Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Calgary

luckymara
May 7th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hello everybody,
first of all, I want to apologies being the first time I post, even I join more then a year ago.
My family( husband and 2 cats) and I moved to Calgary 6 years ago, and that was the time we start to grow in numbers. Now we are a proud family of 8: 4 cats, 2 dogs and us.
My first "canadian "cat, Pisa, we take home from the streets of Montreal, after one month she had 6 kittens, that we place in good hands among friends. After 1 year Toto, one of Pisa's babies, came back to us and we keep him.
After we got the house, I start to research for my first canadian dog, and shortly we had Lucky, a black and tan american cocker spaniel, a nice boy with strong voice( you know what I'm talking about ), shortly after that we got Bella, a cute lil kitten, as birthday present from one of my work coleague, and after Mara a soft coated wheaten come in our life. The last we save from a family who wanted to return her to Humane society, was Smokey.
So this is our story, I do apologies if it hurt your eyes, but English is not my forte for the moment, but I promise that it will improve!!!

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hello, luckymara! :D

If you've been around for a year, you must know that we're going to bug you for pictures of your fur-babies! So I hope you have some of all your little ones to share! :thumbs up

Welcome to the board!

luckymara
May 7th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you hazel !
Ohhh we have ton's of pictures, but I have to figure out how to post them....

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM
If you have the pictures on your computer, just click on the paperclip symbol in the menu across the top of the reply window and you'll get a dialogue box that allows you to browse to your pics. Click on the one you want to upload. You can attach up to 3 per post, but you may have to resize them to make them small enough. When you have the ones you want to post selected, just click on Upload Files and wait till the the pics are uploaded. Then click on "Close this window" in the dialogue box and submit your reply. :thumbs up

marjo362
May 7th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Welcome! I am new as well! I am from Medicine Hat. Tons of great information on here!!!

chico2
May 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Welcome Luckymara:thumbs up
There is nothing wrong with your English,so you have 4 cats and 2 dogs,quiet a handful:laughing:
Yes,please figure out how to post pics:cat::cat::cat::cat::dog::dog:

luckymara
May 7th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I'v tried, but is not working, maybe is other reason that they don't let me post yet...

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Is it telling you the files are too big? They have to be under 100KB before you can post them.

luckymara
May 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I have already resize the picture, but is no place where to upload them...

when I clic on "insert image", a window open and is saying:
please enter the URL of your image ..... and I can't figure what is this

p.s. thank you all for the warm wellcome

luckypenny
May 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Could it have anything to do with the post count? A minimum of 10 I think is needed?

In her intro, luckymara omitted several important details about herself. She is the best cook ever! And her parents make a killer ţuica...one where you don't dare attempt to talk nor even breathe (not that you could) for at least a minute after only a sip. She's also an amazing person and wonderful friend :angel:.

Welcome to pets.ca, luckymara, finally :2huggers:.

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I have already resize the picture, but is no place where to upload them...

when I clic on "insert image", a window open and is saying:
please enter the URL of your image ..... and I can't figure what is this

If you look just above and to the left of the 'insert image' icon, there's a paper clip icon (between the smiling face and the arrows). When you run your cursor over it, it should say 'Attachments'. Click on that and it will allow you to browse to the pictures on your computer and attach them to your post. :thumbs up

Good cook, eh? :D

Only...what's a tuica? :o

luckypenny
May 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Only...what's a tuica? :o

Moonshine :)

Winston
May 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome ! I second that ? what is it? Hope we get to see pics of your fur family soon!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
:eek:

:laughing: Well, okay, then!!!! Very welcome to the board, luckymara! :p :laugh:

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Ohh thank you hazel, I am sooooo blind...and please believe, there are no "moonshine" in my veins (yet) :laughing:...
Luckypenny I miss you so much....you have no idea !!!

And now my first try :fingerscr

Pisa

Toto

Lucky

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 02:18 AM
...back in business

Mara

Bella

Smokey

and this is my furry family

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
omd, luckymara! I love your furbabies! :flirt: Thanks for sharing!!!

chico2
May 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Oh,I agree,beautiful kitties and your pups are adorable,if LP is a friend of yours you must be a wonderful person:grouphug:

luckypenny
May 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Oh yes, I do have an idea...I miss you just as much :2huggers:.

The pups and kitties are absolutely gorgeous :cloud9:.

sugarcatmom
May 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Well HEH-lo.....did somebody say moonshine? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) :D

Just want to give you a big warm welcome, luckymara, from a fellow Calgarian. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/welcome.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

What very beautiful furry friends you have there! And beautiful non-furry ones, too (ie. luckypenny).

Frenchy
May 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I never had moonshine ... sounds pretty good to me though :cloud9: :laughing:

welcome to pets.ca luckymara. All your fuzzbutts look so adorable , Pisa looks just like my cat , Monsieur le chat.

Aren't those street Montreal cats amazing ? :cat:

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I don't have enough words to Thank You all for this warm welcome!!!

I always know, there are wonderful people somewhere, but I never expected to find them all in the same place !!!

Thank you :pawprint:

Mirela
May 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM

:frustrated: OK, let's make this quite clear: bad tzuica is moonshine, good tzuica is something else altogether :D
Depending on the source and the fruits it's made of, a good tzuica is nice stuff....

luckypenny
May 8th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Are you Romanian Mirela?

I think I've only had ţuica made with plums :cloud9:.

Luckymara, now that you know how to post photos, think you share some more :goodvibes:?

chico2
May 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Oh yes LuckyMara,we are a wonderful bunch

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Your wish is my command !

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM

....please tell me, that is allowd in your house too, and I'm not the only crazy one ....:laughing:

Mirela
May 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Are you Romanian Mirela?

Hmmm... :D how did you guess??;)

I think I've only had ţuica made with plums :cloud9:.[...]

Good stuff. That's the classic one. Althought if you ever have the chance to taste one made from apricots.....:angel:

Mirela
May 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM

This pic belongs in the "thankful" thread -!!! soooo cute!

luckypenny
May 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I love all the photos but the one of Lucky and Mara smooching it up on the couch....too precious :cloud9:.

....please tell me, that is allowd in your house too, and I'm not the only crazy one ....:laughing:

:confused: Umm, yes I think you are. No one here let's their pets do such things :shrug:.

:p

The pic of Bella on the pizza box is too funny :laughing:. Did she get some leftovers at least?

rainbow
May 8th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the forum luckymara :highfive: ......what an adorable fur family you have. :lovestruck:

And, you are so blessed to have met luckypenny :angel: .....I really would love to one day. :thumbs up

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hmmm... :D how did you guess??;)

me me me please, I know the answer :laughing::laughing:
You know tooo muchhh about the tzuica (uuhhhh the apricots one...mmmm)
And Mirela...i's to obvios :)
I's so nice to meet you Mirela, it is to much if I ask, were are you from?
I am from Brasov.

Good stuff. That's the classic one. Althought if you ever have the chance to taste one made from apricots.....:angel:

This is really the best one, next time I'll have some, I'll send you luckypenny!!!

luckymara
May 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the forum luckymara :highfive: ......what an adorable fur family you have. :lovestruck:

And, you are so blessed to have met luckypenny :angel: .....I really would love to one day. :thumbs up

Thank you rainbow :)

I was very lucky, she let me show her who I am :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
May 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
65133 to the board luckymara and I must say, Pisa is a pisa of work! :D Blends very well in the stainless sink. :thumbs up

So did Bella order just cheese and pepperoni on the pizza cause that's just too friggin cute! :laughing:

Great snaps luckymara and keep em coming. :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM
pics of the kitty in the pizza box are to die for :laughing:

and don't worry , you're not alone ... all of my 4 dogs and 3 cats have access to everything in the house :crazy:

TeriM
May 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forum luckymara, your furries are gorgeous :lovestruck:.

chico2
May 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Great pics L-M:thumbs up
Love the kitty on the Pizza-box,that tummy is just made for smooshing:cloud9:
Your pups are adorable,especially in the cuddle-pic.:cloud9:

binkybuff
May 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the forum, Luckymara. Your pictures are great.

My cat and dog, have full run of the house. I am from Medicine Hat, not that far from you.

take care
binky

3iggys
May 12th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hello Calgary from Olds (north of Calgary).

Love your babies.

Linda