Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is the problem?

Nagini
May 7th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I wonder my female dog (1˝years) has recently showed signs that her heat is once again coming soon.

Also at the same time it seems that she has forgotten that she is house trained. She pees and poops indoors sometimes, and it feels strange because she does know that we prefer it outside... :p

I wonder can females getting into heat pee and poop more without control, and possibly inside too? I know they will possibly pee more, and have uncontrollable pee control. But poo?

I had heard that when I house trained my dog back in the days, that she will get periods when it will seem like she has totally forgotten how to be house trained and so on... And that she will get these periods every now and then while growing up. Could it be one of those periods? :D

Melinda
May 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
hormones do crazy things to dogs, you can eliminate all this simply by having her spayed.

cassiek
May 7th, 2010, 04:26 PM
As Melinda said, by far the best option is to have her spayed.

I don't think too many members on here are very familiar with a bitch in heat and may not be able to offer you a lot of advice in this situation. Hopefully someone will come along soon that can offer some suggestions.

Please have her spayed. I don't intend this as a lecture, but as I'm sure you know its much healthier for your pup and of course prevents any unwanted pregnancies, thus avoiding contributing to the huge pet overpopulation. :thumbs up