Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cross Posting-OUR SWEETIE STAR AKA CHLOE HAS BEEN LOST SINCE FRIDAY MAY 21ST IN BROSS

diandpat
May 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Our sweetie star aka chloe has been lost since friday may 21st in brossard

she was rescued from puppy mill in march and a loud noise scared her so she crawled underneath fence in backyard and escaped. We have searched everywhere but she has not been found. She can be anywere even in neighboring cities by now or maybe even taken to montreal. We;ve contacted spca, amr, scdd and berger blanc except they wont open file since they dont accept from that municpality....

We urgently need volunteers to hand out flyers, post them at vets, pet stores etc etc in brossard and neighboring areas.

Reward is offered for her safe return

diandpat
May 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Poor little thing is still out there in this heat.

Was able to post a pic...hopefully today someone will see her :fingerscr

BenMax
May 26th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Please contact SCDD as they are the municipal pound. You must go there and see for yourself as they are not the most honest. Also, contact SPCA Monteregie a no kill shelter (a compassionate organization).

I also suggest the vet clinic on Tashereau (near Rome blvd). They get some strays at time and then transfer the dog or cat to SCDD.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes open. Where about in Brossard?

diandpat
May 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
No idea where BenMax...I am only cross posting from Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/note.php?note_id=394333989822&id=1120066453&ref=mf

BenMax
May 26th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Could you please post on their facebook to contact the vet on Tashereau Blvd near Rome Blvd? I do not have access to facebook.

diandpat
May 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Done BM...also trying to narrow down where in Brossard she was lost. No updates so far this afternoon :(

BenMax
May 26th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Done BM...also trying to narrow down where in Brossard she was lost. No updates so far this afternoon :(

I live in Brossard so the whereabouts would be important. The vet clinic I mentioned actually do take in strays and forward to the SCDD. I have taken 2 dogs from them and because they were never claimed we adopted them to families. At SCDD they would have died for certain.

Thanks for posting on FB. Hope they get their dog back.

diandpat
June 23rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
This is the Facebook update on this poor pooch...

"STAR HAS BEEN SPOTTED TONIGHT IN BROSSARD ON LEFITTE AND LEMELIN STREETS! PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT IN THAT AREA!"

Must be soooooooo frustrating to know where she is and not be able to get to her :wall::wall::wall:

Apparently she is in some fields behind the houses. They can see her but she is too skittish :(

More info from Facebook...

"spent 4hours until 3am trying to catch her its simply impossible! she is terrified and runs away they second she sees you. we tried cornering her but she got under fence. we tried luring her with food but no luck. we really need a big team of volunteers to help find her and catch her and corner her. this poor baby has been living in the field for 5 weeks shes a small poodle/shih tzu (see pic in our profile pic) she was rescued from a puppy mill she is terrified but this is no life to be living on the streets."

hazelrunpack
June 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
I hope someone can catch her soon! 5 weeks is more than long enough to be lost and alone. :(

diandpat
June 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I hope someone can catch her soon! 5 weeks is more than long enough to be lost and alone. :(

Especially for a former puppy mill dog...she had just been rescued :( She doesn't realize these humans are not trying to hurt her :cry:

Shaykeija
June 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I hope you catch her soon. Poor little thing....When she comes home give her a hug from all of us.:grouphug:

Dog Dancer
June 24th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Well it's a start that she is there, what about a live trap?? Is she afraid to come to her owners as well?? Sorry I wasn't sure about that in the post. Poor little soul. Let these folks help you puppers.

diandpat
June 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
She is a puppy mill dog that they have only had since March...it can take a long long time for puppy mill survivors to "get" living in a loving home with loving humans.

I think there are people out there today looking :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr

It is a very good sign that there have at least been sightings after all this time...maybe she is running out of steam and is ready to come home :goodvibes:

Frenchy
June 24th, 2010, 05:56 PM
She is a puppy mill dog that they have only had since March...it can take a long long time for puppy mill survivors to "get" living in a loving home with loving humans.

Yes it does :(

I sure hope they can catch her :fingerscr

diandpat
December 6th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Incredibly this poor soul is still out there being fed scraps by humans but terrified every time someone approaches.

" have seen it in Brossard on Naples, Neuville and Nantel area. It is being fed by a woman who lives on Neuville near the corner of Naples. She throws food down to it from her apartment balcony. It runs away when approached. Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated!!!"

It is getting so cold at night...poor thing doesn't know they are trying to help :(

Dog Dancer
December 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I have to say I am shocked this little soul is still alive! Did they try trapping her? I hope she lets herself get caught soon, poor thing. It's hard to imagine her making it through a winter.

Love4himies
December 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Poor girl, she needs to get caught. :( :goodvibes:

Are there any sedatives that could be put in her food to slow her down so she can be caught, or even a live trap as DD suggested?

diandpat
December 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Don't know the details but incredibly this lucky soul was finally caught and is at the Vet right now with her foster mom. Hopefully they realize now how determined she is and will not have access to the outdoors without at least one if not two leashes :thumbs up:thumbs up:highfive:

Dog Dancer
December 7th, 2010, 04:36 PM
So glad to hear she's caught finally. Hopefully she is well and won't escape ever again.

rainbow
December 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Great news .....what an amazing little survivor she is. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Holy catz!! That's amazing! And I'm so happy for all involved! What an incredible relief it must be!!!