Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cockatiel

misty_rays
September 9th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I lost my pet cockatiel on Thursday, September 8th, 2004. I live in Pointe-Claire, Quebec, near highway 20. His name is Ricko, and he is attracted to shiny metal, and loves whistling to towels or laundry being folded. Ricko is mostly gray with bright orange patches on his cheeks. He replies when whistled at, and likes to land on peoples heads. He is afraid of fingers but if you cover him with your entire hand he wont bite. Please if you live in this area check the trees and rooftops on your street, and if you spot him PLEASE let me know asap, my phone # is (514) 693-1680. I love my baby Ricko and miss him very much. (I must find him SOON before it gets colder.) ="(
Thank You
-Worried birdy lover.

Lucky Rescue
September 9th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Oh dear.:( You might try checking Nature Pet Center, and the pet store in the Pointe Claire shopping center to see if anyone took him there.

I will post his picture on my Petfinder site.

Hope you get him back!!!!

misty_rays
September 9th, 2004, 10:15 AM
That picture is actually one I found online of someone elses bird, but my Ricko looks identical to it. Thank You for the pet store idea I wouldn't have thought of it myself. I actually used to work at the pet store in Fairview (Safari), I didn't exactly leave on the best of terms however I will drop by and ask about it. I'm trying to think as optimistically as possible but just watching out the window as the rain falls and the wind makes the trees sway is making it very difficult. I know cockatiels do not take well to cold weather, and I can't stop thinking about all the things that could have happened to him during the night. My worst fear is that he is suffering.
I hope somebody helps my baby find his way back home =(

chico2
September 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
MistyRay...That's so sad,putting up posters with picture and phone-number would help..
I a couple of times had budgies in my backyard,tried desperatly to catch them,with the help of Humane Society,but to no avail.Your birdie must be smarter and someone might already have found him and taken him in,but don't know what to do with him...
Let us know what happens.

Luba
September 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I wish you best of luck
Pls post on some other sites as well

www.canadastrays.com
www.petfinder.com
www.lostandfound.ca

AND your local spca / humane society and city shelter.

misty_rays
September 10th, 2004, 03:56 PM
THANK YOU for all your helpful ideas. thank you THANK YOU very very much! it helps to talk about it and gives me more hope. I spoke to a vet and was told he could have easily survived through the cold rainy weather we recently had, so my hopes are back up and i'm working on signs to put up outside right now. I am still scared of the natural incidents that could have happened such as lack of food... But on a more positive note i heard a chirp after whistling while walking on one of the streets near my house. :D

chico2
September 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Misty,please keep your hopes up,the budgies I had in the backyard were eating from my bird-feeders,not their regular seeds,but better than nothing...
Maybe your birdie is doing the same at someones house.
If I were you I would knock on some doors+put posters out.maybe someone has seen him at their feeder,but cannot catch him.
I would react if I saw him,but maybe some people don't,unless they saw a poster.

hounds003
September 11th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Maybe put his cage outside with the door open?? Fingers are crossed you find Ricko!