Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What kind of dog do you like? Please respond.

animalperson
May 22nd, 2010, 05:51 AM
My favorite dog is a Dalmation. What's yours? :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2010, 09:41 AM
I used to own 3 Goldens (they're now over at Rainbow Bridge :rip: :( ) Since then , I adopted lots of different breeds , love them all. Even the little breeds that I didn't know I would like so much. :o

So now , I can tell you , if I had to choose only one breed .... would be hard but I would have to say : Golden Retrievers.

I miss having a Golden here :(

But I also love very much my Great Dane , my Kelpie , my Pyrenee , and my little Pom :evil: :laughing: and these are all breeds that I would own again. But for the Pyrenee , it would have to be a very well socialized dog , as if they're not , you can have a few problems with them. And for the Kelpie ... I don't think I could find another one here in Quebec , they're pretty rare around here but this is a wonderful breed :lovestruck:

t.pettet
May 22nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Poms:evil:, have 2 presently, they're energetic, very smart and know how to wrangle anyone around their little paws, as Frenchie now knows. They can be a handful to unsuspecting adoptees since they look so angelic, also love collies & shelties - am drawn to the real fluffy breeds but any dog that needs help & love will receive it.

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Poms:evil:, have 2 presently, they're energetic, very smart and know how to wrangle anyone around their little paws, as Frenchie now knows.

As I type this , Jack (the Pom) just "attacked" / jumped on Nelly (a great dane) because she and Sienna were playing ruff :headslap: but that's mostly Sienna's doing ! Not Nelly's.

yes , they are a handful :p

I read the tittle of this thread again : what kind of dog do you like ?

and it's something I wanted to add , I do have breeds that I like because of their quirks and looks. But mostly , I fall in love with the dog , his/her temperament , and the problem is , I'm not too picky :laughing: I love them all :o When I started to foster Sienna , I thought she looked so so ... but she is so funny , loving , listens well , she's such a good dog , that makes her soo cute . :lovestruck:

let's not forget adopting older dogs , they're so thankful and give back 200% in love. :cloud9:

so basicly .... I'm a sucker for any dogs , as long as they're not aggressive , they're perfect to me :shrug:

Melinda
May 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
any large mixed breed black dog........

Chaser
May 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
A homeless dog...

I have a particular soft spot for German Shepherds, Black Labs and Rotties...mixes of these three breeds are especially nice I think.

joeysmama
May 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
It's so funny to see this this morning becaue about an hour ago I was snuggling with the doggies and I said to my husband "I'm a sucker for a shih tzu!"

We originally wanted a bigger dog. I was thinking about adopting an older portugese water dog and my husband wanted a shepherd. Then life happened and (insert lots of stuff that would bore you here) and we went to a small dog adoption day and came home with a foofie shih tzu which was on my lsit of breeds I did NOT want.

We're now on our third tzu. The vets assistant who prefers big dog breeds told us that of all the small breeds she loves the shih tzu because "they got the whole dog in there." :laughing:

But I think for everyone the best dog is the one you love and care for no matter what.

Ours have all had very different personalities. Joey was a cranky guy...bite you quicker than look at you. But we loved him to PIECES !! Cooper is a big baby, afraid of dogs and he thinks he's a child not a dog. Raven is a foofie prissy little girl and if she were human I'm sure we would be going for mani/pedi's but get her outside and she tried to take down a whole herd of deer by herself. She chased 6 of them into the woods with Tom hanging on the end of the leash for dear life!! She's 11 pounds of feisty!

Mirela
May 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Husky!
I love everything about them but I know that they're not the dog for me...or I'm not he right owner for them... so...I just admire from a distance.

AngelaM
May 23rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
I love mixed dogs. There are so many different kinds and some can be very unique. My cousin has a mixed dog he found in a DUMPSTER as a puppy and he is soooo cute. All white with black spots and long hair. As far as specific breeds, I would say boxers <3 . They are so playful and such clowns but very intelligent. My boxer surprises me every day with new things.

Etown_Chick
May 23rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
I love all dogs! Well most dogs.. but am partial to terriers (despite the stubbornness, or is it because of it?), Staffies, Rotties are my faves.
The only ones I don't like are german shepards, but they're the only dogs who've ever attacked me...