Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mr. Nino

pattymac
April 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Haven't been posting much, just lurking and reading and of course checking the LOL cats thread.

Anyway since we moved west, Nino is a completely different kitty. He's quickly becoming a lap kitty, a rather large lap kitty!! No more biting...he used to get overstimulated from being petted and nip. Now he loves to sit on me and knead away and purr. Bobee likes to try to antagonize him the odd time and a little bit of paw waving goes on. The 3 of them can sit together on the table waiting for their dinner. He wouldn't touch wet food and now he's quite often first with his face in the bowl, him and Bobee usually eat together.

He's pretty much stopped chasing Coco around but if Coco is upset will run to defend him.

He's pretty much over his fear of plastic bags..anytime I'd open a plastic bag and it would crinkle, he'd run and hide. Now he can actually stay in the room and stay calm. Aluminum foil still freaks him out a bit but nowhere near as badly as when we first brought him home.

I gotta get some more pics of everybody together and put them up here, but I don't think Lorraine would recognize him anymore...oh and he actually plays and isn't afraid of his toys anymore. The first few times I brought out a wand toy, he'd run away from it, now he plays with it.

hazelrunpack
April 30th, 2010, 10:09 PM
That's a great update, pattymac! So what is it about the west that brings out the best in Nino? :D Sounds like he's doing so well!

But we definitely need some pics, please!

luckypenny
April 30th, 2010, 10:22 PM
It must be the dry air :D.

Wonderful update pattymac! Looking forward to those photos :goodvibes:.

pattymac
April 30th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I think it's because we're much more relaxed out here!! It's amazing what a difference a really sweet landlady will do for your overall mood!!

rg_girlca
May 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM
Patty, I am so happy to read that Nino is doing so much better. Thank you so very much on not giving up on him. I think I would be able to recognize Nino with my eyes closed. LOL!!!!! I think about him often and would LOVE to see some new pictures of him.:)

This is my favorite picture that I have of him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures462.jpg

Tundra_Queen
May 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM
that's an adorable pic :laughing:

PattyMac I'm glad everyone is doing so much butter! that's great! I hope u post pics soon. :D

pattymac
May 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj186/pattymac62/morecritterpics003.jpg

i have more but i'll put them in pics section

Frenchy
May 2nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Yea for Nino !! :thumbs up I'm happy you all like your new place :thumbs up

rg_girlca
May 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
That tail of his is just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks Patty for the butt picture. Now I am on my way to the pic section. :)

pattymac
May 2nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Bobee likes playing with his tail..I think he's jealous!! He's such a big suck and OMG when he decides its lap time....and kneading time...I'm going to loan him out to the local bakery!! He must weigh about 20 pounds and when he stands on you and starts kneading! Then he doesn't just lay down on you, he falls over and has to be right across your chest..I can just see the headlines..cat owner smothered by large Maine Coon!!

Tundra_Queen
May 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj186/pattymac62/morecritterpics003.jpg

i have more but i'll put them in pics section

And what a nice butt he has too!! :laughing:

rg_girlca
May 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Then he doesn't just lay down on you, he falls over and has to be right across your chest..I can just see the headlines..cat owner smothered by large Maine Coon!!

LOL!!!!!! Love your comment Pattymac. :laughing: