Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggie Strollers

joeysmama
June 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I've wanted a doggie stroller for a long time and now it's summer again and I'm determined to let the pups in on ALL the fun. I want to have a stroller because there have been times we've gone to places where there's too much of a crowd, street fairs in NY for example. It would be fun to have them with us but I don't want them walking on cigarette butts or spit. There's are concerts in the park coming up and it would be a lot easier getting fromt he parking garage to the park with a stroller than trying to walk them there. (Okay I have to confess that they aren't the best behaved pups and they think that humans were put here to admire them and it's their civic duty to greet every single human they see!)

So I'm shopping and I don't care how many people make fun of me...people in my 3D life. I know that no one here thinks this is anything but good parenting.:thumbs up

Any recommendations? I can't afford to break the bank but it needs to hold both doggies comfortably (shih tzus.. a big guy and a little girl) and I want it to look like it's made for dogs and not babies.....I'm not in the mood to field ugly baby jokes !

ancientgirl
June 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
So I'm shopping and I don't care how many people make fun of me...people in my 3D life. I know that no one here thinks this is anything but good parenting.:thumbs up

Any recommendations? I can't afford to break the bank but it needs to hold both doggies comfortably (shih tzus.. a big guy and a little girl) and I want it to look like it's made for dogs and not babies.....I'm not in the mood to field ugly baby jokes !

I've got one that I really love. I bought it on Ebay, so you might want to check them out. I paid about $50 or $60 for mine and the shipping was free. They have a lot of different sizes and the prices are pretty good.

I've noticed that they all have pretty much that baby stroller look, but the difference is these are totally covered, or screened in. So you can keep your furrybutt inside protected from the weather and from escape.

When people see me coming, they always assume I've got a dog, then they look inside. :laughing: "Oh, it's a kitty!"

.unknown.
June 28th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Kijiji.com? Ebay? Those places would be the first I would check out...

Melinda
June 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
we see people using the kids wagons for their dogs, tinytyke ones are plastic and deep, the wooden ones come with red fence type sides you slide on, pillow or blankets on the bottom and viola

cell
June 28th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Petsmart.com or a retail store carry a few models. If you buy online there are some online deals for purchases, I saved $10 on my purchase with their current promotion, another promotion is for 10% off I think.