Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi From Floppy Dog

Floppy Dog
June 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to forums, so I didn't know I was supposed to introduce myself before I started posting. Sorry.

I'm a paralegal with a 12-year-old daughter (Beena). My hubby (G-Man) and I also own a roofing company. We also have a 7 or 8-year-old orange and white long haired tabby cat named Crush and a 2 - 1/2-year-old black American Cocker Spaniel named Lady.

We live in Squamish, BC (1 hour's drive northwest of Vancouver) and try to spend as much time out of doors as we possibly can. We like hiking (with Lady), camping (with Lady and Crush), snowmobiling in the winter, especially to places where G-Man can find fresh powder to snowboard in.

Please let me know if I make any other forum boo-boos. I don't want to get the pets.ca world mad at me!

serenamlambe
June 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Please let me know if I make any other forum boo-boos. I don't want to get the pets.ca world mad at me!

Well, you'd better post some pictures of your fur babies then! Hahah... The crowds will be asking for them soon! :D

Welcome to the board!

hazelrunpack
June 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yep, definitely need some pics! It's the rules!!!! :p

Okay, well, not really...but we do love pics! :D

Welcome to the board, Floppy Dog!

Dee-O-Gee
June 14th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the board Floppy Dog (cute sign in BTW :thumbs up)!

Pictures are a rule to the forum! :whistle:Just from all us crazy picture loving people! :D

Floppy Dog
June 15th, 2010, 11:15 AM
OK, pictures will be coming. I just have to learn how to use G-Man's digital camera! Mine uses 35mm film, does anyone else remember what film is? LOL

hazelrunpack
June 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Yep, I still have my old 35mm SLR on the shelf :D

Dee-O-Gee
June 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
As a matter of fact, I just dragged my old SLR out of the closet last week and started using it again. Still haven't finished the film yet and hope our local Wal-Mart still develops it! :rolleyes:

Floppy Dog
June 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Pictures are here. One album for Lady and one for Crush. Wasn't sure about human family pictures, so left them out. For those of you who don't live in Lotus Land (BC), would you like to see some of our scenery? We are planning a hike up the back of the Stawamus Chief (largest, free-standing piece of granite in Canada and 2nd largest in the world after the Rock of Gibraltar) today. I'll be able to get some really good pictures of Howe Sound and the Gulf Islands if it's clear enough. Have to go now, need to supervise the ritual making of pancakes for Daddy's Day brunch!

hazelrunpack
June 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
omd, how can you resist Lady's eyes! "Pet me, or I'll be sad..." What a charmer!! :lovestruck:

Crush is a stunning kitty! I love his 'bib'... Such beautiful flowing fur! :flirt:

Tundra_Queen
June 21st, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum and u don't have to introduce yourself before u start posting, it's not a rule so don't worry. *S*

I'm going to go check your pics out now.

Debbie :D

Floppy Dog
June 22nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
omd, how can you resist Lady's eyes! "Pet me, or I'll be sad..." What a charmer!! :lovestruck:

Crush is a stunning kitty! I love his 'bib'... Such beautiful flowing fur! :flirt:

Yup, Lady sure knows how to use those baby browns to advantage!:angel: Don't belive her though, she's a very happy dog.

Crush's "bib" is more noticeable now because he has a lion cut for the summer. I have long fingers and when he's fully furred for the winter I can burry my fingers up to the knuckle in his fur.

Did the Chief as promised on Sunday, but no opportunity for pictures. Too cloudy to see down. But Lady! She did the whole climb (550 m elevation in 2.5 km) with us. She even learned how to use a ladder! (The Chief is a glacier left-over, so some of the rocks are too smooth even for lichen to grow.) Took us 2 hours up and 2 hours down and at the end, Lady still wanted to play fetch! Oh for just half the energy she has!

hazelrunpack
June 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
That's too bad about the weather for your outing, but we'll just take a raincheck. :D Next time! :thumbs up

I hear ya loud and clear about the energy! :laughing: Me, too!

chico2
June 22nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Welcome to our Forum,Floppy Dog:thumbs up
What a beautiful cat and Lady the little Cocker is beautiful too,she looks very,very curly for a Cocker,very sweet:lovestruck: