Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, new here :)

sangela
June 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi all, found this forum while looking for information on Neoplasene (my horse has a tumor that we're treating with Neoplasene), and decided to join. :thumbs up

I am a fairly new dog owner, though I"ve always been around dogs, my lifestyle was such that I could not bring a dog into my home, til this past year, when I purchased a home with a yard. It's like a dream come true to FINALLY have my own dog. :D

Adopted a Jack Russell x Chihuahua cross in Dec, and he's an absolute hoot. Augie is about 2 years old or so, (we really don't know for sure, but he's definitely got that youthful vigor!).

I look forward to browsing around this BB, looks like an active forum with lots of good information!

Here's a pic of my little hairball playing at the beach:
http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pxLJL3e3-eYP7H1enERo8LMp8S-hm27VH9uAusxx9xe0f6VTCS6Z_i9ZmyfkrmAfP79KfBX_fU5-xdiBjwHeYeg/_MG_1160-copy.jpg?psid=1
He LOVES the beach and plays in the waves. Who knew he was such a salty little dog? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 19th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Augie is a real sea dog! :dog:

Welcome to the board!

Sorry to hear about your horse, though.. I hope the treatments work for you :goodvibes:

serenamlambe
June 19th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Oh wow, he looks like he's having the time of his life :D

Welcome to the board!

14+kitties
June 19th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Sending :goodvibes: for your horse. Augie looks like a bit of a handful. But then he's supposed to be. He's a cutie!!

sangela
June 20th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Augie really isn't too much of a handful...we keep him pretty busy. He's got bones and toys all over the place at home that keep him amused, and we take him to the dog park every day (and he gets walkies, too).
About once a month or so, we do a dog beach outing and as you can see he has a blast. :D

A tired dog is a well behaved dog...<wink> and he's a VERY good boy at home.

He is such a funny little man. Loves his toys and will bring them to bed at night, so he can sleep with his current "fave" toy.

The Neoplasene is amazing stuff, seriously. My horse has a sarcoid/tumor thing on his sheath and I did one application and the tumor is already starting to die off and detach. There will be a wound that needs to be managed, but it will heal and if it works, it's a much better option than surgery, IMO.

Lots of good info on this site! Looking forward to exploring it and learning more.

Goldfields
June 20th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the forum, sangela. Our dog, Perkins, had a tumour on his sheaf too. Actually he had a big lump on his neck which one vet thought was a tumour, then this smaller lump on his sheaf that she thought wasn't one . Wrong on both counts we dicovered when they were removed. The small one was the dangerous one. I have to have a feel every now and then to check all is okay and I always hope no-one is watching, LOL. I wish you the best of luck with your horse, I'd be interested to know how it ends up. Between us, hubby and I may have owned as many horses as we've had dogs probably, so we like to learn through other's experiences as well as our own.

Rgeurts
June 20th, 2010, 01:15 AM
A tired dog is a well behaved dog...<wink> and he's a VERY good boy at home.

Welcome! And yes, I couldn't agree more! A treadmill works wonders :D

You're little guy is adorable!

Tundra_Queen
June 21st, 2010, 03:12 AM
Hi there...welcome to the forum!!

Your dog is adorable and I have heard that the jack russell is the energizer bunny of the dog world! :laughing: I love that beach pic....great shot!

Debbie

meowlissa
December 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Sangela,

I just saw your post re using Neoplasene on your horse. I hope you will see this.

I am also in San Diego and have a cat with an oral tumor. I think Neoplasene is the only hope (maybe combined with surgery).

Can you tell me what vet you are working with?

Thank you!

Meowlissa

My Dog Brookie
December 16th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Looks like he is having lots of FUN!!!!!!!