Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kennel Reduc. Bulldog X- advice

Sheriffmom
September 5th, 2004, 09:15 AM
The Toronto Star has a classified (and I quote) English Bulldog X, adults, kennel reduction, not house broken, from $1000. 519-698-2077. Does this sound fishy to anyone else? My stomache dropped when I read it. I have a Bulldog, and the above add just seems really wrong to me. What do I do?

sammiec
September 5th, 2004, 09:35 AM
English bulldogs are very expensive. A friend of mine has two. The price doesn't seem that outrageous. Not sure what they mean by kennel reduction... and some people just don't have the time and energy to put into training a dog and they are probably just sick of cleaning after them. These type of people seem to think that the dog is just supposed to "get it"and they know not to go in the house. :( :mad:
This add doesn't seem all that strange to me, I have heard worse. Like: "Will trade pit bull for pit bull." :mad:

LavenderRott
September 5th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Since these are bull dog mixes, I would assume that this is a puppymill that is getting rid of dogs that don't produce.

sammiec
September 5th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Opps, I missed that they were crosses! Yup, I agree with LavR.

Sheriffmom
September 5th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Owning a Bulldog pup (from a reputable breeder) I do know how $$$ they are!! I also know how smart they are. Sheriff was pretty much house trained (pads @ first due to the severe cold) by 8weeks. What sounded strange to me was "not housebroken" because it sounds to me like maybe the dogs have never been in a house. Most Bully's don't want to be near their waste, so will avoid going anywhere near where they live. It is also obvious that they were breeding these Eng. Bully cross's, which also doesn't seem right to me. I don't know, maybe I am just being over sensitive because I own one, and know the kind of care and love they require??