we got to Mr. Human's house, his wife was outside with little boy. It was quite cute because apparently she had told little boy to behave if he wanted to meet Butter (little boy couldn't say Buster :laughing:)

Little boy actually did a very nice ...SIT, STAY for his mommy and I approached with Buster (aka Butter). Buster was quite calm, probably because of the heat, so it went well. I stayed about 3 minutes, just long enough for little boy to meet dog. I did tell the lady I would stop by again if little boy would behave. She seemed agreeable to that and she will talk to Mr. Human and try and get him to relax a bit.

So, it's taken a couple of weeks, but I think I can walk Buster on his regular route and hopefully little boy and Butter will learn to respect each other. Mrs Human really liked Butter, said he seemed well behave (he actually did a sit, down when i told him)

:D I know my last post was thread jacked and Carnac decided to shut it down..but I just wanted to post an update. No need for a big debate on this thread :)

Frenchy
July 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Yea for you and Buster ! :thumbs up I'm glad wifey was more ... receptable :D

luckypenny
July 6th, 2010, 08:33 PM
"Butter" :laughing:, I love it :cloud9:.

Fantastic meeting with little boy and Mom :thumbs up. I see she has more experience with child-training :D.

BusterBoo
July 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Yup...she is a calmer person, someone who listens before reacting. I will try again with little boy (God, I need to get their names :rolleyes: )

It will take a while as I am off to Nova Scotia next week to visit daughter, grandkids, and 3 dogs! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
July 6th, 2010, 08:37 PM
It will take a while as I am off to Nova Scotia next week to visit daughter, grandkids, and 3 dogs! :lovestruck:

sounds like a wonderful trip ! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
July 6th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Awesome!! Don't forget the camera :yell: :D.

Jim Hall
July 6th, 2010, 09:14 PM
good work :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
July 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Great news BB! :thumbs up

I can hear the little boy trying to say Buster (But-ter!) Too cute. :)

Tundra_Queen
July 6th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I am so glad the wife listened to you and made her little boy behave! That is so great that Buster and the little one had a nice visit!! :thumbs up

And have a nice time with your family! :)

14+kitties
July 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
:highfive: Great job!!!! Everyone is doing really well!! I am so proud of "Butter" and you! :grouphug:
Enjoy your trip!!!

Goldfields
July 6th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Good result, BusterBoo. Hope Mrs gives him the rounds of the kitchen for being a twit. She'd have to be thinking it funny that he thought Buster was vicious. LOL.

Love4himies
July 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Wahoo, I am so glad. Children should really get the great opportunity to be at least friends with the neighbourhood dogs, if they can't have on themselves.

Melinda
July 7th, 2010, 06:55 AM
way to go, smart human prevails!

joeysmama
July 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
It's so nice when people are willing to be teachable like that !:thumbs up

I had taken Cooper with me to the gym (not for a workout..I was dropping something off) and a little boy and girl were coming out of the babysitting area and the little guy asked me SO POLITELY if he could please pet the dog. I was very impressed as this was a very young child. I praised him up and down and thanked the mom too.

hazelrunpack
July 7th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yay for the woman having some common sense!!! :thumbs up There's hope for the child, yet! :D

SushiMutt
July 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Good! =3 It's nice to hear that the boy is learning how to interact with dogs properly...Too many times do children come up to dogs and tug their tails, pull their fur too hard..ect.

People should educate their children about dogs to avoid accidents; weither they own a dog or not. :P

:highfive:

mastifflover
July 8th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Of course the woman was calmer and I am glad it went well. Butter may have a new friend and you educated someone. That is big. Have a great holiday

Sew-sew-steve
July 9th, 2010, 04:59 AM
good to hear you and buster overcame the hardships you were faced with.

maybe if you got to know them better, you could walk the kid with you. but i think thats a tad too early.

anyhow, good to hear things are going swell.

keep up the kindness and patience, it'll prove worthy one day!