- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Nervous mama and an upcoming spay

May 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I've been dragging my feet and really can't wait any longer. We got Raven in December. She's 3 years old and she was in heat when we got her. My vet said he likes to wait to wait a few months. I was thinking March but it's been muddy and I thought if I could put it off until the spring it would be better for her incision. Here it is May and it turns out I'm just a coward.

Of course she will be spayed !! Cooper is neutered and she is never unsupervised with other dogs and doesn't come in contact with intact males but that doesn't mean that I don't want her spayed for her health. I'm just dragging my feet because I am so worried about putting her under.

She's tiny and sweet and she's my baby dog.

But we're going to the vet this week and will bite the bullet next week. Tell me how very very very safe this is !!! :pray:

May 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Awwwww, :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:. Everybody worries about their pets when they have to have surgery. I foster kittens who get spayed and neutered at 3lbs and have never had an issue (but I do worry with every one of them :o). I do ask that the vet tech call me when they are out of surgery so I can relax until I pick them up.

Sending lots of :goodvibes: for your Raven.

May 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Tell me how very very very safe this is !!! :pray:

I had many females spayed (mine and fosters) too many to count , there never was any problem. :) the hardest is to keep them calm after the surgery :p