Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hubbys baby

chico2
June 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Here's his pride and joy,other than me:laughing:,now you can see"his"tomatoes:thumbs up
+ a few flowers,I am having a really hard time with earwigs eating buds:yell:

chico2
June 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
a few more...

Love4himies
June 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Soon he'll be harvesting his crop of tomatoes :laughing:

Great garden pics:thumbs up

What are the yellow flowers?

Goldfields
June 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
chico2, here is what a friend had to say on a garden forum here about earwigs.

As for the earwigs I got rid of them last year (mostly), by making traps with a fat drippings and beer mixture. Put this in old marg containers or similar and place around the vegie patch. They cant resist the stuff and drown in the thousands
Oh, if you have a dog like we do, make sure it doesnt get to the traps as they can get very happy on the stuff.

He has a darling Jack Russell, and some quite beautiful cats. A top rate gardener when it comes to tomatoes.

Love your photo's. If that is a yellow day lily in your photo, is it the same as this one? This is one a cyber friend promised me ages ago, I'd actually forgotten about it, but she emailed me yesterday for my snail mail addy. Can you tell me what the white flowering plant is, please?

hazelrunpack
June 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Chico's looks like a Stella d'Oro lily to me, Goldfields, but I don't think that's what your friend is sending you. Whatever it is, it's beautiful!

Strangely enough, chico, my Stella d'Oro seems to be blooming on the same schedule as yours for a change! :thumbs up Mine are usually way behind!

Your astilbe is beautiful, too! I was thinking of putting some in the hummingbird garden. Do you ever see hummers at it? And how long does it bloom?

chico2
June 25th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Yes Hazel it is,the good thing about the Stella is that it blooms all summer,unlike my other Lilies.
Here's another pic.

chico2
June 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I have 4 Astilbes,love them,2 white and one pink(in the pic)and I have a burgundy one,not quiet blooming yet,I also love the Shasta Daisies in their simple beauty.

Goldfields,I don't have any vegetables growing,gave up on them a long time ago,we only have the hanging tomatoes.

The earwigs have eaten many of my Purple Cone-flower buds also my Bee-Balm:yell:

14+kitties
June 25th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hubby's baby is growing nicely chico. Good thing he doesn't have to send this one to college. :rolleyes: (I know. Bad joke)
Hazel - the flower on the astilbe has no funnel for a hummer to stick it's beak in. It's more like round balls of prickliness close together for lack of a better discription. :shrug: They are sharp to the touch. I don't think a hummer would be too impressed at all.

Goldfields
June 26th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Your lily is an absolute picture, chico. The astilbes look nice. I Googled the plant and there are some beautiful colours. Don't think our soil would suit them somehow. They like loamy soil and ours is not very deep soil over red clay. Shasta daisies are lovely, I agree.

hazelrunpack
June 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Hazel - the flower on the astilbe has no funnel for a hummer to stick it's beak in. It's more like round balls of prickliness close together for lack of a better discription. :shrug: They are sharp to the touch. I don't think a hummer would be too impressed at all.

Oh, bummer...but I might put them in anyway cuz they're good eye candy for hoomans! :D