Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HELP MY 9yr old cocker is bleeding

vivan
September 9th, 2004, 07:05 AM
hi
my 9yr old golden cocker male is bleeding from his genitals...the vet says that he is unable to clot blood as he has a small cut on the genitals...what do i do...its been 3months now and he seems to be fading away...what can i do pleaseeeeeeeeeeee hellpppp...

Goldenmom
September 9th, 2004, 08:15 AM
You run, not walk, to another vet ASAP!!! Call today before its too late.

Let us know how it goes

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

Cinnabear
September 9th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Didn't the vet tell you what to do? If your not satisfied with what they say, see another vet until the problem is corrected.

Writing4Fun
September 9th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Your dog has been bleeding for 3 months and your vet didn't do anything about it?! :eek: For the love of Pete, get that dog to another vet NOW!!

SSAC
September 9th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Your cocker probably has a factor deficiency (a factor II or XI) Both are disorders where there is a deficiency of a clotting factor in the blood, causing minor bleeding. Trauma and surgery may produce major life-threatening bleeding...........

Please go straight to another vet and don't waste any time! Check his gums for colour, they should be pink.
Pale pink-white is dangerous, it indicates shock/ too much blood loss.

As goldenmom said.......RUN to the vets before it's too late. :(

Ask the vet about vitamin K treatments. Vitamin K is used to help clot the blood in factor deficiencies and warafin poisonings