Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My new boy! :) Pictures included!

cassiek
June 15th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I finally took some pictures of my new boy! :thumbs up

Everyone, meet Diesel. For those of you who don't know, he joined my family of furkids yesterday. I volunteer for the Lethbridge Humane Society; this boy came in a few weeks ago after following a sweet couple home who proceeded to bring him to us. He is terribly underweight, weighing approx. 50 lbs, he should probably weigh closer to 70 lbs.

I was not actively looking for another dog, but this one really stole my heart. :lovestruck: Sometimes I think they do choose you, in their own way. :cloud9:

He has joined the clan and I look forward to having lots of fun with him and showing him the good life!!

1st picture is of him (on the R) and my girl B (on the left)... do they look alike or what? :rolleyes:

Tundra_Queen
June 15th, 2010, 01:58 AM
wow! Congrats!! He is gorgeous!!!

growler~GateKeeper
June 15th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Adorable :lovestruck: B & D a matching couple :cloud9:

Melinda
June 15th, 2010, 05:12 AM
what beauties they both are!!

DoubleRR
June 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Lovely couple you have now. They look like they could be litter mates! Is VERY easy to see why he lives at your house now.

mastifflover
June 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
They certainly are a cute pair and what a lucky boy Diesel is. They say things happen for a reason. Good luck with your new addition more pics please

shirley1011
June 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Diesel is indeed a lucky boy to have found a wonderful home! Gorgeous pair of pups.

ancientgirl
June 15th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Oh wow, they look like twins in that first photo. He's quite handsome, but you can really see the poor little guy needs to put some weight on. :lovestruck: I think it's wonderful you brought him home.

cassiek
June 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone!

DoubleRR, that's what I almost thought... they really do look like they could be from the same litter! :D

He was such a good boy last night, slept through the whole night. When I got up this morning to let him out of his crate he just looked at me like "What? We aren't going to sleep in?" :laughing: should fit in perfectly! And yes more pics will be on the way later on today! :thumbs up

14+kitties
June 15th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Absiolutely stunning!! What a pair. :cloud9: Are they of similar age? Is there a possibility they are from the same litter? Would be interesting to know.
I'm sure with your love and devotion Deisel will soon be in perfect shape. :thumbs up Thanks for being his hero. :highfive:

cassiek
June 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Awww thanks 14+ that's so sweet of you. :grouphug:

Brynn is approx 2 years older than him. We guess him to be about 1, and B is approx. 3 this year. They sure do look similair though...! :thumbs up When I seen him in the dog run at the LHS when he 1st came in, I seen B staring right back at me... :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
June 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cassiek, Diesel is a looker, can't wait to see him fill out under your loving care. I'm on board that they look like twins.

You know asking if they're littermates is a fair question. When I took my girl Halo in to get spayed we met her sister there in the morning. Just got talking about how much they looked alike (mind you what black labs don't??) and turned out they were littermates. In the end the vet techs sent the wrong dog home with my son that night. :eek: Fortunately we noticed the wrong collar and returned the errant twin.

cell
June 15th, 2010, 11:23 AM
perfect match!

Frenchy
June 15th, 2010, 11:51 AM
omg they really do look alike ! Good thing you can tell them apart but looking under ... :laughing:

they're both beautiful , love their coloring :lovestruck:

Luvmypitgirls
June 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Congrats on the new addition! He is so very handsome! May you have many many wonderful years together!:cloud9:

Rgeurts
June 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
What a beautiful pair of babies! He is definitely underweight, but still very beautiful! Good luck to you all! :thumbs up

Robyn

chico2
June 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
How could you possibly not take this boy home,looks like a perfect match for your Brynn,they are both beautiful....thank you,for giving him,what I am sure will be a wonderful life:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2010, 05:32 PM
He's gorgeous, Cassie! :flirt: And now you have bookends! They look like twins! :D

cassiek
June 15th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all the sweet words, everyone! :lovestruck:

More pics... :cloud9:

serenamlambe
June 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Aww, what a beautiful boy! A great brother for your beautiful girl :)

Dee-O-Gee
June 15th, 2010, 10:01 PM
You gotta put the 2nd to last one in the June close up picture thread! :lightbulb:

OMG....he's so friggin adorable and same goes for Brynn too because they look like twins. :crazy:

Diesel will be up to weight in no time especially with a new forever home such as your's Cassiek! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2010, 11:09 PM
The resemblance really is uncanny!!! Two beauties, that's for sure! :flirt:

growler~GateKeeper
June 16th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Those two together spell cute m i s c h i e f :laughing::cloud9:

cassiek
June 16th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Haha, so true growler :laughing: I can just see these two getting into all sorts of trouble together and then pretending to look soo sweet and innocent :angel: :evil:

Thanks for all the nice words everyone. He sure has stole my heart :lovestruck: