Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

KERRY Receives 100% Rating From Animal Groups

ar9
September 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Please tell Canadian media and your friends south of the border:

Animal Rights and Wildlife Issues

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Fund for Animals considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the The Humane Society of the United States considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the American Humane Association considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Animal Protection Institute considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Society for Animal Protective Legislation considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Doris Day Animal League considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Animal Protection Institute considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Doris Day Animal League considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Society for Animal Protective Legislation considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the Fund for Animals considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the American Humane Association considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2001-2002 Based on the votes, and co-sponsorship of legislation the The Humane Society of the United States considered to be the most important in 2001-2002, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 89 percent of the time.

2000 On the votes that the The Humane Society of the United States considered to be the most important in 2000 , Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2000 On the votes that the Society for Animal Protective Legislation considered to be the most important in 2000, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

Both Bush and his father were awarded
by the Safari Club, a group
of rich animal stalkers who kill rare animals for sport.

talkbox
September 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM
gee thanks for the info. GO Bush

Princesss04
September 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
That is right BUSH has my vote and ALL my families! :D

mastifflover
September 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Oh my you can't seriously want to elect that war monger again he has totally undone everything that Clinton did in eight years in four years. Your deficet is huge again unemployment, highest it has been in years. And you want to re-elect him again why? If his lips are moving he is lying. I am with Michael Moore on this guy big loser

phreaky
September 8th, 2004, 11:12 AM
I just gotta say that I do not understand the rationale for American foreign policy. This whole war on Iraq thing is classic American foreign policy ballsiness.

What business did the US have to invade Iraq? What did Iraq do to the US to make them declare war? Why invade a country that is not attacking you? The whole 911 thing? The attackers there were Saudis and Afghanis not Iraquis. Oh because they were SUPPOSED to have those weapons of mass destruction? THEY didn't. Even if they did? What right did the US have to go in when they were not in direct threat? No Iraqui soldier or army was getting ready to attack the US. And NOW that everyone knows there were no weapons of mass des. Why are they STILL there? Wasting millions and millions for what? The Iraqui people don't want the US there, most of the world does not want the US there, most Americans don't want the US there.

I mean the US has more weapons of mass destruction than any other country. Just IMAGINE what would happen if another country felt threatened by the US because they have all these weapons and actually attacked them because of it and killed many of their civilians in the process. This is what is going on. What do you call an army that is NOT defending its borders from imminent danger and then goes and invades a foreign land and under the pretext of defeense and then reigns terror over that country. Ummmm I call THAT army a terrorist army, I call THAT policy terrorist policy.

It's just unbelievable. I really wish Gore would have won the last election (as do 90%+ of the Canadian population) No way Gore would have attacked.

Never in my life have I felt so proud to be Canadian as when Jean Cretian (Our former Prime minister) refused to send canadian troops to invade Iraq. BRAVO!!!

That's it I got it off my chest and I won't be responding to all the American posters that will defend their moron of a leader that calls 99.5% invading American soldiers a "coalition".

www.dumbamericans.com

mastifflover
September 8th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Well said Phreaky. The thing is Bush thinks he is king of the world not the president of the United States. I would also like to make a comment on something I have read recently about Canadians being anti-American we are not we are Anti-Bush. We like our American neighbours it is just Bush we hate.

stbeachy
September 8th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Lemme just say I stand for the president of the United States. Glad you canadians have your opinions, and glad you are in Canada with those opinions. No one knows what Kerry stands for or what he would do because he changes his mind so much. At least Bush says what he means and means what he says. I say GO Bush......keep those wars off our home soil. The attack on 9/11 is tracked back to Husseins money. And Bush did say that anyone aiding the terrorists were going to be considered the same. As for the weapons of Mass Destruction, we gave them a chance, Hussein fought us, and we stepped up. Bush has a backbone! Michael Moore is a poor excuse for an American. I for one applaud Bush, for what he stands for and for the person he is. He has my vote and is gonna win this election. As for the Clinton statement......Clinton had us in war in a country that "didn't attack us" as did MANY other presidents. The United States will protect our country and other countries that are being inhumanely run. Lemme guess? You think Hussein was fine and just in what he did to those people over there? Good, maybe you want to go live there. I for one am happy and safe in the United States.

LavenderRott
September 8th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Somehow I don't think that this is an appropriate debate to have here. I think that the forum owners had a pet discussion board in mind when they created this and I don't think that having Canadians bash American politicians falls in the pet category.

I don't see many American's on here bashing Canadian politicians. And there are plenty of Canadian politicians that I am not too happy with right about now.

I can see this becoming a very heated debate that could very well turn really ugly.

melanie
September 8th, 2004, 04:53 PM
lavender i agree not a good thread, pretty sad actually, that we cant leave politics out of it. and sadly some ppl are just desperate for us to know their opinions. now i dont care if i offend, i did not start this post.

i was a bit confused at first, but then i realised it was a add for mr bush (never read such rubbish in my life).
i am an australian, not canadian, and my govt blindly kisses the backside of bushes (not for long though ,johnny howard is going out, federal election coming, his american loving is getting him kicked out, australians dont go for that sort of thing, and mr latham soon to be priminister will bring our troops home and is anti war, and he will can the crap free trade agreement with us too, howard is out yahoooo and that means bush is out of our government yipeeee).
what a relief, we were really scared at one stage, howard/bush have ruined australian reputations, howard is lead blindly anywhere and that was reflecting poorly on us.

WMD- get the president to bend over, shine a tourch where the sun dont shine and there you will find your WMD.

i dont think it is the poor ppl of iraq america claims to defend, it is their oil that the president wants for nothing (historically he has tried this a few times so did his daddy, the pipline, they came close), there is no other reason for any of it, other than he wants what he dont own, the oil, so he will bully ppl into giving it to him. his ploys are so transperant.

Australia dont become america (song line)

mastifflover
September 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
We all know that Bush is in it for the oil, there is always an ulterior motive for everything him and his father ever did or do. Don't go assume that I am ignorant of your government system it is as crumby as ours for the public. Benefits for the rich and screw the middle class. Our taxes are higher because of our sad health care system which at one time was great but politicians screwed that up but at least we do have health care. Yes our taxes are to high. I am not anti american by any means I am just glad Bush lives there and not in Canada, we have enough of our own useless politicians we don't need anymore.

iRONKNiGHT
September 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Oh my you can't seriously want to elect that war monger again he has totally undone everything that Clinton did in eight years in four years. Your deficet is huge again unemployment, highest it has been in years. And you want to re-elect him again why?

i'm with you mastifflove...
Bush is a Moron.. yeah so? whatcha gonna do about it?

iRONKNiGHT
September 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I just gotta say that I do not understand the rationale for American foreign policy. This whole war on Iraq thing is classic American foreign policy ballsiness.

What business did the US have to invade Iraq? What did Iraq do to the US to make them declare war? Why invade a country that is not attacking you? The whole 911 thing? The attackers there were Saudis and Afghanis not Iraquis. Oh because they were SUPPOSED to have those weapons of mass destruction? THEY didn't. Even if they did? What right did the US have to go in when they were not in direct threat? No Iraqui soldier or army was getting ready to attack the US. And NOW that everyone knows there were no weapons of mass des. Why are they STILL there? Wasting millions and millions for what? The Iraqui people don't want the US there, most of the world does not want the US there, most Americans don't want the US there.

I mean the US has more weapons of mass destruction than any other country. Just IMAGINE what would happen if another country felt threatened by the US because they have all these weapons and actually attacked them because of it and killed many of their civilians in the process. This is what is going on. What do you call an army that is NOT defending its borders from imminent danger and then goes and invades a foreign land and under the pretext of defeense and then reigns terror over that country. Ummmm I call THAT army a terrorist army, I call THAT policy terrorist policy.

It's just unbelievable. I really wish Gore would have won the last election (as do 90%+ of the Canadian population) No way Gore would have attacked.

Never in my life have I felt so proud to be Canadian as when Jean Cretian (Our former Prime minister) refused to send canadian troops to invade Iraq. BRAVO!!!

That's it I got it off my chest and I won't be responding to all the American posters that will defend their moron of a leader that calls 99.5% invading American soldiers a "coalition".

you're right on man!! i agree with every word.. and i am not going to YAP any more! well Said phreaky!!

Writing4Fun
September 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM
*Sigh!* Politics and Religion - two topics that should only be discussed amongst the closest of friends over a nice bottle of wine. Politicians are liars - be they American, Canadian, British, or whatever! They were bred and trained to lie, have been lying for generations since the inception of organized politics, and yet we (the public) insist on being suprised when they do. Now who's the moron?? :rolleyes:

iRONKNiGHT
September 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Politicians are liars - be they American, Canadian, British, or whatever! They were bred and trained to lie, have been lying for generations since the inception of organized politics, and yet we (the public) insist on being suprised when they do. Now who's the moron??

yeah well we dont live in the PERFECT world do we? and since we have politics and have to live and deal with it .. i say BUSH is a MORON..

Writing4Fun
September 8th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Knight. Sorry to offend (see why I originally said we should only discuss this with the best of friends? :( ), and as I said in my pm, I include myself in that "moron" remark! Sure, the world's not perfect, and yes we have to deal with politicians, but do we really have to cry "foul!" every time one of them lies or breaks a campaign promise, like it was a big surprise? And you're entitled to your opinion of Bush - I'm not going to argue with you about that! :D - personally I don't know enough about his platform to make a decision about him one way or the other.

melanie
September 9th, 2004, 01:00 AM
QUOTE 'and yes we have to deal with politicians, but do we really have to cry "foul!" every time one of them lies or breaks a campaign promise, like it was a big surprise'
oh i totally agree with you, but rarely can one be held totally responsible for the death of so many ppl, all for money and free oil, if it was a better reason, yeah sure, but it isnt and that is the saddest thing about all of it :(

mastifflover
September 9th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Your gas prices keep going up because they still have the oil and it will stay there. Yeah they can sell the oil to rebuild the city and bury all the innocent people killed and I guess you forgot the torture that was inflicted on the prisoners by American soldiers caught on film. Nowhere on any of these post did anybody say that Saddam was a good guy I think we all agree he is an a$$hole and is detremantal to the people of Iraq. But Bush went to war which was not santioned by the UN and then expected everybody to follow him, and was pissed off when he was not supported by many countries. Now that I have stopped laughing long enough to post... I will do so. First off... Clintoon almost wrecked our country with his recession.... you see... when someone is a president it takes the economy a while to catch up... so with Bill Clintoon as president it took the economy about 3 and a half years to catch up...by then President Bush is in office and is now taking the heat for all of Bill's screw ups. Now that it is finally turning around... it takes awhile to recover after a Liberal President...some people think that all of this job loss is Bush's fault when in reality it is from Clintoon's stay in office.
I guess it took eight years for the effects to show all that employment and lack of deficet was just an illusion.Good relations with other countries. Remember he had to clean up the mess of the last president so I guess that logic of it takes the economy awhile to catch up went out the window, or does it only count when there is a republican in office it doesn't work the same way if your a democrat. Well if Bush wins you have my condolences because I am sure he will find another war when he finally gets your very brave and selfless soldiers out of somewhere they should not have been in the first place.

stbeachy
September 9th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Something I read....hmmmm.....wonder what would happen if America just started leaving everyone else stand up for themselves??? Hmm....? Maybe they are just mad that America CAN stand up for themselves because we have the strongest military and we aren't affraid to back down. Oh well! I am for BUSH and I support the war. Yes, innocent people get killed in a war...it is a WAR. We had a lot of innocent people killed here on Sept. 11th. So we know what that is like. And we ain't gonna sit on our pansy a$$es to wait for it to happen again.
:rolleyes: excuse my abruptness

There were 39 combat related killings
in Iraq during the month of January.....
In the fair city of Detroit there were
35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city,
about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

When some claim President Bush shouldn't
have started this war, state the following ..

FDR...
led us into World War II.
Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
>From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost,
an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...
finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us.
>From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,
an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy...
started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.
Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...
turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
>From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...
went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,
Bosnia never attacked us.
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter
three times by Sudan and did nothing.
Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us
President Bush has ...
liberated two countries,
crushed the Taliban,
crippled al-Qaida,
put nuclear inspectors in Libya,
Iran and North Korea
without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered
300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining
about how long the war is taking, but...
It took less time to take Iraq
than it took Janet Reno to take the
Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of
chemical weapons in Iraq for less
time than it took Hillary Clinton to
find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division
and the Marines to destroy the Medina
Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to
call the police after his Oldsmobile
sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took
to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
The Military moral is high!

mastifflover
September 9th, 2004, 11:36 AM
They still haven't counted the votes in Florida correctly.

Both Bush and his father were awarded
by the Safari Club, a group
of rich animal stalkers who kill rare animals for sport.
This is the man I would want representing me wouldn't every animal lover.

iRONKNiGHT
September 9th, 2004, 01:55 PM
hey here's (http://www.dogshatebush.com/dogs_001.htm) a cool Pet site where you can adopt a doggie!
here's some stuff doggie's have been saying about "Bush" on that website!
"I hate George Bush more than the vaccuum cleaner."
"Yo fug da bum."
"Bushes. They have one use. Any questions?"
"Let's pee on his shoes."
"I'm still wondering about that Florida thing."
"Dogs: environmentally friendly. Bush: not. Any questions?"
"Every other American is out of a job, why not Bush?"
Ohh Yeah Cat's get into it too!
Pet site where you can adopt a kitty (http://catshatebush.com/cats_001.htm)
"Let's eat his house plants."
"If we lock Bush and Blair together in a room, will the two negative forces cancel each other out?"
"Someone shut the moron up before he declassifies English as a language."
"One word: neuter."
"Talk to the paw, Bush."
"I'm packing this suitcase and moving to Canada if Bush gets in for another term."

iRONKNiGHT
September 9th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Bush, has invaded a foreign nation, repeatedly lied to the American people, turned the U.S. economy into a war machine, and created a Police State society right here at home. He's created the office of Motherland Security... er, I mean Homeland Security and, effectively, declared war on the American people. If you believe in the Bill of Rights, if you believe in the U.S. Constitution, if you believe in fiscal sanity and personal privacy and personal integrity...then you should help return America and its armed forces to the level of integrity she truly deserves.

Princesss04
September 9th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Just a question does Kerry support abortion?

meggie1425
September 9th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Just a question does Kerry support abortion?
Good question princess04, id really like to know that too. I personally think that women should have the right to choose whether or not they get an abortion, and (no offence guys :D ) i dont think men should really have a say since its the women that would be carrying the child and that would be the main care giver. It also depends on the situation.

(and before people turn this around, im not saying im for abortion, i just think women should have the right to choose!!)

iRONKNiGHT
September 9th, 2004, 03:31 PM
i just think women should have the right to choose!!)
hey i'm with you on this!!!

Luba
September 9th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Oh my you can't seriously want to elect that war monger

LMAO

I agree, Bush is more then just an idiot he's a dangerous idiot!
Give the village idiot power and look what he does.

Managing oil fields in Texas to becoming governor then president.
Do you actually believe he would have been elected had he not be
a 'familiar' face (ahem daddy was president huh!) Sheesh talk about
keeping it in the family.

BTW am I the only one that thinks he has some sort of 'syndrome?'

Oh wait, thats not a syndrome those are just his ears, hoaning in on
oil fields...oil radar!!

:D

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/bush_almighty.jpg

iRONKNiGHT
September 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Oh wait, thats not a syndrome those are just his ears, hoaning in on
oil fields...oil radar!!
did you say Ears? or monkey?
as for the picture i'm pretty stumped here, i cant seem to tell the difference.

melanie
September 9th, 2004, 04:53 PM
luba and ironknight, they are too funny. have printed them up and am giving them to friends and what not, brilliant just brilliant.

'and before people turn this around, im not saying im for abortion, ' this topic is heading way over the line and is incredibly offensive to many here, and these are all ppl we all like and care about so lets be a little human and not discuss this here, please. lets have some respect for each other and not go ther please.

laura i dont expect you to believe me (my opinion is quite reflective of many i speak to in australia), we are opposing on this issue and we will never agree. so why bother even discussing it. there are far more important things in the world.

Luba
September 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I was gonna go on about the monkey similarity as well but hey I really like Monkeys and didn't want to compare him.

I bet some of the chimps IQs are HIGHER!!

mastifflover
September 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I am sure the chimps IQ are higher. The director that I am working with has a great bumper sticker "anybody but Bush for president" he was saying that tre polls really don't give a true picture he says "Bush is higher in the poles but knowing him the poll is only taken in Texas"

marko
September 9th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I don't do this often but I'm closing this thread.

Both sides have said all there is to say.

Personally I............yeah right! Not going near this one!

Marko

ADMIN