Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hating my new neighbors!

Luvmypitgirls
May 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM
These ppl move in across the street, they have a beautiful handsome chocolate Lab named Magnum.
Since they've moved in, I've cleaned up his crap off my neighbors yard next to me twice. They don't have dogs and it's not fair to make them clean it up.
Magnum, has wandered off several times, and twice I've taken him home.
Well he got out again, I could tell cuz "Woody" (his owner looks and dresses like Woody from Toy Story) was out wandering around on Sunday. I went out and asked him if his dog wandered off again and he said yes and I offered to get dressed and help look for him. Then he went on to say he didn't give a f@*k, and if someone found him they can keep him, and so on and so on.
I was speechless, I just looked at him and shook my head. I couldn't believe it. I don't know why I am surprised, afterall their house is full of dead stuffed animals it's like a creepy morgue.
I went looking for Magnum on my own, but to no avail. When I finally came back home "Woody" came over to say his wife found him wandering down by the highway, called him a stupid mutt and a few other choice names. He said they moved from an acreage and Magnum is used to wandering.. I just looked at him and said glad his dog was safe. He asked me if I was out looking for him, and I just said I had to get inside and walked away. I was fuming.
I wanted to tell him that an acreage is a lot different than a busy town with busy roads, but I'm sure it would've fell on deaf ears anyway.

joeysmama
May 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I have no patience for people who don't protect their dogs. :evil: And they usually get mad at the dog for not reasoning like a human. So many times I've wished that Cooper and Raven could understand at least the way a 2 year old does so that I could explain things to them but they aren't people. Okay they think they are, and we treat them like our babies, but still. We have to protect them. That's a huge part of having pets !

chico2
May 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
LMPG,I soo understand your frustration,you cannot help caring about other animals in the neighborhood.
I have been told on many occasions"it's not your pet,why do you care?",but we have to speak up,if we know of neglect or abuse.
It always bothers me to no end and I just HAVE to do something.
This man seems to be a real jerk and I ask myself,why he has a dog in the first place:evil:
At least the pup has you,who cares,but one day he probably will end up under a car:(

Longblades
May 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Show him this article I just posted. Maybe a little monetary concern would convince him to look after his dog? Maybe not.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=922026#post922026

Frenchy
May 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Then he went on to say he didn't give a f@*k, and if someone found him they can keep him, and so on and so on.

I would have asked him why the heck did he get a dog in the first place ? !! :wall:

Luvmypitgirls
June 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Update on Magnum.

Last night Magnum, tried to wander off again, this time however he only made it across the busy intersection before "Woody" realized it.:rolleyes:
Traffic stopped for Magnum who seemed confused as to what he should do, "Woody" went out into the intersection and grabbed him.
Then he lifted Magnum up by his collar so his back feet were barely touching the ground, shook him and then dropped him down and kicked him hard a couple times! I watched, my blood boiling I yelled across the street, "Yeah that's right tuff guy, beat your dog for your lack of ability to train him, for your lack of responsibility!" To which I received a one finger salute.
I told him if I see that happen again I will report him to bylaw,( I've got my video camera by the front window ready to record), I'll catch the creep hitting his dog and then I will work feverishly to make sure the dog is apprehended and sent somewhere safe.
If I catch him wandering, I'll drive Magnum to the other end of the province if I have to, to make sure they don't get him back. He's not microchipped or tatooed, I asked that the last time he went missing.
I am seething, I wanna just grab "Woody" and give him a taste of his own medicine.:mad:

chico2
June 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
LMPG,I sooo understand how you feel,been there myself:(
The frustration,the anger,worry about the dog and having to deal with a jerk owner,can give you sleepless nights,which will only be cured when you know the dog is safe:pawprint:
I hope you'll have a solution soon:pray:

Melinda
June 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
if only you could ship him to ontario, I'm sure I could find him a good home.

Luvmypitgirls
June 3rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
LMPG,I sooo understand how you feel,been there myself:(
The frustration,the anger,worry about the dog and having to deal with a jerk owner,can give you sleepless nights,which will only be cured when you know the dog is safe:pawprint:
I hope you'll have a solution soon:pray:

You are right it is extremely frustrating, especially when you see the sadness in the dogs eyes, it's obvious he doesn't understand the angry being doled upon him.

if only you could ship him to ontario, I'm sure I could find him a good home.

Ohhh I so wish! Ya never know....

joeysmama
June 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I would absolutely grab that dog and take him in at the very first opportunity. That's not theft. It's rescue !!

Why does the idiot even want a dog if he's going to not care about the dog's safety and mistreat it??:wall:

ancientgirl
June 4th, 2010, 12:59 PM
What an A-hole! I swear, if you know you can't be responsible, then why get a pet? Too bad someone can't kick him a little. I hope Magnum wanders into a better life. He deserves it for having to live with the losers he does.:frustrated:

joeysmama
June 4th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm in a panic when we sit on the deck because there are owls out and the doggies are small. Also, Raven is a mighty hunter and who knows what would happen if a rogue squirrel ran by. Cooper doesn't do the steps so if I keep my eye on the sky and watch out for predators he's okay. Raven must be set up with a good length of leash, and there has to be fresh water out there, and a shaded area and a treat or two.

Takes me 20 minutes to safety proof the deck and this idiot kicks his dog !?!?!?!?!?:frustrated:

Bluedrake
June 9th, 2010, 06:14 AM
what a jerk!:wall:
I hope the dog escapes and finds a good home. Jeez, some people are just so stupid.:yell:

Sunshine171
June 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
In CA you can report anything you deem abuse to an animal and the animal cops will come and check on the dog and the yard for escapes...you might give that a try....that kind of stuff just makes me irrate! I have called on my neighbors dogs a few times. I have seen his dogs have skin issues, cry(so sad), be bred over and over again w/o being cared for...made me so mad so I called and they took his dogs. Now he has more but they are a different breed. I'm begining to see the same behavior starting with the older two minus being bred, they have an interest now in pits...so needless to say I'm gonna be watching...

DoubleRR
June 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Been there--took the dog for a long ride to a rescue. People came and accused me of stealing the dog. I said I hadn't seen it. They fumed. BUT they did not replace the dog. I think they knew what would happen if they did. :mad: