Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

...and now its happened again

cpietra16
June 20th, 2010, 04:23 PM
:( My Nickie who was on her leash this morning, like every other morning got off it. My neighbor saw her near the rode but never thought of calling me. :(
She has now been gone for 7 hours and I have walked all over calling her name. She is 16 years old and she was rescued when she was two weeks old and now she is gone. If anyone lives in Pointe Claire near John Rennie High school please let me know...a very long shot but :shrug:. I have already put out poster and talked to all my neighbors....

chico2
June 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
OMG cpietra,I am so very sorry,Nickie is a gorgeous girl,hopefully she'll find her way home:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:

Love4himies
June 20th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Carmen she is probably scared and will come out this evening. Sending lots and lots of :pray: your way. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

ancientgirl
June 20th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I hope she comes back soon. Did you try that litter trick Marko just posted about a few days ago?:pray:

cpietra16
June 20th, 2010, 09:49 PM
well its been over 12 hours and she has not come back. Now I fear the worst. She is not a "scared" kind of cat. She will walk up to anyone or any dog...its what she is use to. She thinks herself a dog.
I saved her 16 years ago from sure death. The vet never gave her a chance so he let me take her home and have her die in my arms. She was a fighter and now she's gone. She cheated death so many times and now she'll be outside all by herself...in an area that she is not familiar with, not street smart at all. She could outsmart a bear and cougar, but never a car...she really has no idea what they are all about.
This is so hard, my little Nickie is gone. :(

14+kitties
June 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I am so sorry cpietra. :grouphug: Have you got your trap available that you can set with her favourite foods? Have you gone out with a treat bag now that it's quiet to see if she will show up? How about a flashlight to check the trees and bushes?
I feel so bad for you. I will keep praying for her until we hear different. :goodvibes::fingerscr:pray::grouphug:

shannonjackson
June 20th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Don't give up hope that she'll come home to you! I know how hard it is - my Scout has been missing 4 weeks tomorrow - and it is like a full time job looking for her. But I believe she'll come back - and I refuse to allow myself to think anything else. There are some great tips on the first two blog posts under lost and found on this forum. Check shelters daily. Good luck!!!

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I hope she makes her way back home soon, cpietra! :goodvibes:

TeriM
June 21st, 2010, 12:22 AM
Have faith cpietra, she could still make her way home :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:.

Tundra_Queen
June 21st, 2010, 01:20 AM
cpietra, I'm so sorry that u haven't found her yet. I :pray: she comes home safe and sound. :grouphug:

Love4himies
June 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Awww, crap, I was hoping she would come home once it got quiet :( :grouphug:.

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

cpietra16
June 21st, 2010, 07:50 AM
I will hit the homes again. I put up posters two hours after she went missing and today i will be going door to door giving everyone a poster.

This is so not like her... she thinks she's a dog and may follow someone or another dog...that is why she was on a leash..she has gotten of another time but I caught her..I wasn't so lucky this time...I will think positive, but this is so not like her...she would never ever not come back, unless she's hurt:(
Well I have all the dog walkers looking out for her as well. we will see:shrug:

thank you for all your hopes and positive thoughts

LYNNNNNNN
June 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return home....:pray::fingerscr

mikischo
June 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this cpietra :grouphug:

:pray::goodvibes: that Nickie comes back safely and soon.

cpietra16
June 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
its been 48 hours and no sign..like she completely disappeared...
FOR THOSE WHO LIVE IN POINTE CLAIRE....IF YOU TAKE YOUR DOG FOR A WALK IN TERRA COTTA PLEASE CALL OUT FOR HER ...HER NAME IS NICKIE
SHE IS A GRAY AND HER TAIL LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS TO A SQUIRREL.
THANKS

chico2
June 22nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
cpietra:grouphug:you must be going through a nightmare,I was so hoping you'd find her.:(
Maybe someone has her,she is a beautiful girl and these people will relent and give her back:pray:

mastifflover
June 22nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
I hope Nicki gets home to you soon sending positive thoughts.

Love4himies
June 22nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing too, chico. She is such a pretty girl and being so friendly, anybody would fall in love with her.

Sending more :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: your way.

cpietra16
June 22nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Chico, I can't describe just how i feel. It is so surreal. This is my baby. She has been through thick and thin and I can't get over the fact that she is not on her favorite chair. I haven;t slept thinking the worse and hoping for the the best.
What makes it worse is that she had a runny nose for the past few years and we were thinking allergies, so she may not even have a good scent to come home with.
My other fear is that my neighbour even though I have asked him if he has seen her usually traps squirrels and relocates them...and that can also be cats which he does not really like. If he dumped her somewhere far I will never see her again.
This is so not how I thought she would die. All my cats have been cremated and her little body is somewhere and I don't know how to fix this...
So right now I am heart broken and at a loss...

14+kitties
June 22nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
:grouphug::grouphug: I wish I had the words to help ease your pain. :( :grouphug:

Frenchy
June 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
I was hoping to come back here and read that she came back :( but there's still hope !! I'm so sorry this is happening to you cpietra , I'm sending you lots of good vibes :goodvibes:

:grouphug:

otter
June 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: and :pray::pray::pray:

Not knowing is the worst torture! I'm so sorry :(

Hoping for a happy ending :cat:

krdahmer
June 23rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
:pray::pray::pray:

chico2
June 23rd, 2010, 09:17 AM
cpietra,do you think this"trapper:evil:"would tell you if he trapped Nickie??
My heart breaks for you:grouphug:,if anyone deserves good Karma it's you right now,please,please let Nickie find her way home:pray:

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just sending some :goodvibes: and a big :grouphug:! Come home, Nickie!

manypets
June 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Just wandered by this forum tonight while looking for side effects of metacam (it came up in a search). While browsing saw your post and had to respond. Our 7 year old indoor rescue kitty went out the dog door (she's never done that in three years) and was gone a week before I heard her meowing outside our bedroom window one night. Keep the faith! As soon as she came back I put a breakaway collar with tags on her and am considering a microchip. One of the tips I got while looking for her was to let the mailperson know so he/she can keep an eye out. Don't know if anybody has mentioned that. Good luck - I'll hope for a positive outcome!!

Love4himies
June 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
Oh cpietra sending lots and lots and lots of :goodvibes:

chico2
June 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
cpietra,a mailperson is a good idea,if he likes cats.

There is one here,I laugh every time I see him across the street(townhouse-complex)he always has 2-4 cats following him and he always pets them and gives them treats/food.
One day I am hoping to give him a hug...

I know you will never give up on Nickie,keep your spirit up MF:grouphug:

Love4himies
June 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Sending more :goodvibes::goodvibes: for you, cpietra. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

diandpat
June 24th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Still hoping and praying every time I open this thread for a happy ending :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

cpietra16
June 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Just to let you know, that my mailman was told and given a poster as well....but I also want you to know that at 10:46 am this morning I got a call from a lady telling me that she lost a dog she was babysitting and has been looking at the SPCA website everyday. Yesterday she said that she saw a cat that look just like Nickie...so I Of course went on the site and she looked a lot like Nickie, so I called and asked them to call her by name....and yup it was her

NICKIE IS HOME...SHE SPENT THREE DAYS AT THE SPCA. SHE WAS FOUND ON THE INTERSECTION OF ST. JEAN AND DOUGLAS SHAND...THE BUSIEST INTERSECTION IN THE AREA. SHE WOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT ACROSS IF IT WERE NOT FOR A MAN HOW SCOOPED HER UP AND TOOK HER TO THE SPCA

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL WHO NEVER MADE ME LOSE HOPE.

serenamlambe
June 24th, 2010, 12:44 PM
YAY!!

So glad you found her :) Been following this thread and saying some prayers!

Welcome home, Nickie!

BenMax
June 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
That is fabulous!!! Congrats.

(geez, I was there 2 days ago and did not recognize her....).

diandpat
June 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
YAHOOZIE!!!! Great great news...you both must be so relieved!!!! :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

Love4himies
June 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM
WAHOO!!!!

This kitty definitely has nine lives, lol.

This man is an :angel: :lovestruck:

cpietra16
June 24th, 2010, 12:58 PM
SHE IS ACTUALLY NOT TOO THRILLED TO BE HOME...I THINK SHE FINALLY REMEMBERED WHY SHE LEFT...THE 6 KITTENS AN MOM THAT I AM FOSTERING...I THINK I MAY NEED TO REHOME THEM..I DO NOT WANT NICKIE TO FEEL ANY STRESS....SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO FOSTER A MOMMY AND 6 KITTENS...LET ME KNOW. STERI-ANIMAL WILL FOOT THE BILL FOR EVERYTHING. THEY ARE OVERWHELMED WITH CATS AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY FOSTER HOMES LEFT....

AS I TYPE THIS NICKIE IS HISSING AT THEM ALL AND TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT AGAIN....I THINK THIS SIX DAY DISAPPEARANCE WAS STAGED BY HER AND SHE ACTUALLY SIS NOT WANT TO COME HOME:(:rolleyes::shrug:

Dog Dancer
June 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
So glad that Nickie is hope safe and sound (albeit unhappy). Is there no way that you could put mom and kitties out in the garage or something to make it easier for Nickie? Good luck with maybe finding another foster for them.

ancientgirl
June 24th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I'm so glad there is a happy ending here. Even though Nickie isn't too pleased with the guests.

krdahmer
June 24th, 2010, 03:59 PM
:thumbs up:grouphug::highfive::goodvibes:

YESSSSSS!!!! WoooooHOOOOOO!

I'm so doing my happy dance for you! :goodvibes:

Can you give Nickie a room all to herself for a bit, just till she calms down? Or put mom and kittens away in one?

cpietra16
June 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM
THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY...BUT I AM THRILLED THAT SHE IS HOME, HOWEVER, SHE HAS NOW PEED AND POOPED ON EVERY BED IN THE HOUSE...4 BEDS AT THIS POINT AND THE DIRTY PILE OF LAUNDRY.....NOW....CAN EVERYONE SAY.....b**CH.........:yell:

Winston
June 24th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Awe Cpietra I am sorry your going through this! but gotta say if she was at the SPCA for 3 days who knows what she ate! poor gal! can you confine her to a bathroom or cage for a bit? she must be used to a cage if she was at the shelter? plus maybe she wont think about Momma and the babies if she cant see them! a rest of sorts! :thumbs up

mastifflover
June 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I am so glad she is home poop,pee and all. She is safe. I agree maybe a crate is a good idea out of sight out of mind

chico2
June 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
cpietra,i had awful thoughts about your neighbor trapping her and dumping her far away,I am very,very happy she's back home.
Too bad you cannot thank the man who scooped her up,he probably saved her life.

The problem you are having now with her,the same would happen to me,if I had strange cats in the house,mine would have a pee-fest in protest.
I hope someone is able to take that little family for you:fingerscr

14+kitties
June 24th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I am so so glad she is home!! She is a cagey kitty!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

cpietra16
June 24th, 2010, 06:37 PM
this is Nickie on her three day retreat...20 bucks a night...and meds because becasue she got a cold while at the SPCA...and I can;t even get a simple thank you mom....not Nickie, nope, she needs to spread her "love" on everyone's bed..

Frenchy
June 24th, 2010, 06:51 PM
wooohooo ! so glad you got her back !

I'm sure the peeing everywhere will stop .... soon ;)

ancientgirl
June 24th, 2010, 07:23 PM
this is Nickie on her three day retreat...20 bucks a night...and meds because becasue she got a cold while at the SPCA...and I can;t even get a simple thank you mom....not Nickie, nope, she needs to spread her "love" on everyone's bed..

She's got this look like "Okay, are you going to spring me or what?"

Love4himies
June 24th, 2010, 08:07 PM

She just wants to make sure everybody knows she is home and she rules the roost :D

hazelrunpack
June 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I'm glad she's safely home and I hope she settles back in quickly for you, cpietra! :grouphug:

TeriM
June 25th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'm glad she is home safe and sound :thumbs up.

Hopefully she will settle back to routine quickly :goodvibes:.

cpietra16
June 25th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks for all your thoughts guys, I need to take her to the vets for a whole look through. She is still hissing and almost swatted a kitten to the other end of the room.
This morning she threw up blood after I gave her the doxycycline for her "cold".., is this a side affect? If anyone knows? I will have to ask the vet. She is on .27 twice a day.:shrug:

Love4himies
June 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM
No, she shouldn't be throwing up blood, that is not normal :(.

Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: her way.

chico2
June 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Oh no cpietra,I hope she has not picked up anything serious:pray:

14+kitties
June 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM
:fingerscr:fingerscr for Nickie's improved health. :goodvibes:

manypets
June 25th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah!!!!!! Sorry for the problems but so glad she is HOME!!! I think that is why mine left too - she got tired of one of her housemates - the 18 month old GSP lol