Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grey & White cat missing -Bloor & Dovercourt

Christine A.
September 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I am trying to help my friend find his cat, Jackie, a female, spayed, grey and white (domestic short hair) cat with a grey "smudge" on her nose. She was last seen by her owner on August 25. and lives in the Bloor & Dovercourt area of Toronto. She is on the smaller side and is quite friendly and spunky. I am trying to obtain her picture and will post it as soon as I get it. She is greatly missed.

Iggette
September 7th, 2004, 09:04 AM
My mistake I thought this was your kitty :confused: .....any luck on a pic yet? My son is usually in the bloor bathurst area(and many others downtown) I always forward pics to him just in case

Christine A.
September 7th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry, but this is the best pic I could get from Jackie's owner. Hopefully it will still help.

Thanks for all your support!

Iggette
September 11th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Thanks I will forward it.....not to bad of a pic has a good showing of markings on the face

Christine A.
September 11th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much Iggette. That would really be helpful. :)

I am starting to get a bit discouraged, as it has been more than 2 weeks now. I am trying not to think the worst, but after recently hearing the horror stories of people killing cats for "art projects" it's hard to stay positive knowing that people like that are out there.

Jackie's owner is actually just an acquaintance who happens to live in same house as my sister (shared duplex). I do know that he is our neighbourhood's "pet detective" and is always keeping his eyes open for postings for missing animals and goes out of his way to look for them on his bike in his spare time! He has taken in and cared for many strays himself - Jackie being one of them (she was found in a box in the winter in a school yard with her 5 newborn kittens!) He took them in, took them all to the vet and once the babies got bigger, found them all good homes. I helped care for them when he had to go away. He kept Jackie who was a wonderful mother (she couldn't have been much more than 6 months herself when she had the kittens), affectionate - a real cuddler and lap cat. Because he lives in a basement, he felt it was cruel to keep her locked up inside all the time, and would let her roam around the outside of the house on occassion (we tried to convince him otherwise) - one day, he let her out for her afternoon stroll (she would normally come back within an hour) but this time she never returned. :(

Anyway, that's Jackie's story. I guess as animal lovers we can all imagine what it must feel like to lose a pet, even if we haven't lost one ourselves.

Sorry for the "ramble" - thanks again for your help and support! Every little bit helps!

Christine A.
October 7th, 2004, 09:07 PM
After 7 weeks, Jackie is finally home! She was found in the furnace room in the basement of a church. Luckily the caretaker knew Jackie's owner and had seen her around and recognized her. I went to see her today and she is dirty and skinny but just as lovable and affectionate as always. Apparently she had a hard time getting adjusted to seeing daylight as it seems she had been locked up in the darkness for all this time! :(

Turns out one of the preachers of this particular church has 2 sons that are troublemakers and are known for blasting their music from their car stereo at all times of night. Jackie's owner had complained several times and it is quite possible that she was locked up intentionally as "revenge" (they had seen Jackie with her owner on the porch of her house several times). Anyway, it is all speculation but even the caretaker of the church is convinced that this was the scenario.

The important thing is that Jackie is back! She will be taken to the vet and I am sure will be back to her old radiant self very soon. Thank you for all of your support, to those who posted and to all the people who read my post just to keep their eyes open in case. I truly didn't think this was going to have a happy ending, and hopefully this will give hope to the others in search of their lost furry loved ones. I wish you all the very best of luck in your searches and will be checking in as always to see if I can be of any help.

Best wishes,
Christine

badger
October 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
FABULOUS news. Never give up!

krdahmer
October 7th, 2004, 11:04 PM
That is so great to hear...and shame on those little punks!

chico2
October 8th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Thank's for letting us know...wonderful news :D

glasslass
October 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Sooo glad she was found! Yea!!!! :)

Iggette
October 12th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Oh what a lucky cat........glad to hear the good news