Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Michigan

grumpybear0810
May 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Just swinging by to say hi and introduce myself to everyone. I am a 21 year old mother of one. I have a 3 year old Jack Russel Terrier/ Schnouzer mix named Jak (no I did not name him and yes I tried to change it) I also have Tipsy my 9 month old Tiger kitty whom I got as a playmate for my dog after I had my son and the puppy started to feel lonely. Our newest addition is Chops a 9 month old kitten who is one week older then Tipsy. We rescued him from my boyfriends work once his playmate ran off and left him lonely.
We have 3 fish Bob Sam and Angel all betas but they are not too exciting. Oh I should also mention my mice that are living in the kitchen and driving everyone up the wall (almost litterally a couple of times).
I am currently in school for animal behavior and grooming and majoring in mathamatics.
I am also fully aware that my grammar and spelling are horrid. :crazy:
Hoping to get to know everyone here and see if there is anything that I can be helpful with and hoping that you all can help me out as well with any questions that may come.:eek:

Melinda
May 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
well that sounds like a housefull!! umm are the mice pets? or literally living in the kitchen, uninvited? *L* I like the name Jack for the jack russel! Love to see pics of your fur family

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the board, grumpybear0810.

Yes, pictures are mandatory! :D Please?

chico2
May 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Welcome to our Forum,GrumpyBear,It does seem that you have an interesting mix of critters and we really do LOVE to actually see who you are talking about,the mice,unless they are pets,can stay out of the pics:laughing:

binkybuff
May 7th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome,

One thing, Schnauzers were originally bred to be ratters, and my older dogs would always do chores with me. If there was a mouse within their range, it was one dead mouse. I had to watch the dogs didn't take the cat's real mice away.

Your Jack could possibly get a couple of them for you.

take care of all your critters
binky

grumpybear0810
May 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Lol Thank you all for the warm welcome

Binky- If my dog wasnt scared of his own shadow it would be awesome but the last time he came nose to nose with the a mouse he wouldnt get out from under the bed for an hour. But luckily the cats do a decent job as long as they decide to get off there butts and do something...

Melinda-No the mice are not pets altho I used to have rats. They just inhabit my kitchen luckily its starting to warm up so they will go outside for the season.

luckypenny
May 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Welcome to pets.ca, grumpybear :). Looking forward to pics :goodvibes:.

Dee-O-Gee
May 8th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard grumpybear (love your sign in name btw! :D)

Hope to see snaps of your little ones soon. :)