Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They played!! They played!!

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 02:12 AM
Mindy and Tegan Played!! *jumping up and down*http://http://usera.imagecave.com/DebbieOntario/Smiley/smileyjumpsmiley.gif

I had them both out on the patio after working in the garden. Me, not the dogs... :laughing:

I was sitting relaxing and talking to them and Tegan went up to Mindy and sniffed her and Mindy sniffed back, then the front legs went down and the bum up and they started doing the little play charges at each other and batting a bit with the paws and running around on the patio. :laughing: They were both panting and Tegan was sooooooooo excieted!! She finally has a little play buddy! It didn't last too long a couple of minutes. But at least Mindy knows that Tegan won't hurt her, so maybe it will last longer the next time.

Debbie :crazy::D:D

Love4himies
May 21st, 2010, 07:45 AM
Wahoo :thumbs up :highfive:.

TQ, I don't know if I missed the story behind Mindy, but wasn't she a show dog and you adopted her from a rescue?

Frenchy
May 21st, 2010, 10:13 AM
yippeeee ! That must be so funny to see ! :crazy:

Dog Dancer
May 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Excellent, I'm sure they'll figure it allout in no time now. :thumbs up Actually, you'll probably be sorry about that at some point! :laughing:

joeysmama
May 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Congratulations !!!

I can't wait for that day to happen over here. Cooper doesn't get it. Raven tries to get him to play and he gets excited and grabs a toy and wants US to play. He gets that it's playtime he just doesn't get that they can play with each other !!

14+kitties
May 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad!! Tegan will be happy to have something else beside the kitties crawling all over her now. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh, that's wonderful, TQ!!! Mindy is really coming around! :highfive:

diandpat
May 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah!!! What a great moment...hopefully the bond will get stronger and stronger. Nice to have a playmate :highfive:

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Wahoo :thumbs up :highfive:.

TQ, I don't know if I missed the story behind Mindy, but wasn't she a show dog and you adopted her from a rescue?

L4H, Yes Mindy was a show dog and doesn't know about toys or a lot of commands but she is learning. Shay helped me get her from the kennel Mindy was at. I just love having her here with me. It's so nice to have company in the garden and to go for a walk and have company too! She is getting me out of the house like I use to be. (Hubs is not an outdoor person and is getting less and less so because of his dizziness.) So with all the walks Mindy and I have been taking I am losing a bit of weight too! :D And Mindy loves our walks too. We both have to rest often, but we are having a blast!!

yippeeee ! That must be so funny to see ! :crazy:

It is a little strange to see the height difference. :laughing: Tegan's about 75lbs and Mindy's 13lbs.

Excellent, I'm sure they'll figure it allout in no time now. :thumbs up Actually, you'll probably be sorry about that at some point! :laughing:

Dog Dancer, actually I won't mind having the dogs play in the house. We use to have 2 black labs and a german shepherd and umm they would get a bit rambuncous at times! :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Congratulations !!!

I can't wait for that day to happen over here. Cooper doesn't get it. Raven tries to get him to play and he gets excited and grabs a toy and wants US to play. He gets that it's playtime he just doesn't get that they can play with each other !!

How old is Cooper and Raven and how long have u had Cooper? Has Cooper ever seen Raven playing with another dog? Maybe if u could somehow set that up, Cooper would realize that dogs have fun playing with other dogs?

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad!! Tegan will be happy to have something else beside the kitties crawling all over her now. :cloud9:

Yes I think she will love having Mindy as a playmate. She likes the kitties but they just don't play like dogs. :D

Oh, that's wonderful, TQ!!! Mindy is really coming around! :highfive:

hazel, yes I'm so proud of Mindy. She has learnt a few commands though still has a ways to go, but I'm not pushing her. We're just taking our time.

Tundra_Queen
May 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah!!! What a great moment...hopefully the bond will get stronger and stronger. Nice to have a playmate :highfive:

Thanks Diandpat. Mindy had a little buddy at the kennel but I wasn't able to adopt her at the time and I felt really bad. Her buddy use to stick up for Mindy when the others tried to pick on her. :( So I'm hoping that She will realize that Tegan can be her buddy too!

joeysmama
May 21st, 2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think it's a great idea to let him see some doggie play time !

I'm sooo happy that Mindy has been doing so well. It sure says a lot about the love and care she's been getting since she came to you !!:lovestruck:

Shaykeija
May 21st, 2010, 11:49 PM
SNICKER...SNICKER.....I knew that little fart would worm her way into your heart....LOL I was sure she would come around just like Tyra did. She gets Quincy by the tail and pulls him backwards....

TeriM
May 22nd, 2010, 02:33 AM
Woohoo, that is wonderful news :thumbs up.

Tundra_Queen
May 22nd, 2010, 03:19 AM
SNICKER...SNICKER.....I knew that little fart would worm her way into your heart....LOL I was sure she would come around just like Tyra did. She gets Quincy by the tail and pulls him backwards....

:laughing::laughing: Well it didn't take her long to have a place in my heart...I'm easy that way! :laughing:

We will be doing the bone and patio thing later on today..cause it's someone else's birthday in the family on the 22nd!! :D:D

Woohoo, that is wonderful news :thumbs up.

Thanks Teri. I'm hoping the play times will keep coming. *S*