Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat overly friendly

Jo`
September 5th, 2004, 07:24 PM
My cat(of 3 years) is acting very strangre she keeps following me around every where i go, meowing(long ones and she is not in heat) at me when i sit down she sits on me when i get up she folows me around meowing wanting to sit or be by agin, then when i stroke her back or even touch her she makes a quick moew(groanish type) i am concerned cause she never done this before(not even in heat) is there something wrong with her anything hurting her?

badger
September 5th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Hard to say. My cat tends to follow me around when he's sick and his voice changes - more like complaining. Are her ears unusually hot? Could indicate a fever. If you have a thermometer, you might want to take her temperature (I have a special one for the cats; you don't want to be sharing!). Anything over 102.5 F is abnormal. When I took Simon in the other day, his was 110 and climbing. He's better now - love those antibiotics.
The fact that she groans when you touch her isn't a good sign.
Vet!

Jo`
September 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Well it isnt much of a groan when i touch her just a low meow but when she is sitting on me she seems to be quite and content. and her ears are cold so it can't be a fever.

badger
September 5th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Maybe she's just feeling needy - they do have their own little characters, don't they. I wouldn't worry, if she's doing all the usual things, she's probably alright.

chico2
September 6th, 2004, 09:52 AM
She could be a Velcro-Cat :D I have one of those....endearing and sweet,but not always practical :)

Lucky Rescue
September 6th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Is she spayed? I notice you mention her being in heat, so I'll assume she's not.

There are complications from having repeated heats, including pyometra and malignant tumours, and she could be in pain, so I suggest a vet visit and a spay.

chico2
September 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Lucky,I am glad you pointed that out,it completely went by me....she could be sick and definetly needs to be spayed...
My Chico is a Velcro-cat and I know he's perfectly healthy,he just always needs to be within petting-distance to make sure Vinnie does not get too much attention :D