Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two huge losses in 10 days

Goldfields
May 23rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
On Saturday I had to make that awful decision and send our lovely gentle Shady to the Bridge. The poor old girl had leg problems I just knew we couldn't fix or help her with so this was the kindest thing I could do for her. :cry: We helped Tammy for 3 1/2 years with her hind leg problems but because so much of a dog's weight is carried over the front, there was nothing we could do for Shady. Doesn't seem fair. Losing 3 sheltie girls since February is a bit shattering and I hope there won't be any more losses, although with the cattle dogs being close to their 14th birthdays you just never know.
Hope my girls are back together at the Bridge. Here is Shady in her younger days.

luckypenny
May 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
:candle: Shady :candle:

lindapalm
May 23rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Shady was a beautiful Sheltie, her coloring was gorgeous. Did she have the same problems ours had with walking on her back legs? I'm so sorry, goldfields, I still feel bad losing ours in February, I can't imagine three.

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
:candle: Shady

14+kitties
May 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
:candle::rip:Shady :candle:

catlover2
May 23rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss of 3 dogs in such a short time. That's absolutely devastating! :grouphug: Shady was certainly a beautiful girl. :rip: Shady

growler~GateKeeper
May 23rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Shady :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Goldfields
May 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM
lindapalm, no, I could wish it had been that problem seeing my vet was such an expert with doing support casts for Tammy, but no, this was the front legs and there was nothing we could do really. Poor girl. I shan't be getting another sheltie once mine are gone, I could not go through this sort of thing again. :( It was never a worry with cattle dogs. I like those dark shaded sables too, 3 of her sons are a lot like her, while the other is a red shaded sable.
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Dog Dancer
May 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Goldfields, my heart breaks for you with yet another loss. How crushing. :candle: play at the bridge with the others sweet Shady, no more pain :candle:

Love4himies
May 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry, goldfields :grouphug:

:rip: Shady, there is no pain in Heaven :candle:

mastifflover
May 26th, 2010, 08:08 AM
:rip: to your beautiful babies. My heart goes out to you just know they are together now, and Shady is no longer in pain

Goldfields
May 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I am trying, right now, not to think too much about my darling girls that have gone on ahead, it upsets me so much. Instead I worry about my other oldies and give the remaining shelties, the bitches especially, extra TLC in case they are missing their buddies.

cassiek
May 26th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Goldfields, I am so sorry to hear of your recent losses.

:candle: Shady

Dee-O-Gee
May 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM
So sorry to hear of this Goldfields.

:rip:Shady and Sugar. :candle:

FurbabyNetwork
May 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Deepest condolences....I am 100% sure they are all running free, hair blowing and just knowing, in what will seem like 5 minutes to them, that you will see them soon...

Goldfields
May 29th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Oh darn, that was so touching that I reached for a tissue, only to find the box empty. Thank you though. I'd like to think that Shady especially would be doing that. She was very fast and agile as a young bitch. She was quite amazing really, if I was sitting outside with a dog on my lap she would often just leap up and slot herself between it and my body. Her most memorable leap was when she arrived at a gallop, jumped over another dog and landed soft as a cat on my lap. Nice memories of our gentle girl.

wendy205
May 31st, 2010, 05:54 AM
its so sad to hear of your loses, you have to give yourself time to greive , its not easy after all said and done but my thoughts are with you at this sad time,
memorie will live forever in our hearts:candle::angel2::rip:
yours wendy205:grouphug: