Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Birthday Tegan!!

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Happy Birthday Tegan! 65595

65597Our ssweet girl is 8 years old today! And Mommy brought her home a big soup bone from the grocery store, something she has never had before.

And Mindy and Tegan spent the afternoon eating bones on the patio. :D Tegan got her marrow out, but Mindy didn't. Though she sure had fun trying. :laughing: I'll have to try to find a smaller bonefor her.

hazelrunpack
May 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
happy birthday, Tegan!!!!

Yum!! A soup bone! And a party with Mindy! :highfive: Sounds like a great day! :dog:

Winston
May 21st, 2010, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday Tegan! What a beauty! what they had bones and we have no proof?? :laughing:

14+kitties
May 21st, 2010, 09:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEGAN!!!! Sounds like she had a great time chewing on the bone. Quite a few firsts for her the last couple of days. :cloud9::thumbs up What a sweetie!!

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 10:39 PM
happy birthday, Tegan!!!!

Yum!! A soup bone! And a party with Mindy! :highfive: Sounds like a great day! :dog:

Yep a party with Mindy!

Happy Birthday Tegan! What a beauty! what they had bones and we have no proof?? :laughing:

I know I know...I'm bad for not getting pics. LOL Gee I thought hazel was gonna nail me for that one. She always gets after me cause I forget the camera. LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEGAN!!!! Sounds like she had a great time chewing on the bone. Quite a few firsts for her the last couple of days. :cloud9::thumbs up What a sweetie!!

14+ Seeing Eye always told us not to feed the dogs bones,,,but I told hubs that if they aren't cooked they won't splinter. That my buds on Pets said so! So Tegan is getting one as I would have to clean it up if she threw up anyways. :p :laughing:

TeriM
May 22nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEGAN!!

You are a beautiful girl :lovestruck:.

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
happy belated birthday Tegan !

what a beautiful girl :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
May 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1008/1008746a1j2faq5tb.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I hope you had a great birthday and may you have many more!

luckypenny
May 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Tegan!!! What a sweet gentle face :lovestruck:!

Love4himies
May 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TEGAN! Wow two birthday pups :thumbs up Hope you enjoyed your bone. :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
May 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
thaks everyone!! Tegan had a nice day!

Except she got poopies from the bone. :( I'm thinking maybe next time I can soak the bone in hot wter first and scrape all the meat and marrow out? It will at least give her good exercise for her teetth.

14+kitties
May 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
thaks everyone!! Tegan had a nice day!

Except she got poopies from the bone. :( I'm thinking maybe next time I can soak the bone in hot wter first and scrape all the meat and marrow out? It will at least give her good exercise for her teetth.

I bet if she got them on a regular basis the runs would soon pass. It's just because it's a new food for her. If you gave her one or two a week she would be fine.
I know Seeing Eye has some rules you are supposed to adhere to but...... are you planning on keeping her after she retires or does she go back to them? I think if you are planning on keeping her then you should be able to make some decisions as to what she eats. The gentleman I know who trains is quite knowledgeable about raw and grain free foods for his pups. Goose, his 13th guide dog, has had some issues with foods so he has been doing some research. :thumbs up Maybe he can help change some ideas. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
May 23rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
Happy belated Birthday Tegan! :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
May 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
I bet if she got them on a regular basis the runs would soon pass. It's just because it's a new food for her. If you gave her one or two a week she would be fine.
I know Seeing Eye has some rules you are supposed to adhere to but...... are you planning on keeping her after she retires or does she go back to them? I think if you are planning on keeping her then you should be able to make some decisions as to what she eats. The gentleman I know who trains is quite knowledgeable about raw and grain free foods for his pups. Goose, his 13th guide dog, has had some issues with foods so he has been doing some research. :thumbs up Maybe he can help change some ideas. :fingerscr

14+ they aren't rules, just suggestions as they found some dogs swallowed slivers of bones etc and got very sick.

And no, Tegan is Gary's dog. When any of our dogs retire they stay with us to live out the rest of their lives. To us they are pets that have a job. *S*

The guy u know that trains guide dogs does he do it for the Oakville school? Seeing Eye is n the States, Morristown, NJ. That is actually where Gary and I met.

Happy belated Birthday Tegan! :cloud9:

thanks growler. :D