Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New to site

Sunshine171
June 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hello. I am new to this site. I found it while looking for some help with my lab/rot cross. I have a vet appt set for this afternoon for him but was looking for ideas on what could be wrong. Found some great helpfull insight on the possibilities. Thanks for being dedicated pet owners who care to share their own stories enableing others to gain some understand of the concerns they may be going through with their own. I love my kids...they are not pets to me but my kids. I just can't imagine my life without them. So hello and thank you already. I look forward to learning this site :thumbs up

sarnia111102
June 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hello SunShine and welcome. I am also new, I know I am going to like it here. Have fun, maybe I will see you in the arcade sometime.

hazelrunpack
June 7th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Welcome to the board, Sunshine! If you have some pics of your pets, we'd love to see them! :D

Good luck with your dog at the vet tomorrow! I hope all is well! :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
June 7th, 2010, 10:26 PM
66317 to the board Sunshine. Sending :goodvibes::goodvibes: and :fingerscr's crossed for the vet visit.

Please keep us posted. :thumbs up

Sunshine171
June 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone. So went to vet and some of what I found on here is exactly what I had feared. Jake has "old dog lungs" he is 10, but his arteries out of his heart are enlarged. His lungs show signs of lung disease on top of hypothyriodism. His cholestorol is very high because of his thyriod issue. He has always had a chronic ear issue so they cleaned them out really well and he is on antibiotics right now to hopefully help that and most likely wil start him up on a steriod to help the lungs and throat. (he coughs really bad at night) So we are having more testing done and should know something more detailed within the next couple days. The vet did say he was in excellent physical shape for his age. So we shaved him down since he is black and to hopefully cool him down even more so his breathing eases up...thus far it has worked and his ears are much better. It is just so sad to see an old dog really show his age. We have always called him the gentle giant...lab/rot cross weighing 118. I post a few pics in an album but took some more..will post soon...

hazelrunpack
June 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Has he been treated for the hypothyroidism previously?

I hope Jake responds well to the meds and turns around for you quickly! He sure is a cutie! :flirt: