Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Apple Cider Vinegar for conjunctivitis

Pink-ET
June 5th, 2010, 08:06 PM
My 6 month old pup has conjunctivitis - discharge from her eyes with odour. The vet gave me ointment which was not only difficult to use but didn't work, so after a week of this I looked online for natural remedies and read this:

mix 1 tbsp organic raw apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp water and apply on the dogs back between the shoulder blades twice a day! Many people on the site had great success with it so I tried it and was shocked that after 24 hours there was NO odour and she had stopped rubbing her face across the carpet!!!!

I will continue to do this for a week to ensure but she is back to her old self and no discharge.....between the shoulder blades how weird is that!!!:shrug:

Rachel Moron
August 16th, 2013, 05:05 AM
My kitten named poppy has had conjunctivitis for about two days now. She has this moist coming out from his eyes and she is very irritated about it. I bought some eye drops, but she is a very aggressive type and won't let me drip some in hes eyes. I tried cleaning them with some chamomile tea, but she is not very fond about that either. Can I simply ignore the conjunctivitis? Will it go away by itself ? Or are there any other ways it can be treated, possibly something administrated orally? So she developed conjunctivitis and an ear infection.

sugarcatmom
August 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Can I simply ignore the conjunctivitis? Will it go away by itself ?

Well, you could have a vet take a look at her. Eye problems can turn very serious if left untreated or not properly treated: http://www.animaleyecare.com/aec/index.php/AEC/common-eye-diseases.html