Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

shocked and horrified....

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
The strangest thing happened to me today, and this is something I am not going to ever forget.
As I got in my car to leave my house to do some grocery shopping, just as I was leaning to close my door, this completely emancipated pup jumped up into my lap. I have no idea where it came from, I didn't see it coming. It was frantically trying to kiss my face and curl up in my lap, pressing against me whimpering and crying. I was caught totally off guard and it took a moment for me to realize what was really happening here. This dog, this poor poor baby is so emancipated that I can't even begin to fathom how it was able to jump up into my SUV. The pup was frantic, just wanting to be held and probably fed.
I decided not to call the bylaw but choose to rush this pup to a vet here in High River. I bawled like a baby because this pup looked so starved and dirty. I got it to lay down in the back seat, and I promised to get it help.
The vet office was very caring and accomodating taking the dog in. As I carried the pup to the kennel in the back room, it just stared up at me. When I went to put it in the kennel it kept trying to leap back into my arms. It was so emotional for me I literally almost passed out cuz I couldn't catch my breath. The vet assistant said I was probably the first human that showed it tenderness and love and it didn't want to be apart from me now. Of course this launched me into a whole new fit of tears. I left my personal info as they were going to call a local rescue to come take the dog. In my urgency to get it help I never stopped to check to see if it was male or female.
Bylaw actually came to pick up the pup, and they took it to the rescue. The bylaw called me and thanked me for getting the dog help. The rescue will hold the dog as a "lost" dog for a couple of days to see if an owner comes forward. However he strongly doubts an owner will come forward. He concludes as do I, that this is another dog "dumped" out here in the country. It's far to human friendly and dog socialized to be a feral dog, and given it has no collar, it's very suspicious.
I have informed bylaw and the rescue that I would like to be kept informed on the welfare of the dog. I also asked bylaw if there was a limit to the amount of dogs a person can have in High River and he said no! So once this pup has a chance to recovery a bit, and is given a clear bill of health, I am going to strongly consider adopting the dog myself.
It's just too strange the way the dog landed in my lap, literally. I can't help but think its a sign, a message of some sort...at least thats the way I'd like to think of it.
I am shocked and horrified by the condition of this dog, I can't believe someone would just dump a pet, without any regard. I can't believe this pup has lived long enough to become this emanciated. It is truly heart breaking and I can't get the dog out of my mind and of course the tears keep coming.
I've already named the dog "Peanut", in my mind, I know I'll have to work hard to convince hubby, but if I can even bring it in as a foster to adopt, I would like the opportunity.
I didn't get pics, but I'm hoping the rescue will let me come see the dog as I have purchased a collar for it, every dog deserves a collar. Maybe I'll be able to get a pic then.
Please add "Peanut" to your prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

14+kitties
June 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Please add "Peanut" to your prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Done! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: And thank you! :grouphug::grouphug: :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Love4himies
June 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
I posted in a thread earlier, that little gifts of heaven come into people's lifes and as I was reading your story, I was thinking this is a gift for you. I bet this pup will be your loyal companion for the rest of it's life. There is no doubt you will be this dog's guardian :angel:.

Sending lots and lots and lots of :pray: for this pup.

Jim Hall
June 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
an angel found you both

Frenchy
June 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Of course it's a sign ! :crazy: thank you for taking this dog at the vet LMPG :thumbs up what breed was he/she ? :dog:

nothing surprises me anymore :( I saw something on Animal Precinct earlier ... a great dane puppy tied up in this lady's backyard , tied to a chain bigger than him , with just a bit of fur left at the base of his tail (demodex) , other than that , he had no fur left !!!! And very thin ... when they asked the lady if she was taking care of him , she said yes , that she was feeding him :frustrated: and then she didn't want to surrender him to the animal control saying she paid so much money for him ... yep , a whole $100 :wall:

the dog finally had to be put to sleep :(

luckypenny
June 1st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Regardless of the reasons this poor pup was alone and in the condition he was in, I believe it was fate that he found you. I don't think it necessarily means that you have to adopt him, I just think that YOU, of all people, places, times, etc were the one right person he needed to find in order to get him to safety. Thank you LMPG...you're not only his hero, you're ours too :2huggers:.

cpietra16
June 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
I love signs from above, beyond the rainbow bridge...I truly beleive that puppy knew exactly what he/she was doing when he chose you...you should feel so honoured:cloud9:

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
The rescue called me. The pup, is a female and approx 8 months old. Her nails are worn down to bare stubs and her pads are rock hard, a sign of a dog that's been wandering for some time.
The vet that seen her, feels that she wasn't physically abused but has most certainly been neglected.
She was given a deworming dose, and fed a couple of small meals thus far, and she's drinking like crazy.
She's loving playing with the other dogs at the rescue.
The owner of the rescue, says she has seen worse cases but that considering this dog is still a pup makes it harder to take.
I told her that I am definately interested in possibly adopting her, if nobody claims her.
She is especially lucky because I have seen lots of coyotes lately, and the fact that they didn't get her is a miracle in itself.
I talked to hubby about how I feel about this and how if possible I'd like to adopt her. He says no way...but I don't give up easily. Of course it will all depend on if my dogs accept her, if they don't then of course I will have to accept the fact that it's not a good match.
By the way, in my original post, I used the word emancipated, this of course was a typo, I was thinking emanciated and typed emancipated, I meant no offence. Further in the post I did use emanciated, so I'm sure ya'll knew what I meant but I just want to apologize if my typo offended anyone.
Thank you for prayers for Peanut. Regardless of what the future holds, whether I get to have her in the end or not, I will never forget her, and I will keep her in my heart.

luckypenny
June 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM
No offense should be taken...our younger son asks to be emancipated all the time when he can't do everything he'd like to :D. The word is emaciated but we understood what you meant.

You will always be in Peanut's heart too, LMPG :grouphug:.

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
No offense should be taken...our younger son asks to be emancipated all the time when he can't do everything he'd like to :D. The word is emaciated but we understood what you meant.

You will always be in Peanut's heart too, LMPG :grouphug:.

ok my fingers just will not cooperate, not to mention my digits are too chubby for my sons laptop keys.

Ugh, long hard wmotional day, :(

Luvmypitgirls
June 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM
I love signs from above, beyond the rainbow bridge...I truly beleive that puppy knew exactly what he/she was doing when he chose you...you should feel so honoured:cloud9:

Ya know I thought maybe my Golden Benny, led this pup to me.
(sigh), I hope she has a good night, at least I know she is safe and warm and has nums in her tummy. Wish I could put my arms around her:(

Dee-O-Gee
June 1st, 2010, 11:11 PM
Sending :pray:'s and :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: Peanut's way LMPG! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
June 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM
Peanut knows an :angel: when she sees one, LMPG! :goodvibes: for her complete and rapid recovery! :grouphug:

cassiek
June 2nd, 2010, 02:05 AM
LMPG, you are such an :angel: for taking this poor pup in!

Please keep us posted, and pictures would be wonderful once you get some. :lovestruck:

(And, personally... I kind of think its meant to be... you were looking for another dog were you not... and here this sweetie ends up literally in your lap! :cloud9:)

Melinda
June 2nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
I would say thats a sign, please keep us updated, what kind(s) of breed was she?

Love4himies
June 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
I talked to hubby about how I feel about this and how if possible I'd like to adopt her. He says no way...but I don't give up easily. Of course it will all depend on if my dogs accept her, if they don't then of course I will have to accept the fact that it's not a good match.

:laughing::laughing: That's what DH said about Jasper (he is the one that brought him home from Cornwall SPCA,
about Sweet Pea, about Rose (I still tell him that Rose is available for adoption to keep him happy :rolleyes: :laughing:. I truly believe this is a sign. Of course your resident dogs must come first.

Sending lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: her way.

DoubleRR
June 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Hubbys regularly say no and then change when they spend some time with the "no way" in question. Kudos to you, and I so hope she gets to be in your family.

Tundra_Queen
June 2nd, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ya know I thought maybe my Golden Benny, led this pup to me.
(sigh), I hope she has a good night, at least I know she is safe and warm and has nums in her tummy. Wish I could put my arms around her:(

I'm so glad Peanut found you!! I think u should go visit her at the rescue just to let her know that you haven't forgotten her and that she isn't alone.It might make her feel more at ease to know that u are still around. :grouphug:

Debbie

Frenchy
June 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
I talked to hubby about how I feel about this and how if possible I'd like to adopt her. He says no way...but I don't give up easily.

Would be nice if you could foster her ... then ask hubby again after a couple of days , after he gets attach to her :evil:

of course , if your guys like the pup in the first place ... :goodvibes:

BenMax
June 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Everything happens for a reason. Yours was to save this dog.:thumbs up

Good luck with convincing your hubby.

Hey - do you ever wonder why a man's 'No' must be respected but a woman's 'Yes' is dismissed? I mean - No is negative and Yes is positive...wouldn't you expect that the positive out - rules the No? I never understood that...hence my divorce...

Masha
June 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hey - do you ever wonder why a man's 'No' must be respected but a woman's 'Yes' is dismissed? I mean - No is negative and Yes is positive......

I keep wondering about that all the time... generally when my husband proposes something i dont like i respond with 'no, but if this is somethig you feel very strongly about than in that case yes'
He on the other hand responds to my 'crazy ideas' with 'no, no way, dont even think about it'.... grrrr..... however, if that is something i feel strongly about i do it anyways... and he generally just gives up and lets it be...

Marty11
June 2nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
I've been following this story what's the update with the "saved puppy"? What an amazing story, I pray that she recovers and finds a great home.

Love4himies
June 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM
Would be nice if you could foster her ... then ask hubby again after a couple of days , after he gets attach to her :evil:

of course , if your guys like the pup in the first place ... :goodvibes:

Ohhhh Frenchy you are so smart :thumbs up

joeysmama
June 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Oh my gosh...what an emotional experince that must have been. I would have been shaking. I think that YOU'RE the one who's been adopted ! I hope that you get to keep her...I think you've already got a bond and you're most likely the only taste of loving care that she's ever had.

Luvmypitgirls
June 2nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry I have no update to give at this time, as I was unable to talk to the rescue today. My oldest son had dental surgery today so I was a tad preoccupied.
I cried and cried last night telling hubby how this dog was led to me for a reason, and that I want the dog if possible. I told him his no will in no way dictate my decision. The only thing that will stop me is if the rescue doesn't feel this is the home for her or if my pack doesn't accept her, or of course if an owner steps up, but even if they do bylaw here isn't prepared to return her to them.
I know I was pushing my luck with hubby, but he knows how much I love animals and he respects my dedication to do whatever I can when I can.
No I wasn't really looking for another dog. And to be honest until yesterday I wouldn't have considered having another breed other than APBT, but this little darling hijacked my heart. I believe she is a golden lab cross.
I'm hoping the lady at the rescue will let me come see her I'm going to call her tomorrow.
I'll let you know what happens.

Jim Hall
June 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
well at this point i almost feel sorry for hubby is sort of like what maria goes through when yet another stray comes a begging

cassiek
June 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Ah yes LMPG, I was confusing you with Myka who also had an APBT and has been looking to add another dog to her clan. My bad. :o

Regardless, sure seems like this little sweetie picked you... :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
June 2nd, 2010, 11:59 PM
Sorry I have no update to give at this time, as I was unable to talk to the rescue today. My oldest son had dental surgery today so I was a tad preoccupied.
I cried and cried last night telling hubby how this dog was led to me for a reason, and that I want the dog if possible. I told him his no will in no way dictate my decision. The only thing that will stop me is if the rescue doesn't feel this is the home for her or if my pack doesn't accept her, or of course if an owner steps up, but even if they do bylaw here isn't prepared to return her to them.
I know I was pushing my luck with hubby, but he knows how much I love animals and he respects my dedication to do whatever I can when I can.
No I wasn't really looking for another dog. And to be honest until yesterday I wouldn't have considered having another breed other than APBT, but this little darling hijacked my heart. I believe she is a golden lab cross.
I'm hoping the lady at the rescue will let me come see her I'm going to call her tomorrow.
I'll let you know what happens.

Luvmypitgirls...I have a question for u....do u do most of the looking after the dogs or does hubs?

If u adopt the pup wouldn't u be the one doing most of the looking after it? Just a thought. :D

Frenchy I have always wondered why a man's No carries more weight than a woman's. I remember asking my mom when I was a kid why my dad got what he wanted even though she also worked full time AND did all the housework!

Love4himies
June 3rd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Frenchy I have always wondered why a man's No carries more weight than a woman's. I remember asking my mom when I was a kid why my dad got what he wanted even though she also worked full time AND did all the housework!

Because women allow it to be that way :yell: :frustrated:. The only time I listen to my DH "no" is when I know in my brain it makes sense.

Tundra_Queen
June 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
But see,,, I don't know WHY women STILL allow it. I mean, what the heck was fighting for women's rights for?

I'm with u L4H...though really hubs knows better than to say no to me,,,I'm Irish and very umm pig headed...errr I mean Determined! :laughing:

Debbie :D

2sheltiesmom
June 3rd, 2010, 02:08 PM
She is especially lucky :thumbs up That's for sure!
Thank you for prayers for Peanut. Regardless of what the future holds, whether I get to have her in the end or not, I will never forget her, and I will keep her in my heart.

:lightbulb:You have EMANCIPATED her! I think this would have to be called a "Freudian slip";) Peanut has been given her freedom to live the life she was created for thanks to you:highfive:

Frenchy
June 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
I cried and cried last night telling hubby how this dog was led to me for a reason, and that I want the dog if possible. I told him his no will in no way dictate my decision.

I'm hoping you won't get troubles from hubby for this , of course , I will tell you to ... go for it :thumbs up

Hey - do you ever wonder why a man's 'No' must be respected but a woman's 'Yes' is dismissed? I mean - No is negative and Yes is positive...wouldn't you expect that the positive out - rules the No? I never understood that...hence my divorce...

But see,,, I don't know WHY women STILL allow it. I mean, what the heck was fighting for women's rights for?

Hence me being single :o I do whatever , whenever , and I'm not about to make compromises about helping pets. No freaking way ! I rather be alone .... with my dogs and cats that is. :o

Luvmypitgirls
June 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
She is especially lucky :thumbs up That's for sure!

:lightbulb:You have EMANCIPATED her! I think this would have to be called a "Freudian slip";) Peanut has been given her freedom to live the life she was created for thanks to you:highfive:

LOL, thank you!:D

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
2sheltiesmom *L* how perfect, wonderful observation!!

luvmypitgrls, anything yet?

chico2
June 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
LMPG,I just luv you girl,it was that little pups lucky day,when he found you,meant to be,for sure..
The way he jumped in to your SUV,makes me think someone let him go and drove away and the pup was looking for a car with a wonderful person in it and he certainly found one.
You know,your hubby should be sooooo proud of you for stopping smoking AND dieting,he should have no resistance to you getting this little pup.:thumbs up
Cannot wait to hear updates,hopefully good news:pray:

Love4himies
June 3rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
LMPG,I just luv you girl,it was that little pups lucky day,when he found you,meant to be,for sure..
The way he jumped in to your SUV,makes me think someone let him go and drove away and the pup was looking for a car with a wonderful person in it and he certainly found one.
You know,your hubby should be sooooo proud of you for stopping smoking AND dieting,he should have no resistance to you getting this little pup.:thumbs up

Absolutely, :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
June 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
2sheltiesmom *L* how perfect, wonderful observation!!

luvmypitgrls, anything yet?

No nothing yet, but I know the rescue is extremely busy right now, they are bursting at the seams. I'm sure she'll call me as soon as she has a moment.

Awe thank you chico2. I think hubby is proud of me for quitting smoking and dieting, and maybe you're right, maybe I can use that to my advantage!;). Again I guess the final decision will be the rescue's or my packs..but I'm crossing my fingers on both!

Absolutely, :thumbs up

Ty Love4himies:)

Jim Hall
June 3rd, 2010, 10:20 PM

:D cause woman usually get what they want in the end :lovestruck::dog:

Etown_Chick
June 3rd, 2010, 11:30 PM
LMPG
good on you for jumping to the aid of this poor puppy.....that you named... and bought a collar for........ya, she's your puppy lol

happycats
June 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Any word yet? :fingerscr:goodvibes:
I think this puppy was meant to be yours........she landed in your lap for dog sakes!!! :D

tswtdbc
June 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
So just what I need to start my day ......... I'm bawling like a baby over this story. this is one of those so sad and yet so beautiful stories!

I've seen over and over again, having had dogs my whole life, that dogs choose their owners (even tho we "think" we choose them). You were chosen that day.

If you do manage to work your way aruond hubby and if your doggies accept her, you'll then know it was meant to be. I'm sending prayers for you and keeping fingers crossed. Either way you did a beautiful thing LMPG! :angel:

ancientgirl
June 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Oh my goodness, you are a hero. What a wonderful thing to do. I hope your gang accept this sweet girl. It sounds like you were meant to find her.:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM
LMPG
good on you for jumping to the aid of this poor puppy.....that you named... and bought a collar for........ya, she's your puppy lol

I just believe every dog deserves a collar:), and I'm sure if anyone else here had this girl jump into your laps you would have done the same thing!:D

Any word yet? :fingerscr:goodvibes:
I think this puppy was meant to be yours........she landed in your lap for dog sakes!!! :D

I hope she'll be mine eventurally:fingerscr. And no there's been no word yet :(

So just what I need to start my day ......... I'm bawling like a baby over this story. this is one of those so sad and yet so beautiful stories!

I've seen over and over again, having had dogs my whole life, that dogs choose their owners (even tho we "think" we choose them). You were chosen that day.

If you do manage to work your way aruond hubby and if your doggies accept her, you'll then know it was meant to be. I'm sending prayers for you and keeping fingers crossed. Either way you did a beautiful thing LMPG! :angel:

Well yesterday was my birthday (omg I'm 43!) and hubby asked what I wanted and I said I want to adopt Peanut if we are given the opportunity, and he said, "If the rescue chooses us, and if our dogs will accept her, then I will concede and we'll adopt her". :D:D:D

Oh my goodness, you are a hero. What a wonderful thing to do. I hope your gang accept this sweet girl. It sounds like you were meant to find her.:grouphug:

No AG, I'm not a hero, I did exactly what anyone else on this site would've done, including you. That's the one thing that binds us all together in this world, our love for animals.:D

Frenchy
June 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Well yesterday was my birthday (omg I'm 43!) and hubby asked what I wanted and I said I want to adopt Peanut if we are given the opportunity, and he said, "If the rescue chooses us, and if our dogs will accept her, then I will concede and we'll adopt her". :D:D:D

wooohooo ! :goodvibes: :fingerscr

is her picture on the rescue's website yet ? So we can see her ?

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM
wooohooo ! :goodvibes: :fingerscr

is her picture on the rescue's website yet ? So we can see her ?

I haven't checked yet today....brb.

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM

WhoooooHoooooo! :highfive:

And Happy Birthday, LMPG!!!

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Nope she isn't on the website yet, but I really don't expect her to be for at least a couple weeks.
She needs to gain some weight before she can be spayed so I'm sure they are waiting until after all of that is taken care of.

Frenchy
June 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
oups sorry , I got a little bit too excited about the maybe adoption ....

happy belated birthday lmpg !

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM
WhoooooHoooooo! :highfive:

And Happy Birthday, LMPG!!!

Awe thanks hazelrunpack! It was a strange birthday...no goodies, no cake, no alcoholic beverages! Sometimes being on a diet SUCKS! lmao.

Luvmypitgirls
June 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM
oups sorry , I got a little bit too excited about the maybe adoption ....

happy belated birthday lmpg !

Thank you Frenchy!...and I hear ya I'm excited about the prospect of an adoption myself...altho I shouldn't get my hopes up but I can't help it.

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Awe thanks hazelrunpack! It was a strange birthday...no goodies, no cake, no alcoholic beverages! Sometimes being on a diet SUCKS! lmao.
Ah, but you got something even better! The chance to keep Peanut in the family! :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
June 6th, 2010, 12:44 AM
LMPG...ummm have u called the rescue to keep reminding them that u are interested in adopting this pup? Don't want them to forget about ya.

ancientgirl
June 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Happy 43! We're the same age. :D

I hope you are able to get Peanut. That's one fantastic birthday present.

Tundra_Queen
June 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Any news on Peanut?

hazelrunpack
June 11th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Got any updates, LMPG? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

luckypenny
June 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Wow, am I ever late :o. Happy Belated Birthday, LMPG! Looking forward to a good Peanut update :goodvibes:.

Luvmypitgirls
June 13th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I have not heard back from anyone regarding "Peanut". I'm not giving up hope tho, I know they are extremely busy, and the woman I talked to at the rescue said it could be several weeks before she could be even well enough to be placed for adoption.
If I don't hear anything by Tuesday I will call again.

Luvmypitgirls
June 13th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Hmmm perhaps I'm not being considered for adopting "Peanut", she is up on the rescue site, they've named her Carolina or Caroline.
The rescue is heavencanwait.ca....hope it's alright to post that if not I apologize.

Tundra_Queen
June 13th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Maybe someone posted her without knowing that u wanted to adopt her...maybe one person didn't talk to the other person? Oh maybe they heard that the other guy didn't want to adopt her and they didn't know about u.

Tundra_Queen
June 13th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I tried to find her on the site, but I can only find pics of 5 dogs?

Goldfields
June 13th, 2010, 04:04 AM
The page numbers are at the top and bottom of the descriptions of the dogs, TQ. She is on page two.

ancientgirl
June 13th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Maybe you should try going to the rescue. I'm not sure why they'd post her if they already have someone wanting to adopt her already.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
June 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'd definitely contact them again, LMPG. It says something on the site about the online apps being screwed up the past few days? Did you apply online or by paper app?

It might just be that they're posting her in case it falls through with you, but I'd sure want to touch bases with them again quickly.

chico2
June 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM
She is a sweetie LMPG,they have soo many dogs,there is especially an old boy,looks like a black shepardX,who was just snipped....wish I could give him a home.
Caroline looks more like Peanut to me:lovestruck:
I don't know how badly you want to adopt her,but I am sure nobody here would blame you,if you let her go to another good home,if that happens of course..

Tundra_Queen
June 14th, 2010, 01:25 AM
The page numbers are at the top and bottom of the descriptions of the dogs, TQ. She is on page two.

Thanks Goldfiedls,,,I could only get page 1 to work for me...when I clicked on the other pages they showed nothing......weird.

I'll try again

Tundra_Queen
June 14th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Hhmmm strange...i tried again and all I see is the pg 1...every other page is white with no dogs...weird

Rgeurts
June 14th, 2010, 01:50 AM
What a lucky little puppy to have landed in the lap of someone with a wonderful heart! I hope she is ok and finds a great home if you cannot take her :)

She will be in my :pray:'s tonight!!

tswtdbc
June 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Aaaww, she definitely is a peanut!
I agree with the others, it's probably well worth showing your face there, and frequent calling, so they know you're seriously interested. Hubby sounds like a keeper too, lol! If it moves forward, it will be interesting to then see whether your dogs give the OK too.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Luvmypitgirls
June 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Apparently they are having trouble with the website.
We have decided to have a sit down family meeting tonight to discuss possibly adopting "Peanut". I want everyone on board, I don't want to force a dog on the family if they aren't into it, we do have 4 others to consider.
Of course I want her, but I can't be selfish about it. Whenever I talk about her I get "looks" and sighs from the rest of the clan, so I think it best to sit and talk it out.
I know hubby would let me have her in a heartbeat if that would make me happy, but that isn't fair to him or the kids.
I want to make sure that this is the right thing for us and Peanut.
Sometimes my heart and emotions take over, because I want to save them all...
I was able to help her, and maybe that's all I was meant to do...:(

Tundra_Queen
June 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM
LMPG would u be the one that would be looking after the dog the most? :D

good luck at the meeting I hope they all say yes!!!

:grouphug:

Debbie

Luvmypitgirls
June 16th, 2010, 01:04 AM
LMPG would u be the one that would be looking after the dog the most? :D

good luck at the meeting I hope they all say yes!!!

Debbie

No, we all actually make the same investment in the dogs. Which is why we had a family meeting.
Unfortunately I am outvoted 3 to 1. They haven't ruled out adopting another dog, but they would prefer that we stick to "bully breeds". Of course I understand their arguement, and for the most part I agree.
So, for now there will be no new dog. However, hubby and kids did agree that we could make a monetary donation towards her care, so that's what we'll do.
I'm sure a wonderful home will come along for her, who can give her all the love and care she deserves.
I'm sad, but I know someday I'll be able to open our home to another dog in need.
I'll never forget Peanut, or the circumstances that brought us together for a brief moment, and like all the others she'll be in my heart.

growler~GateKeeper
June 16th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Peanut is such a cutie I'm sure there will be people lining up for her soon. :goodvibes: It's great that your family is going to help out for her care & one day there will be another one in need who will join the family :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
June 16th, 2010, 01:32 AM
That's a shame, LMPG! She would have won them over in the end! But growler is right--there will be a wonderful family looking for her that will be overjoyed when they find her! Just as there's another needy soul out there that your whole family will be overjoyed to find when they see her! :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
June 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
LMPG, what a shame that you got out voted - but very fair of you to give the others a choice. Perhaps you could have the rescue put a note on Peanut's file that should nobody adopt her you be contacted before any decisions are made for her. I don't know the full situation of where she is, but I'm hoping that in this rescue she would be safe forever even if nobody adopts her, but if that's not the case, perhaps they could let you know. But she's so cute I'm sure somebody will come along for her. She's a good size dog for so many families. Perhaps rescuing her was what your purpose in her life was, and bless you for that and for caring.

chico2
June 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
LMPG.I think the family made the right decision,this little girl is so cute,I am sure someone will adopt her.
I know you favor Pitties and they would have a much harder time being adopted,if you decide to adopt another dog.:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
June 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
The rescue she is with will keep her until it's her time to go to the Bridge if that is what is required.
But I'm hoping with some work, she'll be ready to join a family and be the best she can be.
I thought about all the points the family brought up, and today I am a little more at peace with the decision.
I plan on making a monetary donation towards her vetting, proceeds to come from my garage sale, I just need it to stop raining for a couple days to do one!

Jim Hall
June 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM
why would peanut need to go to the bridge?

chico2
June 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM
LMPG,the same question as Jim,is Peanut sick:confused:

Dog Dancer
June 18th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Jim and Chico2 I asked LMPG if the rescue would keep Peanut long term if nobody adopted her. So the answer is yes they would keep her for life if that was the case. Sorry I confused the issues here.

Luvmypitgirls
June 21st, 2010, 11:56 PM
why would peanut need to go to the bridge?

LMPG,the same question as Jim,is Peanut sick:confused:

I'm sorry I didn't articulate myself very well there. Peanut is malnourished but is expected to make a full recovery. What I meant, was that this rescue will keep her, in foster care if need be for the rest of her life if nobody comes along to adopt her.
More than likely the woman that owns the rescue would end up keeping her if that is what it comes to.