Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More roses,boring,eh

chico2
June 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Some I took today..

chico2
June 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
To be perfectly honest,I would probably pull them all out,but I don't have the heart to do it.

chico2
June 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
My very first Stella lily to bloom..

the gang
June 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
omgod just beautiful!! :thumbs up i love roses, very nice pics, brenda and the pins

Love4himies
June 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Just beautiful, chico :lovestruck: :cloud9: The deer ate all my rose buds last night :(

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Holy catz, chico! Rip them out?!? :eek: Why ever would you want to do such a thing?! They're absolutely gorgeous! :flirt:

14+kitties
June 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Would you put hostas along that stretch where the roses are chico? That would look nice. But I'm with the rest. The roses are very very pretty. :cloud9:

Goldfields
June 5th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Superb roses, Chico2. I particularly love the two pale pinks ones, just look at those fat healthy buds on the second one. I don't know anything much about lillies, would have thought that was a Daylily. I now have a heap of those in pots here and only know what colour one of them will be, a red. Hope you don't give up on roses.

krdahmer
June 5th, 2010, 11:43 PM
OOOooooo I love that stella lily! Purdy! I always liked roses, had a bush at the first place me and hubby lived together... but it was red.... I've always loved the cream or yellow ones.

chico2
June 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Thank;s girls,the Roses are beautiful now,but later comes the black-spots,leaves falling off etc...I already had to spray them for Aphids and other bugs.:yell:

My personal favorite is the pale pink one in pic no 5,I love the stage just before it opens fully.
I had a white Kennedy Rose,but it did not survive..

Goldfields,that lily is very common called Stella d'oro,or something like that,unlike my other Lilies it blooms all summer.

I have something against killing anything(except Monsterbugs:yell:)so the Roses will stay for now.

14+,I already have so many Hostas and this year they are huge,but it's a good idea..:thumbs up
I finally got a Russian Sage,a neighbor,who is a fantastic gardener gave me some of hers:thumbs up

Goldfields
June 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Spraying is what I must do here also, though my roses are about finished for the winter. Thanks for telling me the full name name, Chico2, I Googled for Stella d'oro and it is a Daylily. I can only hope that is one I've got, I was given a heap by a guy up north. When I read Russian Sage I immediately thought of salvias, which I'm besotted by and have started collecting( have about 15 now, all colours), but no, it isn't a Salvia and the Google images look beautiful. I shall ask on the Garden forums here if anyone has it. Love the way they are happy to share plants.

cpietra16
June 6th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I don;t know much about flowers, but if you can, instead of spraying them, you can buy ladybugs and they love aphids and its invironmentally safe...:D

Goldfields
June 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
A lot of insects don't thrive due to our environment, aphids do, ladybugs I have rarely if ever seen, even before I started spraying. I might just squirt the aphids off with the hose or squish them - yuk!! Depends on how bad the infestation is. A lot of plants that are invasive in other areas are not here, so our summer heat effects plants as well as insects. We never gets snails for instance either.

Dee-O-Gee
June 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Uh excuse me but "More roses,boring,eh" --NOT!

Your roses are absolutely stunning Chico2. Mine are out in full bloom now--2 weeks ahead of schedule!