Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog is heaving

gr8gal123
September 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
My dog has been heaving for about three days now. Doesnt vomit or get anything up. She is also in heat so I didnt know if it could be due to that. She acts fine and runs around still. Eats fine. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Writing4Fun
September 8th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Just a thought - you should have posted this under "Ask the Vet" section - since it's a medical question, it might get better attention there. :)

Next question - have you contacted a vet yet? If so, what did they have to say? Dogs heave for a lot of reasons. Mine heaved when she had kennel cough. A friend's dog has been coughing for the longest time. At first they thought it was an irritated trachea, but now believe it's a lung infection. How old is your dog? How long have you had her? Did you get her from a breeder or a rescue? Any particular reason why she isn't spayed yet?

Cflat
September 9th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Could be kennel cough, could be heartworm. Has she been tested for heartworm? Is she up to date on her shots? When are you spaying her? Did you call the vet? O.K. thats four questions.. s/b my limit!! :)