Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 Pitbulls (dark brown and mix, both female)Vaughan ON, Sonoma Blv. and islington

Bongun
June 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
I found two dogs Both pitbulls one is dark brown and the other is a mix of pitbull and perhaps German shepherd(light brown with some black).

Neither of them have collars, they are currently being held at Vaughan kennel-inn located 14378 Yonge St., Aurora, ON L4G 3G8 phone number 416-213-7176.

The two pitbulls are VERY friendly and are trained, they sat with me for 1 hour waiting for animal services to arrive.

I found them outside my house at Sonoma blv. and Islington in Vaughan Ontario.

Please contact me if you have lost these dogs. I can be contacted by email. (bogdan.vochin@hotmail.com)

They will only be kept for 15 days in the animal shelter so please if anyone is missing their dog these really really sweet and well trained pitbulls.

NoahGrey
June 3rd, 2010, 01:21 PM
I hope they are grandfathered...meaning they were born before the ban came into effect. I love pitties..they get such a bad rap.

BenMax
June 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
I hope they are grandfathered...meaning they were born before the ban came into effect. I love pitties..they get such a bad rap.

Unfortunately that does not make a difference. I tried to fight for a 9 year old and provided proof...verdit was get it out of the province or it dies. End of story. Grandfathered means zero.

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
depends on the city Noah Grey, here if you lose a pittie its almost the same as losing lab....you look for it, pay the fee for it being picked up and running loose, and head on home, unless of course its not spay/n, I like our spca now...mind you, it wasn't like that before...

NoahGrey
June 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I know in Ontario, if they are grandfathered, they are aways returned to the owner..if they are following all of the prodocalls...like spay/nueter, muzzle, If for instance the dog is not fixed, they will have to make a vet appointment and a follow up visit will be issused. When owner is picking up dog, owner must have leash and muzzle before leaving the shelter. And yes the same protocalls are the same...running at large, fee for pick up, etc...depending if repeated offences and that goes for every breed.

michellemero
June 3rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
two of them...wow. I hope they find a home or go back home to their owners...pls keep us updated.

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
I know in Ontario, if they are grandfathered, they are aways returned to the owner..if they are following all of the prodocalls...like spay/nueter, muzzle, If for instance the dog is not fixed, they will have to make a vet appointment and a follow up visit will be issused. When owner is picking up dog, owner must have leash and muzzle before leaving the shelter. And yes the same protocalls are the same...running at large, fee for pick up, etc...depending if repeated offences and that goes for every breed.

exactly, some small cities are pretty good with the law, only one owner has ever been threatened with a fine, and it was for the dog being off leash walking beside her

NoahGrey
June 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
one owner has ever been threatened with a fine, and it was for the dog being off leash walking beside her

As they should be told about the fines. For the safety of the dog, as well as the public. You would not believe how many times I got the...oh my dog would never bite..but you never know how your animal will react in a new outside environment or with new people (strangers) dogs off property should be leashed.

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 04:55 PM
you know what? it doesn't matter if your dog has no teeth and two legs....the law is the law, if you want to keep your dog safe and if you love it you will follow the laws, no matter how stupid they are.

chico2
June 3rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
I hope these 2 girls will be fine,maybe they escaped from a backyard:confused:hopefully someone will come forward and claim them,or they will be doomed:(

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
being they are so well trained I'd say there are some frantic people searching right now

chico2
June 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Melinda,I certainly hope so,poor girls:pray::goodvibes:

NoahGrey
June 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
you know what? it doesn't matter if your dog has no teeth and two legs....the law is the law, if you want to keep your dog safe and if you love it you will follow the laws, no matter how stupid they are.

very true...sadly some think that the law does not abide to them and purposley let their dog(s) roam. Hopefully these dogs acciantly got out (which I am assuming) and are not allowed to just roam.

Bongun
June 4th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I have many roaming pets in my neighborhood , but I've never seen these two before. It also looked like they have been outside for quite some time, they where really hungry and thirsty I brought them some food and water, and my German shepherds treats. I really hope to find their owners, i would think they would be searching for them since they are so very well trained and comfortable with strangers so their owners must have loved them.