Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST CAT - Long haired all black domestic with bright green eyes! Ajax, ON

I <3 Nighty
June 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Hello everyone,

I have lost my beautiful, cuddly boy 5 days ago. He is a long haired black cat. He has bright green eyes and has a flat kind of face (like a gorilla).

I miss him so much and am so worried because he has no front claws and wasn't wearing a collar when my mom accidently let him escape out the front door.

I have put up posters around my neighbourhood and have gone around late at night looking for him. I keep checking animal services and nothing so far.

I'm reaching out for help....He went missing from the SALEM/MANDRAKE area.

hazelrunpack
June 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Make sure you check close to home--often indoor cats get scared and hole up somewhere nearby!

I hope he comes back to you soon! :goodvibes:

I <3 Nighty
June 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks Hazel....my heart hurts as I keep going around to check for him and find nothing....I so hope I find him soon.:cat::fingerscr

NoahGrey
June 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
you can leave out tuna or salmon on the poach or deck. You can also leave out his litter box. Also, leave something that has your smell on it.

Talk to your neighbours as well. They might have seen your cat, but not know that it is yours and he is missing. Put up posters at vet clinics, in neighbourhood, Contact vet clinics in the area (some people being strays there) contact your local animal shelter. Also go in to your shelter and fill out a lost report...also bring in a picture of your cat, so they can attach it to your cats profile. Check the stray rooms. I would go in everyother day. Don't just call, cause depending on how many strays they bring in, in a day, they could overlook your profile.

The best times to look for your kitty is early morning (5am) or early evening 6pm) these are the quietest times. Also late evening works well too. Call for him.

Keep us posted.

cpietra16
June 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks Hazel....my heart hurts as I keep going around to check for him and find nothing....I so hope I find him soon.:cat::fingerscr

I just went thru this last week...I actually made copies of the poster and went door to door making sure everyone had one in their mailbox....I had many calls telling me they saw Nickie. Fortunately I found her on day 6; someone spotted her trying to cross a busy deadly intersection ( she would never have made it to the other side) and took her to the SPCA.

Your cat is not too far...put up posters everywhere.

Princes Mom
July 29th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Your cat looks almost the same as my lost cat Prince....Harwood and Rossland Rd. He has been missing for 2 weeks!! 905-903-1123

Princes Mom
July 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Check out PAWS. There is a picture of a black cat they found today. I will also call to see if it is mine.

squirt19
August 3rd, 2010, 09:17 AM
Your cat looks almost the same as my lost cat Prince....Harwood and Rossland Rd. He has been missing for 2 weeks!! 905-903-1123

Harwood and bayly here,

My cat was missing for over 2 weeks and happily he has returned over the weekend,

I tried to search for him at all hours of the day, only seeing him once since he ran away.

I was told to get a cage and try to trap him

Apparently all I had to do was leave the rear patio door open, he opened the screen and waltzed in, once I heard my opther cat "freak out" I got up and found him in the basement beside his food.

If you feel your area is safe enouogh you may want to try leaving a door open all night, as others said to me on here, he may be coming back thru the evenings and leaving at daybreak again.

You could try the trap in the backyard, the humane society will loan them to you no charge,

Good luck, I hope your cat is found safe and sound

Whitby-Ajax Animal Services Centre: 4680 Thickson Road N, Whitby, ON L1N 5R3
Tel: 905-655-0283 Fax: 905-655-4146

slikkback
October 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Good evening!

Great news, I've found your cat Midnight! It responded really well to Nighty and has the same white fur as the lost cat poster you pasted on a mailbox at one end of my street.

I did not take the cat in because my mother is pretty allergic and would not let me. I left out some clean water and some tuna because it was really REALLY hungry. It looks clean, safe, but definately missing home. It's been hanging around my house after feeding and petting it.

I've already called and left 2 messages, both containing my cell number. Hope you receive this message or the voicemail messages. There's this huge field across my house where 3 stray cats, including yours, have been hunting in. I've seen it hunting in the same field all summer long, most likely it will remain in the area considering it is October now and it continues to hunt in the field. Call me back :thumbs up