Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some Garden Pics

Winston
May 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Here are some of the newest flowers to bloom....The large bud id the tree peony...

I love the mandarin orange azalea...its so nice but never lasts long.....

of course my bleeding hearts always do well.

I wanted to show the size of the clematis plants and the amount of buds on them...its gonna be really nice this year!

oh and I really like the color of this particuliar hosta

Winston
May 8th, 2010, 08:42 PM
some more.............

Winston
May 8th, 2010, 08:43 PM
lastly........

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
So pretty, Winston! :cloud9:

My Jacob's ladder finally had a few flowers on it...before the snow....not sure if they're still there now. :o And the dandelions are blooming. But that's about it! :D Nothing as colorful as what you have--and my bleeding heart is only about 4 inches tall so far.

Can't wait to see pics of your clematis in bloom :thumbs up

Love your azalea!!! :flirt:

Dee-O-Gee
May 8th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Oh Wow! You're bleeding hearts are out already Winston?

We're just a stone throw away and mine haven't even broke out a bloom yet! :frustrated:

Being in Kansas today with the wind didn't help any. :yell:

Goldfields
May 9th, 2010, 02:36 AM
You have some beautiful plants there, Winston. :thumbs up

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I thought I would post some updated pics of the garden...everything is in bloom right now!

first up the tree peony...OMG its soo big...but I love it..

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Those blooms are gorgeous, Winston!! Do they smell as good as bush peonies do? :flirt:

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
My Nelly Moser clematis that is about 10 yrs old...(lighter colored leaves!) is now entwined with a newer one in a burgundy..this one has miliions and millions of blooms.:thumbs up

and one iris..

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 10:56 PM
roses are blooming too!

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 11:00 PM
some lillies and poppys

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 11:02 PM
lastly a cute planter i bought last yr it was covered in moss...survived the winter so I decided to replant! :thumbs up

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hazel they smell awesome!!! I love peony's!

14+kitties
June 5th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Beautiful Winston!!! :cloud9: I am envious. I just have not had much time to work in my gardens this year yet. They are really suffering. :( Hopefully I can get to them next week when I'm off for a day or two. :fingerscr
Love you little moss basket. They are always neat to have around. Check your dollar store and see if they have anything you can use to make another one if this one breaks.

hazelrunpack
June 5th, 2010, 11:08 PM
All your flowers look awesome!!! Roses, peonies...the scents must be intoxicating! :flirt:

Your clematis plants are absolutely stunning!

Winston
June 5th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks guys I have had no time to weed either and I just finished planting my veggies..way behind....I am having a plant sale in a few weeks and donating the money to rescue so I am gonna be busy!

The clematis is so neat this year with the 2 colors.....! on the left of it I also have a double headed white one I forget the name but its really small still...

14+kitties
June 5th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Great idea!! Just please remember to put some of your allium seeds aside. I will pay you for them and you can donate that as well. I have a spot that needs tall stuff!! :D Just wish they lasted longer into the summer.

serenamlambe
June 6th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Beautiful!!!

What kinds of veggies to you grow, Winston?

Love4himies
June 6th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Gorgeous, Winston. The last pic in your original post, was that the mandarin azalea? It is beautiful :lovestruck:

Winston
June 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Yes L4H it is! I love that! I bought it about 5 yrs ago in Niagara Falls..it caught my eye while driving by! had to stop and get it..

chico2
June 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Winston,the Azalea(sp?)is just beautiful,as is the rest:thumbs up
My day-lilies are not blooming yet,but the Clematises are absolutely loaded with buds,just like yours.
Which one is an Allium??

Winston
June 6th, 2010, 09:06 AM
serena i grow onions, garlic,tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, beets, lettuce and alot of swiss chard. and a few spices..

serenamlambe
June 6th, 2010, 09:15 AM
serena i grow onions, garlic,tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, beets, lettuce and alot of swiss chard. and a few spices..

Wow, sounds like you could make quite the salad from your garden! Yummm! :)

Dee-O-Gee
June 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'm jealous!

I tried to grow on three different occassions, White Henry clematis and they never took. :frustrated:

Your clematis are beautiful Winston along with all the other blooms! :cloud9: