Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Golden Retriever - St-Hubert

coppperbelle
May 26th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Someone just brought me a male golden that had been found in the area of Nantel and Maricourt blvd. in St-Hubert. He is probably about 4 or 5 years old. If you know of anyone looking him, have them give me a call at 450-656-5477

Frenchy
May 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
We need a rescue to help with this golden. Or someone who could foster him until we can find a rescue for him. Anyone available ?

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Please for the love of Dawg - do not take to SCDD.

Let me make a phone call. Hang on for at least a day. Is that possible?

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I just PM'd you. Please respond if you can. This way I will know what direction to take...one or none.
Thanks.

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the response.

Everyone - I am failing miserably here. If anyone can open their home to this dog for a few days - (even just 2 days) then I can get this dog to safety.

Frenchy
May 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the response.

Everyone - I am failing miserably here. If anyone can open their home to this dog for a few days - (even just 2 days) then I can get this dog to safety.

or if anyone can drive him to AMR in St-Constant , then I could pull him out later ... sorry I can't help myself , after loosing my job 3 1/2 months ago , and still no money coming in (like nothing) I can't even use my car too much right now.

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
or if anyone can drive him to AMR in St-Constant , then I could pull him out later ... sorry I can't help myself , after loosing my job 3 1/2 months ago , and still no money coming in (like nothing) I can't even use my car too much right now.

Ok this is completely sucking...there is hardly time to do much at this point. My one last option is taking forever to confirm. I need only one word..either yes or no...

aslan
May 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
is the dog in danger of being put down ladies?

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 02:18 PM
is the dog in danger of being put down ladies?

Well where he will go there is very little chance of survival...so yes. We are all trying to help to avoid this but with little time there is absolutely limited options.

diandpat
May 27th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Where is he now? I can't get to the South Shore today (it's already 3:20) but can probably get that way tomorrow morning. Depending how he manages with my zoo, might be able to keep him for a few days. It really depends how he is with my gang...things are just settling down around here :p

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
ok - arrangements have been made thanks to some very helpful people at a certain place.

can anyone say PHEWWW.

Frenchy
May 27th, 2010, 02:28 PM
ok - arrangements have been made thanks to some very helpful people at a certain place.

can anyone say PHEWWW.

:highfive: thanks BM :thumbs up

aslan
May 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
phew.....you rock BM:grouphug:

BenMax
May 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
phew.....you rock BM:grouphug:

I have been crapping my pants...not pleasant.:o

chico2
May 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM
BenMax,our miracleworker:grouphug:
Also a thank you to copperbelle:grouphug:

coppperbelle
May 27th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Thank you Benmax for making arrangements for him. It took 2 1/2 hours sitting in traffic but he is there safe and sound. Whe he was brought to me yesterday I was really certain that someone would be looking for this boy so I took him in rather than sending him to the SCDD. When no one did I knew I was in deep doodoo for not thinking past my nose . I saw a dog with kennel cough, exhausted and in distress from being on the run in extreme temperatures and couldn't turn him away but I didn't think about what would happen if no one claimed him.

I apologize for the short notice and not being able to hold him for a few more days but it just wasn't possible right now.

Thank you again and if I can help you out in the future, please let me know.

p.s. Thank you Frenchy for your help also.

Love4himies
May 28th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Wahoo, BenMax :angel:, Frenchy :angel: and Copperbelle :angel:

Frenchy
May 28th, 2010, 09:28 AM
:thumbs up he's now safe ! And if he can shake that kennel cough soon , I may have a rescue to take him. I just hope it's not that fatal kennel cough I'm hearing about these days. :fingerscr

BenMax
May 28th, 2010, 11:20 AM
:thumbs up he's now safe ! And if he can shake that kennel cough soon , I may have a rescue to take him. I just hope it's not that fatal kennel cough I'm hearing about these days. :fingerscr

I am going to check on him afterwork. Frenchy - I think between both of us we can help him. But in the meantime - he is safe.

michellemero
June 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hey Benmax,are there any updates? how is this fellow doing?