Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's a bad day in E-Town

Etown_Chick
July 5th, 2010, 11:46 PM
A buddy of mine, who's studying to be a dog trainer, volunteers with the humane society. She took a gorgeous Staffie home to foster, as they were full of the pit-type breeds.
This was an absolutely beautiful dog, about 9 months old. Well behaved, playful, perfect dog.....and an owner surrender.
My friend ended up adopting him after learning he was due to be euthanized. Why? Too many pitbulls and staffies and no one to adopt them.
I'd love a Staffie but I won't adopt one as long as the draconian city bylaws making owning a bully breed so difficult.
No wonder owners give them up and no one adopts them.
I really feel for people living in provinces that have banned them..sigh
Dang humans.
ps: Scruffy thinks the Staffie is a boxer so he tries to eat him. The Staffie seems to think it's funny! I love a good-humored dog

lilsis261279
July 6th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I do find it sad that some people will classify (more like judge) an entire breed as dangerous for some bad apples .... even the most gentle dogs or any animal for that matter can have bad days. Most dogs are victims of their keepers upbringing so they dont know any better. We shouldnt punish the poor animal but punish the one that does this to them. Very sad :mad: