Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello from Diane and Puppykins

NancyDiane
May 22nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Brand new to this site. My daughter gave me her 7 year old dog (miniature poodle/miniature doberman?) yesterday . He has short black curly hair. Most people think Puppykins is ugly but honestly he is cute as a button. My daughter and her family have a very busy life. She has a husband, 4 year old and 15month old. She teaches High School Chemistry, Math and Physics. Her husband is a policeman. So needless to say Puppykins was left alone a lot. I am disabled, multiple back surgeries, etc... I have been lonely as well, so me and Puppykins hopefully will make a good match. I have walked him about every 3 or 4 hours yesterday and today. I need to walk to help my back and he needs to walk for many reasons. I have MANY questions about the correct care of my dog, that's how I found this site, when I typed in a question about the care of dogs on google, it brought up the link for this site.
I have found that forums are the best way to get good advice from people who have lived it, whatever "it" is! I really am looking forward to looking around at the different threads and also asking for help, for help with whatever may crop up with my new dog!

shirley1011
May 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Welcome and you will gets lots of good advise here from some very knowledgeable folks.
What a great gift your daughter has given you...a win win for you both and your daughter can still get to see Puppykins!

Sounds like you will be good for each other.

Glad you found the site and look forward to seeing your around!

serenamlambe
May 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hello Diane! I'm new to this forum, as well, and I have already received some valuable advice from all the folks here! You'll enjoy having a pup, I can assure you. They're wonderful company :)

One recent thread that I found interesting was "Purina Dog Chow" and I advise you check it out. Picking a good food is one of the first steps to having a happy and healthy pup :)

Dee-O-Gee
May 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'm sure you will find a boat load of information here on this sight just as I have for some time.

One thing for sure is that we're all picture heavy and if you have time to share a few pictures of your new furbaby--we'd all love to see some! :thumbs up

65650 to the board NancyDiane and Puppykins.

14+kitties
May 22nd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Welcome! I'm surprised it took till the 3rd person to request pics. Tsk tsk gals. We are losing it. :D
Sounds like you and PK have found the perfect match. :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
May 23rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
hI

Welcome to the forum!! Would love to see pics of your pup!

Debbie

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the board, NancyDiane!

It sounds like this is going to be a good match for both of you! :highfive: And we really do need to see some pics! :D