Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kijiji.. Urgent 9 breeders unwanted

HelenNutmeg
July 2nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-breeder-downsizing-make-me-a-offer-W0QQAdIdZ215035912

Melinda
July 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
that is just so so sad, not housetrained so you know they have lived their lives in cages....

mastifflover
July 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Why don't they just say what they are byb. How sad for these poor dogs. But if they are lucky they will end up in a loving home

Shaykeija
July 3rd, 2010, 12:21 AM
We can only hope these babies wind up in a loving home and not anothe piece of crap BYB. These look like older dogs and may have some serous health issues. Make me an offer my @ss..

Frenchy
July 3rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
ah crap , this is in my area :wall: I just sent an e-mail pleading with the "sellers" to be careful so these dogs don't end up in puppy mills. I don't think I will make a difference though. :(

Golden Girls
July 3rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-breeder-downsizing-make-me-a-offer-W0QQAdIdZ215035912I'm sorry I called but sometimes you can rescue them before their sold, but like most of these ads it's about the $ ...

She's 64 dh 67 their quite tired and having to clean dog stalls out back is exhausting *puke*

Frenchy
July 3rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
ah crap , this is in my area :wall: I just sent an e-mail pleading with the "sellers" to be careful so these dogs don't end up in puppy mills. I don't think I will make a difference though. :(

their reply to me was : " we care about them and will make sure to place them in good homes. "

hope it's true. but even so , they'll be bred that's for sure. :wall:

Melinda
July 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=Golden Girls;933830] I'm sorry I called but sometimes you can rescue them before their sold, but like most of these ads it's about the $ ...

She's 64 dh 67 their quite tired and having to clean dog stalls out back is exhausting *puke*

QUOTE]

any more word GG? why did I just know you'd try to find out for us....way to go

Golden Girls
July 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM
any more word GG?No point Melinda, her only concern is $. I don't go on those sites it's depressing knowing you can't help these animals - too many byb's/puppy mills and legal to sell them in this manner.

Golden Girls
July 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Ads been removed, poor puppies *sad*

Rgeurts
July 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
This ad was posted 45 mins ago. I did respond (politely) advising of the downside and danger to offering for free, especially since neither cat is fixed, but did not get a response. I would take them and find a home, but neither of my dogs are social with kitties :(

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-female-cats-1-yr-old-to-good-home-free-come-get-them-W0QQAdIdZ215814476

Golden Girls
July 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This ad was posted 45 mins ago. I did respond (politely) advising of the downside and danger to offering for free, especially since neither cat is fixed, but did not get a response. I would take them and find a home, but neither of my dogs are social with kitties :(

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-female-cats-1-yr-old-to-good-home-free-come-get-them-W0QQAdIdZ215814476The ad now says there's a $20 fee, maybe she took your advice :highfive:

Melinda
July 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM
way to go people:thumbs up

Rgeurts
July 6th, 2010, 03:41 PM
The ad now says there's a $20 fee, maybe she took your advice :highfive:

Well, I guess $20 is better than nothing lol. I did let her know to contact a rescue organization in the area (there are many) if she can't find a suitable home. Hopefully she will carefully screen anyone with interest.

Golden Girls
July 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Well, I guess $20 is better than nothing lol. I did let her know to contact a rescue organization in the area (there are many) if she can't find a suitable home. Hopefully she will carefully screen anyone with interest.Hate to be a pooper :( but animals are sold for $5 to labs or are abused/neglected so no these type of people who are looking for free animals won't pay the $20. As you said hopefully she'll screen a little better as well, good stuff :)

Rgeurts
July 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM
animals are sold for $5 to labs or are abused/neglected so no these type of people who are looking for free animals won't pay the $20.

Ah, that's good to know :D! I thought they got a bit more than that.