Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Huge THANK YOU to MY HEROES From Today!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Mommy Naddy (Nadine) just wanted to personally say - THANK YOU!
Just to show you the little sweetie is eating - LOTS!!!

THANK YOU cpietra, L4H, Chris, aslan, and chico!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
And of course your driver Chris.
I promise I will look after this precious family to the best of my ability. Thank you all!!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM
The kitties viewing their new scenes through their door.
And playing.. :cloud9:
And eating - which they do very very well. :thumbs up

cpietra16
June 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
14+ , they look good. So mom's new name is Naddy? Cute. She's only been talked to in french by the way, :Dbut I'm sure she will get use to the english...besides as long as she has the love she'll understand....thank you.

aslan
June 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
aaaaw they look so happy,,,just know their going to have a field day with grass underfoot...love momma's new name,,,you kept your word to Frenchy:thumbs up

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 06:34 PM
14+ , they look good. So mom's new name is Naddy? Cute. She's only been talked to in french by the way, :Dbut I'm sure she will get use to the english...besides as long as she has the love she'll understand....thank you.

I promised Frenchy the next female kitty would share her name. I think Naddy suits her pretty well. She's awfully skinny. Poor sweetie. I'm sure she will get used to English. Duece did very very well. :thumbs up I've already got some cuddles in with her. :cloud9:

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
you kept your word to Frenchy:thumbs up

I always try to keep my word. :thumbs up And like I said, I think Naddy suits her.
I will do more pics later. Right now I am going to go see if they've settled. I took tons of pics. Lots to show.

cpietra16
June 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I think it suits her just fine. She is skinny. Vet here said it was because she was nursing 6 little hungry babies. I hope that as soon as she is weaned, she will gain the weight, which I am sure she will

Love4himies
June 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I promised Frenchy the next female kitty would share her name. I think Naddy suits her pretty well. She's awfully skinny. Poor sweetie. I'm sure she will get used to English. Duece did very very well. :thumbs up I've already got some cuddles in with her. :cloud9:

She is like Sweet Pea who was nursing 7 kittens when I got her. Sweet Pea didn't gain her weight until she was spayed and all the kittens were weaned. And look at Sweet Pea now :eek::eek::eek:

Those pics bring tears to my eyes, 14+, I can tell they just love their new "digs" :grouphug:, HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU!!!! :grouphug: I love you, girl :grouphug:

aslan
June 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM
good point Love4,,,THANK YOU 14+,,,if it wasn't for you there wouldnt have been a need for any of us today...i'm sure the little ones and mamma will thank you a thousand times over.

cpietra16
June 30th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Just passing on a note from the lady who saved Naddy (formally known as Meow Meow)...she wants to thank you all for helping Naddy and her babies. She knew they had to get out of the factory...but she never thought they woul dend up in their little heaven....thank you

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Gee thanks. :o It has been a very very busy few days getting ready for these little bundles. They are all very very sweet. A few of them like to tuck their heads under your chin. :cloud9: And Naddy - I agree. Once she's fixed the weight will come. She's a very precious girl. I just hope she doesn't think she's been dumped again. But then I've been over there so much since they got here I don't know how she would think that! :o
I am going to resize some pics and get them up either tonight or tomorrow. More kitty pics and their home before it was invaded. I'm thinking it's too small though. May have to get hubby to add a few feet to the end. :rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:

cpietra16
June 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM
14+, you and your husband did so much already...I'm glad you are getting a lot of loving from the gang...who knows I may have to make my way your way this summer, just to give you a personal thank-you
I would love to know how they spend their first night under the stars, so to speak. They've been indoor since I got them and have never slept outside...:)

Winston
June 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
What an awesome adventure! Glad everyone is safe and sound! They look so freakin cute! Momma is so pretty!

Cpietra16 I wondered that too! it has to be an adjustment! Lots to smell and see! I am sure they will all snuggle up to sleep ang keep warm on the cool nights..:thumbs up

All I can say is you all are awesome!!! Sorry I couldnt help out on the this journey!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
OH CRAP!!!! I just went through that bag of stuff you gals sent with the kittiesa little more thouroughly! I didn't earlier 'cause I wanted to get their house ready and I thought I had the same L-lysine that you sent L4. I have the powder stuff. Anyway, thank you so much for the toys, food and gift certificate!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry I didn't say it before. :o Blame it on all the excitement and sun I got today. :o
If I haven't said it before - I love you all!!!! And Thank you !!!!!!!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM
14+, you and your husband did so much already...I'm glad you are getting a lot of loving from the gang...who knows I may have to make my way your way this summer, just to give you a personal thank-you
I would love to know how they spend their first night under the stars, so to speak. They've been indoor since I got them and have never slept outside...:)

:thumbs up That would be wonderful!! I made two separate houses for these guys. You will see them when I post the pics later on. One is for eating/sleeping. One has their litter boxes. They have holes so they can go back and forth. I have tons of blankets in for the kitties to curl up in/on and I put the cover on the openings just like I do for the rest of the kitties. They sure seemed to be having fun looking around the times I checked on them. Hopefully they will settle soon. I don't see much movement over there now.

What an awesome adventure! Glad everyone is safe and sound! They look so freakin cute! Momma is so pretty!

Cpietra16 I wondered that too! it has to be an adjustment! Lots to smell and see! I am sure they will all snuggle up to sleep ang keep warm on the cool nights..:thumbs up

All I can say is you all are awesome!!! Sorry I couldnt help out on the this journey!

Next time Winston. LOL No!! I can't do a next time till these ones are adopted! My house overfloweth with love. :cloud9:

krdahmer
June 30th, 2010, 11:20 PM
:lovestruck::cloud9::grouphug::goodvibes:

You guys are THE BEST!!!!!

They look all settled in, and lovin all those toys and food!

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 11:22 PM
:lovestruck::cloud9::grouphug::goodvibes:

You guys are THE BEST!!!!!

They look all settled in, and lovin all those toys and food!

You gotta come back out and see for yourself!! And get some cuddles. :cloud9:

krdahmer
June 30th, 2010, 11:24 PM
oh yes that can be arranged!!! kitten snuggles....who says no to kitten snuggles??!?!? :laughing:

14+kitties
June 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
oh yes that can be arranged!!! kitten snuggles....who says no to kitten snuggles??!?!? :laughing:

LOL We'll have to figure out a day next week. I have tomorrow off of course then work for four or five straight. We'll work it out. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
July 1st, 2010, 12:30 AM
More pics! :cloud9: The kittens are so fascinated by everything! Is Naddy settling in pretty well, too? :goodvibes:

Frenchy
July 1st, 2010, 01:52 AM
Mommy Naddy (Nadine) just wanted to personally say - THANK YOU!

omg :crazy: this is so nice of you :cry: this has been such a great story to follow , and now momma's name :o :cry:

thanks to all of you ! Cpietra first saved their lives , then many angels hold hands to get them to the cat Hilton .... :thumbs up

I couldn't wait to get an update .... it's late now but I had to check my e-mails as my own foster cats left today for their forever family ... and I'm waiting for an update from their new mom. Reading this thread ... warms my heart :cloud9:

good job everyone ! :highfive:

BenMax
July 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hats off to everyone!!! You gals are the bestest of the bestest and all of you are my personal HEROS. Love you all!!!!:grouphug:

cpietra16
July 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Nadine, without any insults, and please I really don;t want this to come out as anything that's sounds nasty or mean.....the more I think about Mom's new name the more she reminds me of you. please let me explain,

I met you once; you have an warm soul and a soul that just seems to act like a magnet. Nadine the feline seems to have a similar affect. Her eyes are so pure with love and motherly love that it was hard not to fall for her little "Meows" and there were so many.:rolleyes: enough of that mush....everyone, have a great Canada Day!

cpietra16
July 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
14+ how was there first official "sleep under the stars" night?:D

chico2
July 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
cpietra.It's very easy to get mushy and teary-eyed,thinking of what might have happened to Naddy if you did not step in.

Now with some effort from so many,they are all safe and sound with our ultimate kitty-saviour 14+..:grouphug:

It feels really good seeing them looking out in wonder at the green grass,the blue sky and sun-shine:lovestruck:
Thank you everyone and a big:grouphug:to 14+(I forgot a hug yesterday:()

ancientgirl
July 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
You are all heros! Mommy cat and her babies look wonderful!

14+kitties
July 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM
More pics! :cloud9: The kittens are so fascinated by everything! Is Naddy settling in pretty well, too? :goodvibes:

Naddy is doing well. She is very curious about her new surroundings and watching everything closely. Their house is the last one in line so by the time I got there this morning with food they were all lined up waiting. :cloud9::D

omg :crazy: this is so nice of you :cry: this has been such a great story to follow , and now momma's name :o :cry:

thanks to all of you ! Cpietra first saved their lives , then many angels hold hands to get them to the cat Hilton .... :thumbs up

I couldn't wait to get an update .... it's late now but I had to check my e-mails as my own foster cats left today for their forever family ... and I'm waiting for an update from their new mom. Reading this thread ... warms my heart :cloud9:

good job everyone ! :highfive:

:grouphug: Glad you approve Frenchy! I had made up my mind when I knew she was coming and remembered what she looked like that she would fit the name very well. (skinny little french chick) lol Seriously, I think it suits her to a tee. :thumbs up
Love the many angels holding hands. So true. I could not have had them here without lots of help along the way. :grouphug: to you all again!!
Great news on your fosters going (together?) to their new home!!!!!!!! :highfive: Great job mf!!!! You and the many on here who word tirelessly every single day to find new homes, foster, etc. just amaze me!!!! :grouphug:

Nadine, without any insults, and please I really don;t want this to come out as anything that's sounds nasty or mean.....the more I think about Mom's new name the more she reminds me of you. please let me explain,

I met you once; you have an warm soul and a soul that just seems to act like a magnet. Nadine the feline seems to have a similar affect. Her eyes are so pure with love and motherly love that it was hard not to fall for her little "Meows" and there were so many.:rolleyes: enough of that mush....everyone, have a great Canada Day!

Good explanation cpietra!! Couldn't agree more!!!
The family's story continues in the photog section. :)

Frenchy
July 1st, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cpietra , you're going to make me cry ! :2huggers:

I can say the same thing about you and many other members from this board ! :grouphug:

mastifflover
July 2nd, 2010, 09:15 AM
You are so right we have some very special people on this board or should I say our little community

Frenchy
July 2nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Great news on your fosters going (together?) to their new home!!!!!!!! :highfive:

sorry about the off topic but yes , they were adopted out together by a friend of the rescue !! :crazy: I met her and her 2 old labs (angel dogs omg ... :cloud9:) I am on stand by , if it doesn't work out , I'm taking back the fosters. But no news is good news :goodvibes:

we'll wait until she's sure that it's working out , then I'm getting other fosters. :cat: There's 2-3 waiting for foster homes right now. I'm hoping to get all of them. :cat: :goodvibes: this has been very different than fostering dogs , not the same but as much fun. :crazy:

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
sorry about the off topic but yes , they were adopted out together by a friend of the rescue !! :crazy: I met her and her 2 old labs (angel dogs omg ... :cloud9:) I am on stand by , if it doesn't work out , I'm taking back the fosters. But no news is good news :goodvibes:

we'll wait until she's sure that it's working out , then I'm getting other fosters. :cat: There's 2-3 waiting for foster homes right now. I'm hoping to get all of them. :cat: :goodvibes: this has been very different than fostering dogs , not the same but as much fun. :crazy:

Wonderful wonderful news!! Frenchy - you ROCK!!! :highfive: And you are right. They are not the same as dogs but they sure are just as much fun! :cloud9:

Naddy and kits have settled in so well. Naddy seems to be enjoying her space. She either lies on the top shelf or on top of one of the houses and stretches right out. The only time I have seen her in the houses is to eat, sleep (at night) and poop. The rest she's out relaxing. I know the babies are still nursing. Her nipples are well used. :rolleyes: I'm not rushing weaning. When the time is right she will stop. Then I will make her appt to be fixed.

The kittens are developing their personalities. MiniMoo is going to be such a hoot for aslan and Grace. He is a character for sure. Usually the first to come running when I come in. The first to go exploring (although the others aren't far behind) and the first to eat too.
The one twin with more marking on her I have been tempted to name Growler. When you pick her up when she's in the middle of playing she lets you know her displeasure by emitting these tiny little growls. It is adorable! The little black one is pretty quiet. He plays a lot but also spends a lot of time sleeping. I am keeping a close eye on him. Their eyes are clearing up very very well. They are still getting their L-lysine mixed in with their food and will continue to get it.
K - that's the update. Pics to come later on...... if I find some time. Working tonight and I need to do a shopping before then for kitty food. :D

michmonster
July 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone!

I finally registered!!! I hope this works as I've never been on forums, so I'm learning!!! I just want to thank everyone for all their help and effort in getting Meow Meow (Nadine) and her family to their new home.

You are probably wondering who I am!!! Well, I'm the one who contacted cpietra16 when I found out that she was pregnant. I only found out last fall that the night shift had a visitor that spent the night with them in the factory every day. Apparently, she wondered in about 1 1/2 ago. They fed her and brought her a cushion to sleep on. When I asked the question in fall weather she was fixed, they all said that they thought she was! I should have followed my gut feeling and have her checked!!! When I found out she was pregnant, I went to see her to see how big she was. Well, she was big!!! I guess it was 2 weeks before she gave birth. From then on, I fed her the best food possible because I knew she would need it as the factory is closed on weekends so from the Saturday a.m. to the Monday p.m. she would have to find food elsewhere. For 4 weeks we tried to find out where she was keeping the little ones but no success. After 4 weeks, she brought them in the factory 1 by one. So the next morning, I called cpietra16 and you know the rest!!! I would have taken her to our home but my husband would not have approved because 9 years ago, Shadow wondered in the basement of our office and of course ended up at our house, despite my husband's disapproval!!! But when Shadow was going in to get spayed, I got a call from the vet telling me that she was pregnant!!! 7 kittens later!!!! We kept 2 kittens from the litter but one got hit by a car. The other one is Spazz, the one that suffers from cerebral hyperplasia. She is quite the cat. She cannot see and cannot stand. She has quite a temperament. She growls until you pick her up, then she starts purring and gives you a tongue bath!!! I guess I should stop now cause I could go on, and on, and on!!!:thankyou:

aslan
July 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
michmonster,,,welcome to the forum and a huuuuuuuge thank you for helping Naddy and her family out,,,she will soon be bilingual and couldn't be in a better place with the babies than she is right now. I have been to 14+'s in person and they are definately being well loved and cared for..

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Welcome michmonster!!! Just wanted to thank you for your help in rescuing Naddy and her babes. She is an absolute doll! I love her already. I don't think she has a mean bone in her. :cloud9: Amazing considering she hadn't had much of a life before you came along. :thumbs up:grouphug:

cpietra16
July 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
hey michmonster....glad you figured out how to get on...don't be shy about your knowledge of raw, and homeopathic meds for all animals...ps..I bet the everyone would love to see your peanut too...:D

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi michmonster! I had the honor of keeping these little sweet hearts over night and I just fell in love with them. Kinda makes me jealous that 14+ has them :o.

Would love to hear about your raw recipes :lovestruck:, I make my own and always welcome new recipes and advice :thumbs up.

Oh and yes, pics, pics and more pics please.

Love4himies
July 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
I forgot to say thank you for helping out Naddy :grouphug:

Frenchy
July 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Welcome to pets.ca michmonster !

I am on stand by , if it doesn't work out , I'm taking back the fosters. But no news is good news :goodvibes:

I jinxed it again .... my fosters are coming back. :(

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Oh no! Is it the dogs? But it can't be because you have 4 that are perfect with kitties. :(
The right home will come soon hon. :grouphug: Hang in there.

Chris21711
July 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I jinxed it again .... my fosters are coming back. :(

RATS............WHY..........:yell:

Frenchy
July 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
No , everything is perfect , but the lady has older dogs that requires help (one has cancer , the other needs help with stairs etc...) and now she can see that she can't give the girls the attention they deserve. Which I completely understand.

She did say that the girls were doing amazing so that tells me that they will do great where ever. :)

14+kitties
July 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
See. Nothing you did wrong. Just not the right fit for right now. I am sure they will find the perfect one soon. :thumbs up:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
July 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the board, michmonster! :D

Are you at all surprised that the new family is settling in so fast, 14+? :cloud9: Sounds like things are going beautifully!!!

chico2
July 2nd, 2010, 05:35 PM
michmonster,a huge Thank You for caring for Naddy and her brood initially:grouphug:

I had the pleasure of driving the last leg to 14+,only about 40min from my house.
At first I think Naddy was a little travel-weary,but she soon recouped,the babies are adorable and they'll all have a wonderful time at 14+.

If she only knew how many people care about her and her babies,everyone was wonderful,but I really did not expect anything less from all these girls.:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
July 3rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hi michmonster.. welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much for looking after Naddy and her babies!! :grouphug:

Frenchy I'm sorry the placement didn't work out for the kitties, the right one will come along.

14+kitties
July 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Are you at all surprised that the new family is settling in so fast, 14+? :cloud9: Sounds like things are going beautifully!!!

Nope. In my experience most cats settle pretty quickly. Naddy is such an angel. She is a very forgiving kitty. I said earlier that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She is already weaving her way around my legs when I am in their home looking for affection. And she is weaving her way into my heart too. Considering the life she has had she is amazing. :cloud9: Once she gets spayed and doesn't have to worry about going into heat any more she is going to be an absolute dream kitty.
The kittens are so sweet and silly. The twins have such attitude! It's funny to hear the tiny little growls coming from them when they are busy playing and I interrupt them. MiniMoo is still the little instigator of course. Tipster ( the black kitty) is Mr Sleepyhead but when he is awake he is as busy as the others. The little tabby girl - she's gonna be a knockout when she grows up. She is so beautiful!! And MiniMoo's twin is quite the character as well.
They have all mastered climbing up to the top of their houses. Love to spend time jumping out at each other from the side of the litter house. They also like to just sit quietly and watch the bigger kitties playing and running past their house.
Duece has been trying to introduce himself. I keep telling him hissing and growling is not the proper way to welcome new friends to the neighbourhood. I bet in another week he will be hanging as close to their door as he can hoping to sneak in while I am feeding them.
The rest of the kitties take their turns stopping long enough to watch the kitty antics, and continuing on to their important duties - sleeping under the trees and eating - lots!!

hazelrunpack
July 3rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
:laughing: Silly Deuce!!! :D

Must be cute to see the catuary cats watching the newcomers! Entertainment for them--better than TV :thumbs up