Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

From an earlier thread

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
[/QUOTE]LMPG, You wrote earlier that

I always hope that when someone sees me walking 2 Pits somtimes 3, and my Rottie, all by myself and how well behaved and under control they are, that perhaps it will rub off on someone that perhaps otherwise doesn't work with their dogs as much as they should...

I don't think I would get the impression that your dogs were well behaved if I saw them wearing those collars you use(or had on them in the thread about taking them to the river). Are they prong or pinch collars? I have , I will admit, never seen them before in my life, but they look really wicked. This is all I ever showed my dog in. (and this is a dog aggressive breed.)
I can understand you worrying about your baby, but can't understand a kid running up to dogs with those sorts of collars attached. Makes them look formidable. I know you'll say they're great for control but really well behaved dogs don't need them, do they?[QUOTE]

I would like to address you on your post to me in BusterBoo's thread.
Firstly, I take extreme offence to your snideness. Yes I use prong collars, in my experience they are much more humane than choke collars.
As for your comment "But really well behaved dogs don't need them, do they?"
My dogs are well behaved and very well trained, and I take offence to you suggesting otherwise. I have extensive experience using the pinch/prong collar, when used properly they are a fantastic training tool, and my dogs are still being trained, doesn't mean they aren't well behaved and well trained and yes even very much controlled. We use the prongs whenever we go somewhere that we may encounter other dogs. Your breed may be aggressive, but nobody is calling for the complete genocide to your breed, like they are mine. The prong collar FOR ME, is a great tool when socializing.
You may not like the look of it, you can call it wicked, I have seen the damage choke collars can do, I have seen a dog die because of a choke collar and that is when I stopped using them myself. However, I would never ever have the gall to judge anyone else by the way they train their dogs, or the equipment they use, what works for some may not work for others. Unless it's blatantly abusive, and I witness it.
Basically you just did what most of society does, you judged my dogs by their looks and nothing else. If that makes you feel superior by all means have at it, but don't expect a friendly response from me by doing so.
What you can't see in the pic is that they are clipped in a manner that won't cause them to tighten when in the water, so no accidents can happen. But yeah thanks for the judgement, truly not appreciated.:frustrated:

Btw, all the professionals I have worked with and all of the reputable obiedience/trainers I have been associated with recommend and use prongs over chokes as well!

aslan
July 2nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
LMPG,,,,:2huggers:

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM
LMPG,,,,:2huggers:

right back at ya gf, thank you:)

mastifflover
July 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
I personally would approach your group of happy tails. Breed or collars would not make me think of dogs a vicious their demeanor is what would say keep walking. I don't think you deserved those comments You have proven yourself to be a responsible and caring owner who would never endanger your dogs or others. :pawprint::D

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
I personally would approach your group of happy tails. Breed or collars would not make me think of dogs a vicious their demeanor is what would say keep walking. I don't think you deserved those comments You have proven yourself to be a responsible and caring owner who would never endanger your dogs or others. :pawprint::D

Thank you so much for saying so mastifflover, I truly appreciate that. I have worked tirelessly, and have dedicated my life to my dogs, and Pitbull rescue.
I must admit, I am quite offended and somewhat hurt by the comments made by Goldfields, I certainly didn't think such comments were justified by someone who doesn't know me and obviously judges by appearance instead of behavior.

aslan
July 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
I certainly didn't think such comments were justified by someone who doesn't know me and obviously judges by appearance instead of behavior.

Isn't that exactly what is happening in my province now,,:(

mastifflover
July 2nd, 2010, 04:44 PM
I know it really bugged me that is why I had to say something. I used to get that kind of attitude with Bud just because of his size and colour (brindle) for some reason brindle dogs are vicious. Ha, Ha. Meanwhile he was the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of owning. He would not hurt a flea. I think you were being unfairly judged.

Clark send his love to Grace kisses and more kisses

aslan
July 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
I know it really bugged me that is why I had to say something. I used to get that kind of attitude with Bud just because of his size and colour (brindle) for some reason brindle dogs are vicious. Ha, Ha. Meanwhile he was the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of owning. He would not hurt a flea. I think you were being unfairly judged.

lol,,she is napping right now but i will pass them on when she awakes,,or i'll tell her,,not sure she'll like me licking her face.:D

mastifflover
July 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
lol,,she is napping right now but i will pass them on when she awakes,,or i'll tell her,,not sure she'll like me licking her face

She may

Other than me, Grace is the only person he reacts to like that she is special

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM

We had a brindle AM Staff, named Rambo....( ohhh I can just imagine what someone might be thinking about that ..lmao), he was amazing, truly stunning dog, so intellegent.
It broke our hearts when we had to rehome him. Something we've never had to do with one of our dogs before but that was when we had our youngest son whom spent the first several months of his life in the hospital. We couldn't give Rambo what he needed at that time, especially not knowing if our son was going to live or die. We found him an amazing home, he was treated like a king and lived out the remainder of his life happy and content and we had visitation with him whenever we wanted which was very generous of his new family.
But yeah ppl were terrified of him cuz he was a dark brindle. Seems brindles and black Pits are feared the most by their looks........(regardless of what kind of collar they are wearing:laughing:

aslan
July 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
yes she is,,and we have pics of clarke the nasty evil bulldog attacking her face with his ferocious tongue.:laughing:

marko
July 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
This really should have been a PM as it seems to be an issue between two members. I have edited the thread title.

Let's keep this civil please. Thx - marko

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM
This really should have been a PM as it seems to be an issue between two members. I have edited the thread title.

Let's keep this civil please. Thx - marko

Marko, I am trying very hard to keep it civil, however surely you can understand that being attacked in public forum is somewhat insulting, and I felt a public rebuttal was warranted.
I have never "attacked" anyone on here because of the way their dogs look, and given what's happening to my choice of breed, surely my upset is valid.
Thank you for renaming the thread, your's is more appropriate.

marko
July 2nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know what thread you are referring to (Please do not post it here), but had you Pmed me I would have taken a look. Public rebuttals are not cool, they should be taken to PM to the individual member. If any member has a problem with another member - that's what the ignore list is for.

Thx - marko

Luvmypitgirls
July 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Fine. No problem.
Marko, I apologize for making a public rebuttal arguement to the attack against me in another thread. I was defending my choice of training equipment and stating that said persons comments were rather insulting, I'm sorry I didn't think there was anything wrong with that, but I will try to see it from your point of view, but I would like some clarification that public attacks are not cool either.

marko
July 2nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks LMPG!

Public attacks are never cool....any member can send us post numbers of any thread and we always look. Just because any post is live does not mean it has admin's or the mod's stamp of approval. It just means that so far nobody has reported it.

When somebody does report a post (please report posts for precision not entire threads) then we always act. Sometimes we feel the post is too rude sometimes not. Different people are offended by different things. There's a lot of shades of grey, many posts are borderline, we do the best we can. I like to give members leeway. Normally when the post IS too rude, we get multiple complaints.

We/I are prepared to look at any post in any thread. Please send us links to specific posts in question as opposed to check out member x's comment in the Y thread (that might now have 100 posts). That really helps us, it makes our helping the members easier as well.

I often seem to get involved when the fire is alight, I prefer to get involved (by seeing reported posts/pms) when someone smells smoke.

Thanks for listening. We rarely talk about board stuff in an open forum.

I think this thread may have run its course so I'm closing it now. LMPG, if you want me to re-open it I will and please feel free PM me if you have questions about anything.

Thx - Marko