Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a few that are blooming now..

chico2
May 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM
only a few,but OMD,did all that rain make everything sprout,still too darn cold though:frustrated:

chico2
May 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Not very good with names,but the Tulips I know :laughing:

Goldfields
May 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Just love your tulips, Chico2. A beautiful display. It isn't cold enough here for me to grow good tulips. What is the beautiful white blossom?

hazelrunpack
May 9th, 2010, 01:48 PM
So pretty, chico! :cloud9:

Winston
May 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Love your pics Chico...you have such an awesome garden :thumbs up

chico2
May 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Thank's girls:grouphug:
Goldfields,I am terrible with names of my plants,the white-flowering bush has been here for at least twenty years though.
Someone else knows,I am sure.
I just plant things and forget the names:laughing:

Goldfields
May 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
It just looks like something I'd like to grow, if possible, so I hope someone can name it.

Chris21711
May 10th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Looking good already Chico :thumbs up....I like to compare how far along your garden is with my own....I was in Keswick the other day and the Peonies already have big fat buds on them.

I have 2 tulips flowering this year, the rest are all leaves same as the daffodils, real showy :laughing:.........:frustrated:

Goldfields the shrub you were asking about is a Bridal Wreath Spirea http://www.veseys.com/ca/en/store/floweringtrees/floweringtrees/bridalwreath

Goldfields
May 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thank you for that info, Chris21711. I looked it up in my Botanica of garden plants and Spiraea cantoniensis is said to be best for warmer temperate regions. I'll do a ring around and see if anyone has one.

chico2
May 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Goldfields,the flowers don't last long though,maybe two weeks and then it's just a leafy bush.
Thank's Chris:grouphug:

Goldfields
May 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Oh, that's disappointing, chico2. Maybe it won't be as high on the list as some new lilacs then. Thanks for telling me that.

Sylvie
May 12th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Just caught your pictures. I love the tulips. Can't grow them here. Some little varmint enjoys them. :frustrated: